Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

How do you handle your alcohol?

How do you handle your alcohol?
« on: May 24, 2013, 10:25:37 AM »
Two things -

1.  I'm tired of being a sissy 100 pound girl when it comes to drinking.  Last night, we went out to celebrate the end of the year, and after two drinks, I was buzzed out of my mind.  I've always been that way.  Does cutting down on carbs during the day help with this?  Should I eat a steak before going out?  I want my future children to fear me as if I were Ron Swanson.

2.  Where can I go in Birmingham to order real drinks?  We went to a local spot in Pelham, AL and I asked for an Old Fashioned.  The girl looked at me like I was one of them yankees.  So I asked for a whiskey sour and she mixed Jim Beam with a bunch of what looked like Mello Yellow.  It was disgusting.  Like drinking bourbon flavored cat piss.  I ended up ordering a Jameson neat. 

But I want to drink like Don Draper when I go out.  Not Bubba Smith at a college bar. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: How do you handle your alcohol?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 10:29:20 AM »
Two things -

1.  I'm tired of being a sissy 100 pound girl when it comes to drinking.  Last night, we went out to celebrate the end of the year, and after two drinks, I was buzzed out of my mind.  I've always been that way.  Does cutting down on carbs during the day help with this?  Should I eat a steak before going out?  I want my future children to fear me as if I were Ron Swanson.

2.  Where can I go in Birmingham to order real drinks?  We went to a local spot in Pelham, AL and I asked for an Old Fashioned.  The girl looked at me like I was one of them yankees.  So I asked for a whiskey sour and she mixed Jim Beam with a bunch of what looked like Mello Yellow.  It was disgusting.  Like drinking bourbon flavored cat piss.  I ended up ordering a Jameson neat. 

But I want to drink like Don Draper when I go out.  Not Bubba Smith at a college bar.

Highlands Bar & Grill
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 10:30:03 AM »
Highlands Bar & Grill

I should rephrase -

Where can I go to order a real drink in Birmingham where I'm not spending $80 on a meal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 10:31:49 AM »
I should rephrase -

Where can I go to order a real drink in Birmingham where I'm not spending $80 on a meal?

Try Dram in Mt. Brook village.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 10:32:23 AM »
A thread about alcohol on the X.  This may go longer than "Watcha Listening to?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 10:37:15 AM »
I should rephrase -

The Rare Martini
I hear that place is Epic and bananas
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 10:51:58 AM »
Two things -

For question #1,

1. Gain 100 lbs

2. Start drinking a lot

3. Gain 100 lbs more

4. Eat before you start drinking, carb it up!

5. Start drinking even more

6. Die early of either liver failure, heart attack, stroke, or diabetus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 10:53:39 AM »
Try Dram in Mt. Brook village.

I forgot about that place.  Went upstairs to the fancy California green room and ordered a burger.  Best burger I've ever eaten in my life. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 10:58:26 AM »
I forgot about that place.  Went upstairs to the fancy California green room and ordered a burger.  Best burger I've ever eaten in my life.

Hmmm...now my interest is sparked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 10:59:27 AM »
I usually handle it with the right hand. But sometimes I use the left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 11:02:21 AM »
I usually handle it with the right hand. But sometimes I use the left.

Reminds me of Nick Offerman's answer on a Reddit AMA -

"What's your favorite kind of beer?"
"Cold.  My 2nd favorite?  You guessed it.  Warm."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 11:03:10 AM »
Hmmm...now my interest is sparked.

Seriously you should go.  They grind it in house and it's not too expensive considering the rest of the menu is $20+.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 11:03:20 AM »
Reminds me of Nick Offerman's answer on a Reddit AMA -

"What's your favorite kind of beer?"
"Cold.  My 2nd favorite?  You guessed it.  Warm."

Nope. The next one!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 11:08:04 AM »
Seriously you should go.  They grind it in house and it's not too expensive considering the rest of the menu is $20+.

I will have to head over there sometime soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 11:23:40 AM »
I've always order a Lindsay Lohan myself. If you've never indulged, it's a red headed slut with a splash of coke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 12:02:46 PM »
For question #1,

1. Gain 100 lbs

2. Start drinking a lot

3. Gain 100 lbs more

4. Eat before you start drinking, carb it up!

5. Start drinking even more

6. Die early of either liver failure, heart attack, stroke, or diabetus.

Solid advice here people!  Listen up, this man knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 12:10:49 PM »
Two things -

Just start drinking on a daily basis.  I would tell you to get a bottle of Eagle Rare ($30) and drink until you are buzzed every night.  After a while you will get to the point that it will take half the bottle to make you buzzed, which can really hurt the pocket book btw. 

On the second, I know nothing of B'ham except JClydes and I have only been there once.  I don't remember them having all that good of a spirit menu, but the beer menu is pretty damn good.  So is the food.   Ahh what she poured you was the cheap ass sweet and sour that you can get at any grocery store.  If it's not made with lemon juice, sugar or syrup, then it's not a whiskey sour.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 12:42:29 PM »
Solid advice here people!  Listen up, this man knows.

I have been working hard at #s 1 and 3 this winter!

Oh...and #6 by default.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 01:41:16 PM »
The Rare Martini
I hear that place is Epic and bananas

The karaoke guy there blows.

Literally, for $20 he will take you out back and blow you.  Great service.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 11:05:07 PM »
No suggestions for Hogan's off 280?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions