Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Indicted

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Indicted
« on: June 04, 2013, 12:22:48 PM »
Former Auburn basketball player indicted for point-shaving while playing for the Tigers
Posted: Jun 04, 2013 10:38 AM CDT Updated: Jun 04, 2013 10:39 AM CDT
By JoBeth Davis - bioemail

AUBURN, AL (WSFA) -

A suspended Auburn basketball player has been indicted on two counts in federal court following accusations of point-shaving while he was playing for Auburn.

In the indictment which was released last Thursday, Kyievarez "Varez" Ward is alleged to have conspired with others to bribe or solicit one or more individuals to influence a sporting contest, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 371.

Ward and another teammate, Chris Denson, were suspended by the Tigers prior to the Feb. 25, 2012 home game against the Arkansas Razorbacks after allegations of poor play involving point-shaving.

Denson was questioned regarding the alleged point-shaving investigation, but was cleared a short time after his initial suspension. He was allowed to return to the team.

Auburn University Athletics issued a statement shortly after Ward's suspension:

"Auburn officials were made aware of a rumor regarding an allegation two weeks ago and immediately reported it to the FBI, the NCAA and the SEC. Because of the nature of the allegation, Auburn is not in a position to make any further comment on the situation."

WSFA 12 News has reached out to Auburn University for comment in the wake of Ward's indictment. At this time Ward is no longer enrolled in the university.

Ward attended Jefferson Davis High School in Montgomery back in 2007.

RutRoh

http://www.wsfa.com/story/22497140/former-auburn-basketball-player-indicted-for-point-shaving-while-playing-for-the-tigers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Indicted
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 12:33:08 PM »
Again, all indications are AU handled the situation quickly and as more gooder as possible.  Not an Auburn problem. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 12:58:32 PM »
Now, Scott Moore and Count Dracula will finally release teh tapes that will tell us who the bagman is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 03:14:55 PM »
Point shaving at Auburn? 

"Now boys, the spread shows ya'll are gonna lose by 50.5.  I need ya'll to make it a solid 60 for me."

"Hell, Mr. Bagman, we can do that, we don't even need a reason."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.