Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lebron James

Lebron James
« on: May 23, 2013, 10:43:34 AM »
So, he's pretty good.  Last night he messed around and got a triple double and hit the game winning shot.  It was a good day.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9303840
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Lebron James
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 10:56:19 AM »
Went to bed as soon as they went to overtime.  I missed the game winning shot.  Yeah, that Lebron fellow just might make it in this league.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 04:45:43 PM »
That guy makes me want to watch a little of the In-Bee-eh again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 05:01:14 PM »
Yeah, he's good. But he knows it and acts like it. Not a fan. Primadonna. Gimme old school Dr. J, Cornbread Maxwell, Larry B. and I'll watch more. Even if they have to use a walker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 05:58:56 PM »
Dumbass move by the Pacers' coach taking Hibbert out of the game on Miami's last 2 possesions. Both times James went straight to the basket. If I'm Indiana, I gotta like my chances considering they had 20 or so turnovers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 09:39:27 AM »
Dumbass move by the Pacers' coach taking Hibbert out of the game on Miami's last 2 possesions. Both times James went straight to the basket. If I'm Indiana, I gotta like my chances considering they had 20 or so turnovers.

No doubt I'd have put him in after the first time James went to the hole.  I understand his reasoning to an extent, saying that Hibbert was matched up with Bosh and couldn't guard him in space. Bosh is good on the perimeter and they've gone to him a lot at the end.  But, on the last play I'd have definitely had all my starters in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 10:34:45 AM »
No doubt I'd have put him in after the first time James went to the hole.  I understand his reasoning to an extent, saying that Hibbert was matched up with Bosh and couldn't guard him in space. Bosh is good on the perimeter and they've gone to him a lot at the end.  But, on the last play I'd have definitely had all my starters in.

You see what Hibbert said after the game?

He took the blame and said that falls on me. To paraphrase...I wasn't doing a good job on Bosch on the perimeter so I can understand why coach took me out there. I have to get better...

That is the way you act like a team...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 10:38:55 AM »
But honestly, George made a bad play on Lebron defensively. You really have to stay in front of him there and not over pursue. Make him hit a 15' shot with a hand in the face, not an open layup. Nice by Lebron, but poor defensive technique by George. From what I have read about him, he is a pretty good defensive player and just made a huge mistake there by simply over pursuing...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 10:54:13 AM »
But honestly, George made a bad play on Lebron defensively. You really have to stay in front of him there and not over pursue. Make him hit a 15' shot with a hand in the face, not an open layup. Nice by Lebron, but poor defensive technique by George. From what I have read about him, he is a pretty good defensive player and just made a huge mistake there by simply over pursuing...

Like one article I read said, "he's a third year player trying to stop one of the most physically dominating players in NBA history."  George is going to be a special player, he just got eaten up by a guy who is going to be one of the greats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 10:01:26 AM »
1-1 now. This is going to be one hell of a series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 04:19:18 PM »
Had not watched any live NBA in a while, but just happened to see the final minute or so of last night's game - Lebron James had back-to-back turnovers (both sloppy passes) and gave the game away
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 01:31:35 PM »
Yeah, he's good. But he knows it and acts like it. Not a fan. Primadonna. Gimme old school Dr. J, Cornbread Maxwell, Larry B. and I'll watch more. Even if they have to use a walker.
Disagree.  Did you watch his reaction after winning that first game?   He was all business, he actually looked to be pissed off.  Wade was the one jumping and hollering, because Lebron saved his ass after the 3 point foul.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 02:26:12 PM »
Disagree.  Did you watch his reaction after winning that first game?   He was all business, he actually looked to be pissed off.  Wade was the one jumping and hollering, because Lebron saved his ass after the 3 point foul.

Agree with your disagreement.  One thing I have no doubt about is that LeBrown is serious about championships and just as importantly, his legacy.  Is the latter selfish?  Maybe.  But the man takes his game seriously.  There have been a ton of people in recent years trying to get the Lebron vs. Jordan debate going.  Who is/was better?  You can make some arguments on both sides but for me, the # of championships is the key and until and if Lebron gets near that number....

Anywho, I saw where Jordan was asked recently how he'd guard Lebron to which Jordan said he'd force him to go to his left because if he gets a step to the right, he's going to the rack and unguardable.  If you force him to the left, he'll shoot jumpers and you can guard that.  They said the very next game, Lebron repeatedly went left and took his man to the hole and scored at will.  It was in direct response to Jordan's comments. 

Having said all that, tonight may be as big a game as James has had in his career.  Sounds crazy but if they can get past the Pacers and go on to win another championship, Lebron is well on his way to cementing his legacy.  Lose and go on to drop this series, it will constantly be argued that he doesn't deserve to be discussed in the same breath as Jordan or Kobe, Russell etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 03:01:38 PM »
Agree with your disagreement.  One thing I have no doubt about is that LeBrown is serious about championships and just as importantly, his legacy.  Is the latter selfish?  Maybe.  But the man takes his game seriously.  There have been a ton of people in recent years trying to get the Lebron vs. Jordan debate going.  Who is/was better?  You can make some arguments on both sides but for me, the # of championships is the key and until and if Lebron gets near that number....

Anywho, I saw where Jordan was asked recently how he'd guard Lebron to which Jordan said he'd force him to go to his left because if he gets a step to the right, he's going to the rack and unguardable.  If you force him to the left, he'll shoot jumpers and you can guard that.  They said the very next game, Lebron repeatedly went left and took his man to the hole and scored at will.  It was in direct response to Jordan's comments. 

Having said all that, tonight may be as big a game as James has had in his career.  Sounds crazy but if they can get past the Pacers and go on to win another championship, Lebron is well on his way to cementing his legacy.  Lose and go on to drop this series, it will constantly be argued that he doesn't deserve to be discussed in the same breath as Jordan or Kobe, Russell etc.

I have to wonder if the pacers will got a shit ton of bullshit calls in the last 10 mins like they did 2 nights ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 03:06:28 PM »
I have to wonder if the pacers will got a shit ton of bullshit calls in the last 10 mins like they did 2 nights ago.

Don't know.  Heard today that James and West and somebody else got fined $5K each for "flopping".  Not that $5K is more than half a night of making it rain for James.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 07:46:10 PM »
Don't know.  Heard today that James and West and somebody else got fined $5K each for "flopping".  Not that $5K is more than half a night of making it rain for James.....

http://bustedcoverage.com/2013/05/30/lebrons-bar-bill-taxes-higher-than-his-5k-nba-flopping-fine/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 09:12:18 AM »
Wade decided to finally show up and the Heat ran away with it.  So now we get the best player of the last generation (Duncan) going against the best player of this generation in the finals.  Should be interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 09:38:25 AM »
Wade decided to finally show up and the Heat ran away with it.  So now we get the best player of the last generation (Duncan) going against the best player of this generation in the finals.  Should be interesting.

The Heat were a completely different team last night.  And yes, Wade was the catalyst.  They looked like they had rested for 5 days while the Pacers looked tired and drained.  I was really surprised the Pacers didn't even come close to matching the intensity.  They were settling for weak outside jump shots and getting beat for every rebound, especially on Miami's offensive end.  I started watching college baseball in the 4th quarter.  By the way, did anyone catch Florida Atlantic and UNC last night?  9th inning forward, big time drama. FAU down 6-2 in the top of the 9th.  Load the bases and UNC walks one in and then another one scores.  6-4 bases loaded again and BOOM, grand salami.  8-6 bottom of the 9th.  UNC rips 3 straight hits and scores 2 to tie.  It went on from there until UNC hit a walk off single in I believe the 13th.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 11:31:05 AM »
The Heat were a completely different team last night.  And yes, Wade was the catalyst.  They looked like they had rested for 5 days while the Pacers looked tired and drained.  I was really surprised the Pacers didn't even come close to matching the intensity.  They were settling for weak outside jump shots and getting beat for every rebound, especially on Miami's offensive end.  I started watching college baseball in the 4th quarter.  By the way, did anyone catch Florida Atlantic and UNC last night?  9th inning forward, big time drama. FAU down 6-2 in the top of the 9th.  Load the bases and UNC walks one in and then another one scores.  6-4 bases loaded again and BOOM, grand salami.  8-6 bottom of the 9th.  UNC rips 3 straight hits and scores 2 to tie.  It went on from there until UNC hit a walk off single in I believe the 13th.

I watched four minutes of the basketball thing (the first four of NBA all season) and it was obvious from the way the fouls were being called that Indiana had no chance.  So I watched Killer Joe instead. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 02:03:10 PM »
I watched four minutes of the basketball thing (the first four of NBA all season) and it was obvious from the way the fouls were being called that Indiana had no chance.  So I watched Killer Joe instead.

Funny. Because it was just the opposite in 5 of the other 6 games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE