Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Wrong Way Fish

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Wrong Way Fish
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2013, 09:09:51 AM »
Now that is some good eating.  Grouper #1 fish in my book, then Snapper.  Flounder is good too, as are speckled trout.

Huge fan of the mahi.  This tops my list. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2013, 10:20:04 AM »
Huge fan of the mahi.  This tops my list.

Fun to catch, though I've never been so sick in my life. 

Not responsible for the music.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2013, 12:06:19 PM »
Very nice.  That did look like one heck of a ride though.  I had been seasick several times early on in life and as you and anyone else who has been there/done that knows....very few worse things in life than a good session of seasickness.  When I did my first sailfishing trip, I knew I would be on the water for 3 straight days and was really worried I'd ruin my trip if I got seasick.  Got a Rx for the patches (Can't spell the name) and I'll swear by those things.  I never take anything resembling an ocean fishing trip without a patch. Had I gone on what you just showed without one, everyone on that boat would have come back covered in Snagglechunks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »
Taking the wife deep sea fishing for the first time next week, I plan on fishing-drinking-drinking-watching her fish and hopefully laughing my ass off if she hooks something that can put up a good fight.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2013, 02:22:58 PM »
Very nice.  That did look like one heck of a ride though.  I had been seasick several times early on in life and as you and anyone else who has been there/done that knows....very few worse things in life than a good session of seasickness.  When I did my first sailfishing trip, I knew I would be on the water for 3 straight days and was really worried I'd ruin my trip if I got seasick.  Got a Rx for the patches (Can't spell the name) and I'll swear by those things.  I never take anything resembling an ocean fishing trip without a patch. Had I gone on what you just showed without one, everyone on that boat would have come back covered in Snagglechunks.

I remember hearing interviews with WW2 vets where they asked them how could they run into machine gun fire from a small landing craft.  The universal answer was that they were so seasick they didn't care if they lived or died, just as long as they got off that boat.  I always thought that was BS until that day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2013, 02:42:08 PM »
I remember hearing interviews with WW2 vets where they asked them how could they run into machine gun fire from a small landing craft.  The universal answer was that they were so seasick they didn't care if they lived or died, just as long as they got off that boat.  I always thought that was BS until that day.

I'll tell you about one experience I had.  I was at the beach and it had been storming....

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you, boys, I was terrified! But I pressed on - and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment - I was a Marine Biologist! ...The sea was angry that day, my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli! I got about fifty feet out and suddenly, the great beast appeared before me. I tell ya, he was ten stories high if he was a foot. As if sensing my presence, he let out a great bellow. I said, "Easy big fella!" And then, as I watched him struggling, I realized that something was obstructing its breathing. From where I was standing I could see directly into the eye of the great fish!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2013, 02:50:32 PM »
I'll tell you about one experience I had.  I was at the beach and it had been storming....

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you, boys, I was terrified! But I pressed on - and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment - I was a Marine Biologist! ...The sea was angry that day, my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli! I got about fifty feet out and suddenly, the great beast appeared before me. I tell ya, he was ten stories high if he was a foot. As if sensing my presence, he let out a great bellow. I said, "Easy big fella!" And then, as I watched him struggling, I realized that something was obstructing its breathing. From where I was standing I could see directly into the eye of the great fish!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2013, 03:16:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2013, 04:46:05 PM »

Was that a Titelist?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2013, 10:41:15 PM »
Okay,I admit. This was 1st fishing trip in 23 yrs I've lived here. I have sailed across Gulf and back...twice. Never got sea sick. Both times after getting on land was the worst 48 hours of my life. I'm a pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2013, 12:29:47 PM »
Best fish in the world is Halibut.  I'm not talking that North Atlantic shit either.  I'm talking cold water North Pacific off the coast of Alaska Halibut.  It is the God Tier fish compared to the rest.

pacific sturgeon.   have you had?  if not, you may say otherwise. 

i agree though pacific halibut is  :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2013, 12:52:30 PM »
Jehova Jehova Jehova
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2013, 01:10:23 PM »
pacific sturgeon.   have you had?  if not, you may say otherwise. 

i agree though pacific halibut is  :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup:

I have not, but may have to try some the next time I get to go out West.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2013, 01:18:08 PM »
I have not, but may have to try some the next time I get to go out West.

You're not going out west.  New job.  Remember?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2013, 02:12:46 PM »
You're not going out west.  New job.  Remember?

Not exactly true.  We don't travel once a month here like we used to.  We travel about once a year to Co and Cali.  I may not be up on the travel rotation for a while though since I am the new guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2013, 03:33:44 PM »
Not exactly true.  We don't travel once a month here like we used to.  We travel about once a year to Co and Cali.  I may not be up on the travel rotation for a while though since I am the new guy.

Isn't weed legal in both those States?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2013, 05:41:01 PM »
Isn't weed legal in both those States?

Anything's legal if you don't get caught.

And if you do get caught, get a lawyer that cares.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

dallaswareagle

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2013, 02:36:55 PM »
 Crab stuffed Sea bass again this past weekend with Lobsters grilled on cedar plank with wine for the Mrs. and cold beer for me.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2013, 09:04:49 PM »
Crab stuffed Sea bass again this past weekend with Lobsters grilled on cedar plank with wine for the Mrs. and cold beer for me.

keen glass
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2013, 10:19:57 AM »
keen glass

Most of my stuff is keen, some super keen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions