Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Carabba's

Re: Carabba's
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 05:11:33 PM »
IMHO, Carabbas is the best national chain restaurant that exists. Period.

Some may say Ruth's Chris or another one of the like...and Ruth's is great but for the quality and money, it's tough to beat Carabbas.

Everything on the damn menu is orgasmic.

Been to Ruth's once when the wife's boss gave her a gift card for Christmas.  Honestly, I've had a better steak at Quincy's, and Ruth's didn't even have any sweet yeast rolls.

Best steak joint I've ever been to was Bones in ATL.  Similarly priced and blew Ruth's right out of the water.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 05:26:16 PM »
On the steak deal, I can't recall the last time I ordered a real steak (Something besides Chop Steak, which I love) at any restaurant.  First, I love grilling but more importantly, we're lucky to have two butcher shops here that cut the finest filets on the planet, IMHO. 

Side note.  Many many years ago, I was up in the Huntsville area and went to a restaurant where you went up to the meat counter and picked out your own steak.  You could have them cook it or you could cook it yourself on a big, open grill in the center of the restaurant.  Don't even know if the place still exists.  But it was a cool concept because you could take your steak up there and grill it the way you wanted, with tons of spices all around the grill to season it.  Take your adult beverage with you and shoot the shift with others doing the same.  (Male penis bonding)

Anyone have something like this in your area?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 06:41:23 PM »
Never seen one...but I did have an idea for a restaurant myself.  Make your own pizza!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 06:44:01 PM »
Best cheap steak I had came from the Country Kitchen in Opp, AL. Dude had a special in 1997 steak dinner for $6.95. The ration of price versus quality will keep from places like Ruth Chris. I can get aged beef here in Mobile at Mosley's a hell of lot cheaper than Ruth Chris. There's a place in Semmes, AL call Stuckey's that has pretty killer meat too. Restaurants are for when you don't want to do it yourself, or make the wife do it, and clean up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 06:44:43 PM »
Never seen one...but I did have an idea for a restaurant myself.  Make your own pizza!

Cosmo's?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 07:06:28 PM »
On the steak deal, I can't recall the last time I ordered a real steak (Something besides Chop Steak, which I love) at any restaurant.  First, I love grilling but more importantly, we're lucky to have two butcher shops here that cut the finest filets on the planet, IMHO. 

Side note.  Many many years ago, I was up in the Huntsville area and went to a restaurant where you went up to the meat counter and picked out your own steak.  You could have them cook it or you could cook it yourself on a big, open grill in the center of the restaurant.  Don't even know if the place still exists.  But it was a cool concept because you could take your steak up there and grill it the way you wanted, with tons of spices all around the grill to season it.  Take your adult beverage with you and shoot the shift with others doing the same.  (Male penis bonding)

Anyone have something like this in your area?

I try to get the guys together once a month and essentially do this in my backyard.  Naked.

I'll send you an invite for June.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 08:17:15 PM »
Been to Ruth's once when the wife's boss gave her a gift card for Christmas.  Honestly, I've had a better steak at Quincy's, and Ruth's didn't even have any sweet yeast rolls.

Best steak joint I've ever been to was Bones in ATL.  Similarly priced and blew Ruth's right out of the water.

Agree

Ruth's is good. But not for what they charge. McGuires also had better meats IMHO but isn't a chain either.

I like to use sauces at McGuires which makes Wes very happy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 08:45:08 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.