Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2013 Auburn football's 10 things to know (SBNation)

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: 2013 Auburn football's 10 things to know (SBNation)
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 03:25:07 PM »

31 to 28 (Field goal in overtime) is not beating the shit out of anybody.

That is about the quietist I have ever heard the stadium after a win. :sad:

Yeah...I forgot that one. However, we were up 28-10 and about to make it 35-10 when dumb ass fumbled at the goal line.

But...I see your point. The other two we handled pretty easily...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 03:26:08 PM »
We will see an 8 win season IF:

1. Lashlee can find a servicable QB that can make the easy throws and take a shot or 5 a game deep to keep the defenses honest enough for the running game to develop.
2. Garner can light a fire under the DL to replace their rollerskates from 2012 with some damn Land Sharks and the ends can get a good rush.
3. The Guards can step up their game so that they can pull and actually put a hat on somebody.
4. Two solid receivers take over the first team and help the aforementioned servicable QB stretch the field. (This is Trovon Reed's year!!!)
Your demands are too demanding.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 03:27:46 PM »

31 to 28 (Field goal in overtime) is not beating the shit out of anybody.

AAAAaannd, I'd argue that outside of Western Carolina, no team we play this year is as bad as LaMonroe. Including Arkansas State.

We "beat the shit" out of Alabama A&M and New Mexico State.

We'll "beat the shit" out of Western Carolina (hopefully). If our next best game was a 3 point win in OT against LaMonroe, and we're exactly as good as we were last year, then expect L's from Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, Washington State, and Mississippi State, and everyone else.

"Expect" 1-11, if that's your measuring stick.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:30:28 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 03:54:46 PM »

31 to 28 (Field goal in overtime) is not beating the shoot out of anybody.

Yeah but we were on spice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 04:17:18 PM »
On College Football Live, one of the douchebags said that Wassu would come to AU and beat us easily.   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 04:19:08 PM »
On College Football Live, one of the douchebags said that Wassu would come to AU and beat us easily.   :facepalm:
Andre Ware. And if true, we really are worse than last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 05:06:02 PM »
8-5 (including a Bowl win).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 05:16:39 PM »

But here's the thing.  Unless you're close to this program and really understand what the problems were the last two years, how can anyone look at Auburn and think the things we're predicting?  Folks, this team was BAD, BAD, HORRIBLY BAD last year.  What people around the country remember about Auburn is a team that just got steamrolled in 3 of their last 4 games on a national stage.  Not even remotely competitive in any of them.  Predicting a Mike Leach team will come in and beat a 3-9 Auburn is not exactly going out on the ole limb there.  We've proven nothing to this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 05:26:37 PM »
But here's the thing.  Unless you're close to this program and really understand what the problems were the last two years, how can anyone look at Auburn and think the things we're predicting?  Folks, this team was BAD, BAD, HORRIBLY BAD last year.  What people around the country remember about Auburn is a team that just got steamrolled in 3 of their last 4 games on a national stage.  Not even remotely competitive in any of them.  Predicting a Mike Leach team will come in and beat a 3-9 Auburn is not exactly going out on the ole limb there.  We've proven nothing to this point.
Look, practicing law on spice is a lot different from playing football on it. You should know this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 06:27:19 PM »
You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Getting over .500 including a bowl game will be a success to me. Beyond that it's icing. "Expecting" 8 is guaranteeing disappointment.

Agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 07:09:33 PM »
Disappointment hell. My expectations are an 8-4 regular season with a win over either UGAy or updyke U. 7-5 and I won't be disappointed as long as we beat either UGAy or updyke U. Losing to those 2 fag schools has gotta stop. I know the suckage was grand last year but this is a team of highly recruited upperclassmen that should feel like they have something to prove this year. And that point is that they aren't the bunch of quitting pussies we saw last year. My hope expectations is that Gus has can get these guys to play with a chip on their shoulders and play with the same intensity we saw against the Corndogs every week. Do that for 12 games, Auburn will win 8 or more. Its all about attitude and work ethic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2013, 07:21:45 AM »
In engineering we refer to it as workin' by FM (fuckin magic)

Got an answer right on a test by writing "fm=8".  Dumbass professor had made the answer 8.  I had to explain the "fm" part to him. 
Good times. 
We drank scotch together from then on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2013, 07:53:06 AM »
I'm not sure I agree. I'm not a kool-aid drinker by any means, but 7, maybe 8 wins is doable.

The talent is there
. Last season it was as if the air got sucked out of every player. Talent is nothing without a belief that you can succeed. I think this coaching staff has brought that belief back.

With that in mind and everyone touting our mediocrity, I think we might just steal a couple of games.

I've seen AU do more with less.

Can't agree at all on either count.  Hope I'm way wrong. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2013, 11:31:07 AM »
Disappointment hell. My expectations are an 8-4 regular season with a win over either UGAy or updyke U. 7-5 and I won't be disappointed as long as we beat either UGAy or updyke U. Losing to those 2 fag schools has gotta stop. I know the suckage was grand last year but this is a team of highly recruited upperclassmen that should feel like they have something to prove this year. And that point is that they aren't the bunch of quitting pussies we saw last year. My hope expectations is that Gus has can get these guys to play with a chip on their shoulders and play with the same intensity we saw against the Corndogs every week. Do that for 12 games, Auburn will win 8 or more. Its all about attitude and work ethic.

I agree that normally we should expect 8 at minimum. But this season isn't normal circumstance. The SEC is pretty sick. And Gus has quite a rebuilding job ahead of him. This year I do expect 6, maybe 7. Anything more is icing. NEXT year, yes, we should expect more. We have to get back in that groove of Being a solid fundamental fb team first. We are not that team yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2013, 12:24:23 PM »
I'm not going to lie...I will be disappointed with only 6 wins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2013, 12:31:14 PM »
I likes your style. You are beginning to make me actually believe. I've been saying 8 is possible but admittedly, I think 6 is more realistic. I'm pleased with 7 or more. If we find a QB, 8 is possible. Our D can't be worser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 12:35:58 PM »
I'm not going to lie...I will be disappointed with only 6 wins.
I'm not gonna lie I expect less then that.

...but then again I also figured today was a good day to stop sniffing glue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »
I'm not gonna lie I expect less then that.

...but then again I also figured today was a good day to stop sniffing glue.
Oh yeah? Well, I tell you what. Put your money where your mouth is. Do you think we won't win 3 of the last 4? How'd you like to bet on that? Huh?

This airplane glue is great stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 01:47:05 PM »

Problem is that for the last two years we had neither and you don't get it back in one year.

But I hope your right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

JR4AU

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2013, 06:09:02 PM »

If we had the talent, that would be true.  We don't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions