Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Oklahoma nailed with F4 or F5

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Oklahoma nailed with F4 or F5
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2013, 07:37:37 PM »
I make a terrible God.

I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-shirt. 'Cause it says like, I wanna be formal but I’m here to party too. I like to party, so I like my Jesus to party.

And I like my God to hang brain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Ogre

« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2013, 08:27:47 PM »
And I like my God to hang brain.

That was definitely my super power. It was mesmorizing!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2013, 06:41:50 AM »
That was definitely my super power. It was mesmorizing!

It was so veiney!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2013, 08:49:42 AM »
So you're resting in the notion that because bad things happen that there is no God?  The bottom line is we live in a broken creation.  Do I believe that God sent that tornado to Oklahoma?  Not at all.  Could he have prevented it from happening?  Yes he could.  Why didn't he?  I have no idea.  Just like I have no idea why he didn't prevent the tornado outbreak that hit Alabama in 2011, or that tsunami that killed 250k people in 2004, or why he didn't prevent my dad from getting cancer. 

Bad things happen and will continue to happen until the return of Christ.  It's not up to me to know why.  What events like this do for me is remind me that I am not promised tomorrow.  I mean, none of those people who were killed woke up and thought to themselves "Well, this could be it."  It goes to show how fragile life really is.

Ok, let me ask another question, as children we are taken to church and we learn about religion. Let take a young boy in the deep woods of (any country of your choice) deep woods, no other human contact other than the locals. They have never learned nor have been taught about any kind of higher power, any kind of religion. So he knows of no god, doesn’t ever get baptized, leads his life and dies.

Does he go to heaven?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Ogre

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2013, 09:05:14 AM »
Ok, let me ask another question, as children we are taken to church and we learn about religion. Let take a young boy in the deep woods of (any country of your choice) deep woods, no other human contact other than the locals. They have never learned nor have been taught about any kind of higher power, any kind of religion. So he knows of no god, doesn’t ever get baptized, leads his life and dies.

Does he go to heaven?   

Honestly, I have no clue.  I don't think anyone truly knows. 

There are tons of questions that I have similar to that one.  I just have to accept the fact that I won't know the answer to them all in this life, and maybe not even in the next one. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2013, 10:17:19 AM »

There are tons of questions that I have similar to that one.  I just have to accept the fact that I won't know the answer to them all in this life, and maybe not even in the next one.

The bible says that they can look around them and know that HE created all. I have no idea how that translates, but all sentient beings have the ability to know.

Then again he says he will not come again until all have heard. So, I have no idea how deep the depths of his mercy reach.

If we had all the proof in the world in front of us daily, the sinful nature of man would still cause many to deny it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2013, 12:34:44 PM »
It's all fun and games till the Jesus freak gets involved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2013, 12:44:02 PM »

You got questions? We got answers - Science.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2013, 12:50:20 PM »
The bible says that they can look around them and know that HE created all. I have no idea how that translates, but all sentient beings have the ability to know.

Then again he says he will not come again until all have heard. So, I have no idea how deep the depths of his mercy reach.

If we had all the proof in the world in front of us daily, the sinful nature of man would still cause many to deny it.

How many gods are there?

Christian
Buddha
All-ah (or whatever)

Why so many when the bible teaches us that it is only god?   How did the other folks come up with their own god (s)?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2013, 12:54:56 PM »

How many gods are there?

Christian
Buddha
All-ah (or whatever)

Why so many when the bible teaches us that it is only god?   How did the other folks come up with their own god (s)?

Our God can kick all the other gods' asses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2013, 12:57:43 PM »

Can ours make fun of Prophet mommand?   

Cause you know who would get pissed?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2013, 01:38:14 PM »

Our God is bigger,
Stronger,
Smarter,
And much wealthier.
So wave those flags with pride...
Especially the white part.

- Sage Francis, "Makeshift Patriot"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2013, 01:48:30 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2013, 01:48:32 PM »
"My God is bigger than the boogie man!" - Bob the Tomato
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2013, 04:21:21 PM »

If anyone on this board is going to claim to have scientific evidence on his side it is definitely not you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2013, 04:48:27 PM »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 04:51:55 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2013, 04:55:21 PM »
If anyone on this board is going to claim to have scientific evidence on his side it is definitely not you.
How would you know that BF isn't a PhD in biochemistry, microbiology or something--and only masquerading as...well, bottomfeeder.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2013, 05:12:23 PM »
How would you know that BF isn't a PhD in biochemistry, microbiology or something--and only masquerading as...well, bottomfeeder.

Nice try. My cousin is a Phd and has written many books. I'm just, well, a bottomfeeder.

I'm just a bacon fiend.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:19:01 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2013, 05:24:21 PM »

To me it takes more faith to believe that everything came from nothing than it does to believe that there is a Creator.  But that's just me.  To each their own.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2013, 06:56:46 PM »
To me it takes more faith to believe that everything came from nothing than it does to believe that there is a Creator.  But that's just me.  To each their own.

Depends on the scientific theory...some just presume that all matter and energy in the universe has always existed.  Sort of like those who are religious believe that God has always existed.

Either way, one is putting their faith into something that the human mind can't concretely grasp or definitively prove.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin