Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The End of Dexter

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The End of Dexter
« on: September 23, 2013, 01:05:03 AM »
I used to love Dexter.  Then they killed Rita and the show slid quickly downhill. 

I stuck with it to the very end even though the last two seasons were awkwardly, cringingly, disappointingly bad. 

This last season was the absolute dredging worst.  It went completely away from what made Dexter great and mired itself down in stupid storylines, wasted tangents, silly soap opera and hanging threads. 

Deborah shoots a guy in the face, it's an unsolved homicide and then just forgotten like the writers from episode six didn't bother to read episodes 1-5?  That was just one of the thousands of head-shaking moments from this flop season.

It was just terrible and I kept holding out hope for one more good Dexter episode to send off what was once a terrific hour of television. 

My wait was in vain. 

Goodbye Dexter.  I'm going to forget the last three seasons even existed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: The End of Dexter
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 01:55:26 AM »
Best line I've seen in a review:

Most viewers missed the final scene because they were busy throwing *&#^ at the screen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 10:56:12 AM »
I just watched this last night....fucking terrible. I have hated this entire season also...what was the point of the Asian guy getting a daughter? She was utterly pointless.  :bs:Killing Debra off? seriously? I would rather have seen the kid get it. And speaking of the kid...he's better off without you (even though you are the only parent he has ever known) because you are a serial killer, but you leave him with another serial killer? wtf?
Dexter lasted 8 seasons because we fell in love with a serial killer....so why in the FUCK would we want to see him old and miserable in the end?

Bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 11:06:28 AM »
I just watched this last night....fudgeing terrible. I have hated this entire season also...what was the point of the Asian guy getting a daughter? She was utterly pointless.  :bs:Killing Debra off? seriously? I would rather have seen the kid get it. And speaking of the kid...he's better off without you (even though you are the only parent he has ever known) because you are a serial killer, but you leave him with another serial killer? wtf?
Dexter lasted 8 seasons because we fell in love with a serial killer....so why in the fudge would we want to see him old and miserable in the end?

Bullshoot.

Honestly?  That entire arc was put in there for the tit scene.  That was the only reason.  To get Mazuka to react to his daughter's boobs.  It had no bearing on what there was of the main story at all. 

Same with Jamie and Quinn.  Tit scene out of it. 

Writers were so stupid they had to figure out ways to insert boobs or nobody would watch.  They thought.

Tangent threads that were left dangling:

> Parents raising hell about Kyle disappearing. 
> The black girl who was going to make detective and disappeared
> Asian sperm daughter
> Dead ranger
> Dosed up PI
> Deb murders a guy in his car.  Then everybody forgets about it.
> Hannah McKay has never heard of hair dye or a hat.
> Astor, Cody and Rita's parents. Other than Rave Astor (which temporarily brought back a Dexter I liked) a season or two ago, they just vanished from the earth. Weren't they serial killers in training?

I could go on, but it's not worth it. Dexter was a very good show until it strayed.  It jumped many sharks with the Trinity season and never got back in the water.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 11:42:39 AM »
Terrible way to end a terrible season.  Why didn't he just die?  Why did he have to be alive and working at a shitty lumber yard, while his kid is with some psycho bitch in South America?

At least Homeland starts this Sunday. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 11:46:51 AM »
Terrible way to end a terrible season.  Why didn't he just die?  Why did he have to be alive and working at a shitty lumber yard, while his kid is with some psycho bitch in South America?

Damnit. I have not seen it yet!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 12:25:44 PM »
Terrible way to end a terrible season. Why didn't he just die?  Why did he have to be alive and working at a shitty lumber yard, while his kid is with some psycho bitch in South America?

And how the fuck did he live?  Driving into a shit storm and bam he lives in the great northwest. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Token

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 02:01:26 PM »
Damnit. I have not seen it yet!

I'm about to post a thread entitled, "Your wife has massive orgasm"....if you'd like for me to show you how that ends too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 02:15:45 PM »
I'm about to post a thread entitled, "Your wife has massive orgasm"....if you'd like for me to show you how that ends too.

He hasn't seen that one either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 03:11:22 PM »
He hasn't seen that one either.

Damnit people. Leave me alone!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 03:50:15 PM »
It was a funny show and all but come on. CN had far better ones than Dexter.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »
I never saw Dexter but sounds like it was cancelled just like Webster was, only it doesn't bother me nearly as much. I still miss Webster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com