Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

THis is an extremely sad indictment of our country.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
THis is an extremely sad indictment of our country.
« on: May 20, 2013, 11:34:31 AM »
With all of the underhandedness that this administration has undertaken recently, we still have this:

Obama Approval Rating Holding Steady
WASHINGTON, DC — President Barack Obama comes out of what was arguably the worst week of his presidency with his approval rating holding steady, according to a new national poll.

But a CNN/ORC International survey released Sunday morning also indicates that congressional Republicans are not overplaying their hand when it comes to their reaction to the three controversies that have consumed the nation’s capital over the past week and a half. And the poll finds that a majority of Americans take all three issues seriously.

According to the survey, which was conducted Friday and Saturday, 53% of Americans say they approve of the job the president is doing, with 45% saying they disapprove. The president’s approval rating was at 51% in CNN’s last poll, which was conducted in early April.

“That two-point difference is well within the poll’s sampling error, so it is a mistake to characterize it as a gain for the president,” says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. “Nonetheless, an approval rating that has not dropped and remains over 50% will probably be taken as good news by Democrats after the events of the last week.”

The CNN poll is in-line with Gallup, which also indicated a very slight rise in Obama’s approval rating over the same time period. And Gallup’s daily tracking poll also indicated a slight upward movement of Obama’s approval rating over the past week. But as with the CNN poll, it was within that survey’s sampling error.

More than seven in 10 in the CNN poll say that the targeting by the Internal Revenue Service of tea party and other conservative groups that were applying for tax exempt status was unacceptable. While the White House and both parties in Congress are criticizing the IRS actions, congressional Republicans are depicting the controversy as a case of the federal government gone wild.

But more than six in 10 say that the president’s statements about the IRS scandal are completely or mostly true, with 35% not agreeing with Obama’s characterizations. And 55% say that IRS acted on its own, with 37% saying that White House ordered the IRS to target tea party and other conservative groups.

Only 42% of the public is satisfied with how the Obama administration has handled the September attack in Benghazi, Libya, which left the U.S ambassador to that country and three other Americans dead. Fifty-three percent say they are dissatisfied. But those numbers are virtually unchanged from November.

Republicans have ripped the administration for not providing adequate security for the Benghazi mission, botching the response to it, and misleading the public for political gain with the attack coming less than two months before last November’s presidential election.

According to the poll, 44% say statements made by the Obama administration soon after the attack were an attempt to intentionally mislead the public. Half of those questioned say those statements reflected what the Obama administration believed, at the time, had occurred.

But 59% now say that the U.S government could have prevented the attack in Benghazi, up 11 points from last November. And only 37% say that congressional Republicans are overreacting in their handling of the matter, with 59% saying they’ve reacted appropriately.

It’s the same story on the IRS controversy, with 54% saying the GOP in Congress has not overplayed its hand.

The White House has also been criticized by Congress for the Justice Department’s secret collection of phone records from the Associated Press as part of a government investigation into classified leaks. According to the poll, 52% say the Justice Department’s actions were unacceptable, with 43% saying they disagree.

Americans appear to be taking all three controversies very seriously, with 55% saying the IRS and Benghazi matters are very important to the nation and 53% saying the same thing about the AP case.

“More Republicans than Democrats or Independents say these three issues are very important to the nation, but even among Democrats, nearly half say the matters are very serious,” Holland adds.

Are Americans’ trust in the government shaken?

Only 43% say they have a great deal or some confidence in the people who run the federal government. But 56% say they have a great deal or some confidence in the system of government.

The CNN poll was conducted by ORC International between May 17-18, with 923 adults nationwide questioned by telephone. The survey’s sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.

http://fox2now.com/2013/05/20/obama-approval-rating-holding-steady/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: THis is an extremely sad indictment of our country.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 11:38:22 AM »
They must have just polled Chicago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 11:45:40 AM »
Well, it was a CNN poll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 01:09:10 PM »
Well, it was a CNN poll.
Oh, I believe it. We are surrounded by idiots who believe he's the best thing this country has ever had. Historically, political correctness will prob bolster support for this idea for several generations.

He'll be immortalized like JFK and MLK. But if they look at the facts and his accomplishments, I believe it will tell a much different story. He can't hold a candle to those two or any other president that we've had since JFK.  Imo, he is ineffective as a leader because he's too agenda driven to be able to lead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 01:14:30 PM »
Oh, I believe it. We are surrounded by idiots who believe he's the best thing this country has ever had. Historically, political correctness will prob bolster support for this idea for several generations.

He'll be immortalized like JFK and MLK. But if they look at the facts and his accomplishments, I believe it will tell a much different story. He can't hold a candle to those two or any other president that we've had since JFK.  Imo, he is ineffective as a leader because he's too agenda driven to be able to lead.

His agenda or Billary's agenda?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 01:39:18 PM »

There are those folks who are going to support him strictly based on his color; there are those who are going to support him based on his ideals and then there are those who support him because they think it’s cool and there are those who support him because they think the Govt should take care of us all. All of them outnumber those of us who think we our responsible for ourselves. 

Yea, I used the word color-If you support (or not support) someone soley based on the color of their skin then your part of the problem.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 02:33:15 PM »
There are those folks who are going to support him strictly based on his color; there are those who are going to support him based on his ideals and then there are those who support him because they think it’s cool and there are those who support him because they think the Govt should take care of us all. All of them outnumber those of us who think we our responsible for ourselves. 

Yea, I used the word color-If you support (or not support) someone soley based on the color of their skin then your part of the problem.   

He's like a modern day Hitler to Jewish ruler with respect to the African_American community. Those folks are blind and cannot see the err of their ways. They will soon enough.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/05/20/if-your-doctor-asks-you-about-guns-do-you-have-answer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 10:13:18 PM »

There's a lot of overlap in your groups...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 12:09:31 PM »
There's a lot of overlap in your groups...

Overlapers are part of the problem too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions