Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Alabama Senate passes bill to drug test welfare recipients

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Alabama Senate passes bill to drug test welfare recipients
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 03:51:18 PM »
Sounds great but there is no way that we can meet demand. I think that's primarily the reason for NAFTA and GAAT (which is a joke) in the first place. Well, that and a way to neuter the unions but it's difficult, imo, for American companies that make low margin product to pay the American worker (or even find enough willing to work) what they would demand in order to produce these products. Most would rather live off of the gov't rather than take a low wage job and I might add that I damn sure don't blame them. I used to blame them but not anymore. It's a smart business decision. That's what the incentive to do is. Milk the tit.

Joe Bob down the street has seemed to live well off of unemployment/ss disability/welfare and he goes fishing every day, so hell, so will I.

We seem to be damned if we do or don't. And that goes for small businesses as well. The influx of gov't intrusion and control deters business in a major way.

Not as much as trial lawyer but close.

I see your argument there and I might add......wait...what the?  Why you sonofa...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 04:27:25 PM »

...and he goes fishing every day, so hell, so will I.

So WTH you got against fishing? You PETA pecker!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 04:39:21 PM »
So WTH you got against fishing? You PETA pecker!
Fish have feelings too, ya know. So, here's the catch. I was a Reagan supporter and proud libertarian (I guess) but there's this babe in one of my classes who was a big PETA supporter that invited me to a "environmental" meeting.

Her tits were as big as your head and she had the most luptious lips outside of a camel that I'd ever seen.

I went to a Greenpeace meeting. It was a pm in the Haley center. I did not get laid and did not go back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 05:06:27 PM »
Picture says it all. Idiots politicians and their ilk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 06:45:53 PM »
As it stands, it sets the table for future laws with more teeth. Or maybe it will get scrapped. But at least this says the welfare subject is getting attention. But until you actually start dropping people from the rolls, nothing will help. Its a game that worth the gamble for many of them.

I can't say that I agree with this line of thinking.

Why do we need to set the table for an acceptable law in the future with an unacceptable law now?  Why not just attempt to pass a more logical and effective law now, instead of an illogical and ineffective law?

It would be like saying the lock on my front door is broken, but instead of fixing it, I'm going to duct tape the door shut.  It won't keep anyone out, but at least I'm giving my broken door some attention and maybe the tape will remind me to actually fix it some time in the future.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 11:36:35 PM »
Wow.

Rorschach was on to something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.