Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lil Dicky

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Lil Dicky
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2017, 06:18:56 PM »
The song in itself is lyrical genius.  The fact that he could make a video to go perfectly with the lyrics is unbelievable.  Their facial expressions are damn near flawless with the lyrics to the song.  "ho I'm like 5'11" (on tinder I'm 6'0")"  Perfect. 

I don't understand how anyone couldn't appreciate how much talent it took to even write the song, not including the video.

I have already watched the fucker like 6-7 times. We go hard on earth.

Have you caught the parts where him and brain knuckle or high five?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 06:23:25 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2017, 09:53:04 AM »
I tried. But I have to leave the appreciation to you young hippity hoppers.

Stay off my lawn.

This is where I land. 

I don't see genius, I don't see brilliance.  Honestly, I can't watch much of it at all.  It's that gratingly awful to me.  A minute or so and I'm done. I tried two or three of the different video things.  It just doesn't connect with me. 

Maybe I'm too old.  Just seems crude and pointless.  I'd rather watch a Backstreet Boys marathon than this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2017, 10:00:02 AM »
If you didn't laugh at "That bitch don't know 'bout pangea"...I can't help you...

I rolled that back several times.   :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2017, 12:10:45 PM »
This is where I land. 

I don't see genius, I don't see brilliance.  Honestly, I can't watch much of it at all.  It's that gratingly awful to me.  A minute or so and I'm done. I tried two or three of the different video things.  It just doesn't connect with me. 

Maybe I'm too old.  Just seems crude and pointless.  I'd rather watch a Backstreet Boys marathon than this.
Agreed.

I'm not saying that it's not genius. The eye of the beholder and all. It's just not to me. I don't connect with it. To each his own. I'm not going to pretend and praise something I hate.

There are plenty of morons on here who don't appreciate Bob Dylan, Hank Williams, etc. I do. We are all different, thank God, because most on here have very little class or culture.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2017, 12:18:16 PM »
Agreed.

I'm not saying that it's not genius. The eye of the beholder and all. It's just not to me. I don't connect with it. To each his own. I'm not going to pretend and praise something I hate.

There are plenty of morons on here who don't appreciate Bob Dylan, Hank Williams, etc. I do. We are all different, thank God, because most on here have very little class or culture.

You should do more research.  Wait, wrong forum.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2017, 01:24:13 PM »
Agreed.

Yes but their is a difference between liking something and appreciating it.  I don't particularly care for opera, but I can appreciate it and see the beauty of it, and the talent it takes. 

Kaos's response was That's just terrible.  Which he is entitled to his opinion of course.  I was merely getting at the fact that based on the talent that guy has to make that song out a stupid conversation, his rhyming patterns and change in tempo are all extremely difficult things to do. That you could at least appreciate the art of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2017, 02:14:41 PM »
Yes but their is a difference between liking something and appreciating it.  I don't particularly care for opera, but I can appreciate it and see the beauty of it, and the talent it takes. 

Kaos's response was That's just terrible.  Which he is entitled to his opinion of course.  I was merely getting at the fact that based on the talent that guy has to make that song out a stupid conversation, his rhyming patterns and change in tempo are all extremely difficult things to do. That you could at least appreciate the art of it.

Honestly, Pillow Talk was the only video I clicked on out of all those posted.  I saw the responses and said let me see what the hullabaloo, that's right, I said Hullabaloo, was all about.

I think that^^^ is spot on.  It was unique and just plain funny as hell. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2017, 02:24:01 PM »
Honestly, Pillow Talk was the only video I clicked on out of all those posted.  I saw the responses and said let me see what the hullabaloo, that's right, I said Hullabaloo, was all about.

I think that^^^ is spot on.  It was unique and just plain funny as hell.
If you liked that aspect of it, watch Lemme Freak. Similar concept executed well.

And if you like that watch him doing that in animation form in Professional Rapper.

And many would say "Save Dat Money" was his break-out hit. Filmed for ZERO DOLLARS. Production actually NETTED $600 after the ads he put in it completely in context of the joke. THAT is art. THAT is impressive.

If you liked that, you should go down a rabbit hole and watch all of his videos as you can because every one of them are hilarious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2017, 02:32:41 PM »
If you liked that aspect of it, watch Lemme Freak. Similar concept executed well.

And if you like that watch him doing that in animation form in Professional Rapper.

And many would say "Save Dat Money" was his break-out hit. Filmed for ZERO DOLLARS. Production actually NETTED $600 after the ads he put in it completely in context of the joke. THAT is art. THAT is impressive.

If you liked that, you should go down a rabbit hole and watch all of his videos as you can because every one of them are hilarious.

Yeah.  I tried all these. 

No. 

No aspersions cast on those who enjoy.  Just not my teacup. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2017, 02:41:44 PM »
No aspersions cast on those who enjoy.  Just not my teacup.

Didn't take it that way.

Just surprised because you usually like things that sway from the norm, and yes he does stupid "crude" humor. And Lil D is far from the norm you can get.  Just thought you would get a kick out of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2017, 02:53:55 PM »

I don't think we need anyone telling us "THAT" is art or "IMPRESSIVE". Just because you're gay doesn't mean you get to decide what is art.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2017, 02:58:04 PM »
I realized I never posted this one in here. Less silly and crude than the others and actually kind of sad.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2017, 05:05:22 PM »

Video aside, the Hannibul interlude on the album blasting rappers for not having a fresh take on having money before the song was perfect.  Considering "save dat money" was absolutely a fresh take on money in the rap world. 

The entire album is artistic genius.  I understand that some people don't like rap, doesn't change the fact that it's artistic and it doesn't take anything away from it. 

Personally, I'm not a music snob.  I like everything from Conway Twitty to G-eazy.  I'm thankful that I can enjoy such a wide genre of music.  I feel sad for those of you who can't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2017, 05:07:23 PM »
I have noticed this video has not been posted yet.  Enjoy.

Didn't want to repost this, but another classic that I wish had been on the first album.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2017, 05:10:08 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2017, 05:18:13 PM »
In keeping with digging up old gold, and impressive in the realm of "How did he make a song out of that?"

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2017, 05:19:16 PM »
I realized I never posted this one in here. Less silly and crude than the others and actually kind of sad.

One of my favorites...really damn good...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2017, 05:31:35 PM »
I'm hoping he makes a video for "Work (paid for that?)".  Also, if you haven't heard his album, Truman is another great song. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2017, 06:24:28 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2017, 08:59:19 PM »
Video aside, the Hannibul interlude on the album blasting rappers for not having a fresh take on having money before the song was perfect.  Considering "save dat money" was absolutely a fresh take on money in the rap world. 

The entire album is artistic genius.  I understand that some people don't like rap, doesn't change the fact that it's artistic and it doesn't take anything away from it. 

Personally, I'm not a music snob.  I like everything from Conway Twitty to G-eazy.  I'm thankful that I can enjoy such a wide genre of music.  I feel sad for those of you who can't.

Whutchu talkin' bout?  Thank you. So glad to hear someone say it. 

Now, there's several of you out there....you know who I'm talking to.  Take note and stop spending so much time trying to convince everyone that the style you like is so much better than another.  It's all about taste and personal preference and just because you like one style, doesn't mean what somebody else likes is crap. When I'm alone in my F-150 and singing along (Quite well, I might add) to something I enjoy, I don't give one fricking gawt damn what you think or like.  Music is personal. 

And personally, I'll cut a bitch over it.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions