Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I'm Fuuuullll.....

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
I'm Fuuuullll.....
« on: April 22, 2013, 03:05:01 PM »
Started back on the diet today after a weekend of eating/drinking debauchery.  Was at Sandestin for the weekend at the Wine Festival.  I rarely eat like this but dizzam, I had 4-5 meals that I could have stopped after each one and said, "I'm good". 

Friday, after blowing the froth off a few Sweetwater IPA drafts (salty) with Wes, we loaded up and went to Seaside to a restaurant called Great Southern. For those familiar with that area, this restaurant (Location) used to be Shades, which moved out to 98 and 30A.  They have a dish called Grits A Ya Ya, which usually includes spiced shrimp, but Friday night, they were topping it with blackened grouper.  Oh...my....gawd.

Saturday night was spent stuffing my pie hole at The Crab Trap.  Not my first choice but I wasn't driving and was overruled.  Cobia topped with crab meat.  New potatoes and cole slaw.  I was pleasantly surprised.  It may have been the unnecessary amounts of alcohol I had been consuming all day that made the food so good, but I think it really was just that damn good. 

Both Saturday and Sunday mornings found my fat ass plopped down in "Another Broken Egg."  I'm not sure if this is a franchise or not.  Probably is.  I had eaten there once a couple of years ago and swore it off because you get about 6 pounds of off-the-charts good breakfast food.  Then, you roll yourself out of there asking why you would put yourself through something like that?  Sunday, we just had to go back so I decided to take it easy.  Just ordered 2 scrambled eggs, turkey sausage and an English Muffin.  I guarantee I got 7 scrambled eggs, 6 sausage links, a pound of potatoes and 2 muffins the size of a large Frisbee.  Snagette got a pancake.  ONE freakin' pancake.  It was bigger than the plate they brought it out on and twice as heavy.  She couldn't eat it all so I had to help her.  God I love/hate that place.

I was all Adam Richman, Man vs. Food this weekend.  Thank the Lord I started that diet today.  I'm still full.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: I'm Fuuuullll.....
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 03:10:50 PM »
I like this idea.  We have a diet thread.  Might as well have a fat guy thread too.

Today, after deciding to not go to work, I went to Saws in Homewood.  I got a 1/2 chicken with white sauce, turnip greens, mac and cheese and baked beans.

Then swung on over to Savages bakery and ordered a dozen different cookies to bring home.  Told my wife I bought half a dozen. 

Yes, I feel gross right now.  Deliciously gross. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 03:31:55 PM »
We wound up at Another Broken Egg after trying "The Donut Hole" on 98 outside Destin.  Wes claims the other one in Destin has the world's greatest Key Lime Pie.  Must try this summer.

I've eaten at this Donut Hole once before too and the portions were spilling off the plate.  When they set the plate down....and you can't see plate....you know you're in trouble.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 04:14:02 PM »
San Antonio this weekend-Damn a lot of Hispanics (my wife included)

Best authentic Mexican food anywhere, the people on the flight last night on Southwest paid a heavy price for my indulgence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 04:29:27 PM »
  Sweetwater IPA drafts (salty)

Heathen.

"Another Broken Egg."  I'm not sure if this is a franchise or not.  Probably is.

I know of locations in: Sandestin (x2); Destin and Mountain Brook.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 04:38:51 PM »
Heathen.

We ate at both locations in Sandestin.  The one in the Conference Center was right beside the hotel we were at. 

And yes, that little blonde waitress was smoking hawt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 04:59:08 PM »
And yes, that little blonde waitress was smoking hawt.

Pics or I'm calling bullshit
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 06:26:05 PM »
yo snags, The Crab Shack ...is it affilated with the one on St. Simons Island?

...any wineries representin' from teh beaver?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 08:28:42 PM »
yo snags, The Crab Shack ...is it affilated with the one on St. Simons Island?

Not addressed to me, but NO, this shithole is not associated with any other restaurant (in a franchise sense...it is associated with similarly awful restaurants in the panhandle).  It is a boil on the culinary ass of Destin and should be lanced post-haste.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 08:52:25 PM »
Started back on the diet today after a weekend of eating/drinking debauchery.  Was at Sandestin for the weekend at the Wine Festival.  I rarely eat like this but dizzam, I had 4-5 meals that I could have stopped after each one and said, "I'm good". 

Friday, after blowing the froth off a few Sweetwater IPA drafts (salty) with Wes, we loaded up and went to Seaside to a restaurant called Great Southern. For those familiar with that area, this restaurant (Location) used to be Shades, which moved out to 98 and 30A.  They have a dish called Grits A Ya Ya, which usually includes spiced shrimp, but Friday night, they were topping it with blackened grouper.  Oh...my....gawd.

Saturday night was spent stuffing my pie hole at The Crab Trap.  Not my first choice but I wasn't driving and was overruled.  Cobia topped with crab meat.  New potatoes and cole slaw.  I was pleasantly surprised.  It may have been the unnecessary amounts of alcohol I had been consuming all day that made the food so good, but I think it really was just that damn good. 

Both Saturday and Sunday mornings found my fat ass plopped down in "Another Broken Egg."  I'm not sure if this is a franchise or not.  Probably is.  I had eaten there once a couple of years ago and swore it off because you get about 6 pounds of off-the-charts good breakfast food.  Then, you roll yourself out of there asking why you would put yourself through something like that?  Sunday, we just had to go back so I decided to take it easy.  Just ordered 2 scrambled eggs, turkey sausage and an English Muffin.  I guarantee I got 7 scrambled eggs, 6 sausage links, a pound of potatoes and 2 muffins the size of a large Frisbee.  Snagette got a pancake.  ONE freakin' pancake.  It was bigger than the plate they brought it out on and twice as heavy.  She couldn't eat it all so I had to help her.  God I love/hate that place.

I was all Adam Richman, Man vs. Food this weekend.  Thank the Lord I started that diet today.  I'm still full.

Where are these restaurants? I must patronize them and soon. OMG!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 09:01:45 AM »
Heathen.

Add in Huntsville
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 11:04:27 AM »
Not addressed to me, but NO, this shithole is not associated with any other restaurant (in a franchise sense...it is associated with similarly awful restaurants in the panhandle).  It is a boil on the culinary ass of Destin and should be lanced post-haste.

Like I said, it wasn't my choice and I wasn't driving...didn't need to be.  I have to admit though, my meal was damn good.  Probably just the alcohol talking.  Quick take though about service.  There are two sides to the restaurant.  When we were all seated, the very first thing we all noticed was it freezing in there.  The temps were dropping into the 40's that night and they had no heat on and the fans going.  Our little waitress comes over and we asked her if some heat would be possible.  She just said, "Really?  I've been running around so I don't notice it.  What can I get you to drink?" 

One person asked her about a particular dish and she just flatly said, "I don't like it."  Walked off.....returned 10 minutes later with our drinks.  By then, it was obvious it was so cold in there, no one was going to be able to enjoy the meal.  We asked her if she had checked into the heat situation and she just said, "I said something to the manager but he ain't heard me." At that, one person got up and returned a minute later with another waiter who took us to the other side of the restaurant, where it was perfectly fine and the guy went out of his way to take care of us. 

I've got a good buddy who's been running restaurants all his life and that would have been her one and only chance to stay employed at that particular place.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 11:40:34 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 11:50:36 AM »
I've got a good buddy who's been running restaurants all his life and that would have been her one and only chance to stay employed at that particular place.   

No redemption BJ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin