Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Scarbinsky Piling On...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Scarbinsky Piling On...
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 09:11:23 AM »
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.
Agree. I feel like the opposite is true. He speaks the truth, and occasionally will throw in some bullshit like trying to stir controversy with Gene Chizik saying "damn" in "War Damn Eagle" so that bammers don't lynch him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 11:01:32 AM »
The more the masses of reporters/media publish their never-ending drivel ($1 to Kaos), the more I respect and enjoy Scarbinsky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 11:18:03 AM »
Not going to sit here and tell you I read his work on a daily basis.  In fact, most of what I see from him is either posted on here or referenced on radio shows by local hosts, which they do quite often.  But, I think I've seen enough from him to know he doesn't choose sides.  I'll bet we could research and see that on this site alone, we've posted numerous articles praising him as being spot on for ripping Bama a new one about one issue or another, while calling him a flaming Bammer when doing the same to AU. 

All I want is fairness when it comes to journalists who base much of their work on opinion.  Here's the issue and here's my opinion on it.  Fine, I can agree or disagree. I'll respect that opinion a lot more if I know you aren't afraid to devote equal time to our rival.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 11:56:24 AM »
Scarbinsky is an infected mommy part. He is every bit as bad as finebaum. And just like finebaum, he will throw out the occasional feel good story so he can claim to be unbiased. If you can't see that, you aren't paying attention. Or worse.

Wow.

And totally incorrect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 12:36:52 PM »
This isn't some glowing endorsement of AU or a scathing hit piece either.  Just looks like troof.  scarcopybinskypasta on al.kum

If you thought A-Day was interesting at Auburn, with all those fans, all those good vibrations and all that bathroom tissue, you hadn’t seen anything yet.

Saturday was Ultra, Extra and Angel Soft.

The Monday after was much weightier.

Jay Jacobs continued to try to change his image from that of the unpopular AD presiding over the worst year in Auburn history to the white knight defending the school against dubious charges. His ruthlessly documented point-by-point deconstruction of allegations on Roopstigo.com would make a defense attorney proud.

Gene Chizik broke his unemployed silence and saddled up next to his old boss to ride to the defense of the school that fired him but still pays him. He displayed more passion in sitdowns with WJOX in Birmingham and with Auburn beat writers than he had in all of his interviews as head coach combined.

And Jay Gogue? How did he contribute to all the “we’re not gonna take it; no, we ain’t gonna take it” sound and fury?

He put together a committee.

That’s so Gogue.

If he were a football coach, he’d poll the assistants on what play to call on third-and-goal.

At least the Auburn president kept his eye on the ball, even if it was from a distance.

The largest spring-game crowd in the country and in school history, the equestrian national championship, the final rolling of Toomer’s Corner and the aggressive, effective rebuttals to a website’s would-be “expose” shouldn’t obscure the overall state of the athletics department.

The football team did go 3-9 overall and 0-8 in the SEC, the school’s worst season in six decades, which led to an expensive coaching change. The basketball team did go 9-23 overall and 3-15 in the SEC, the most losses in school history. The baseball team is 24-16 overall but 6-12 in SEC play, which is last in the West and 11th overall.

The performance of the department as a whole falls at the feet of Jacobs, and the future of the AD lies in the hands of Gogue.

Some trustees wanted the president to send Jacobs packing along with Chizik after the 49-0 debacle in the Iron Bowl, but Gogue would meet them only halfway. So why ask a group of six people for a second opinion now?

Interesting that Jacobs would be the one to announce the formation of the committee Monday in his latest letter to the Auburn family. The news almost got lost, stuck in between the strong “Selena Roberts was wrong” opening statement and the feel-good “A-Day to remember” closing.

The statement says this committee has been charged with undertaking a “top-to-bottom review” of the athletics department, and one of the five areas it’s supposed to examine is “the department’s management structure, including the effectiveness of its leadership.”

Who’s the leader of the athletics department? Jacobs. Has he been an effective leader? There are strong opinions among Auburn people on both sides of that question. He’s certainly been more assertive and aggressive of late, and that’s not by accident.

It appears Auburn has undertaken a concerted effort to change Jacobs’ image, which has taken a serious hit among the fan base as the losses in the major sports have mounted this academic year. It helps that the focus of the fans has shifted from debating internal issues to confronting external accusers.

In that sense, Roberts may be the best thing to happen to Jacobs.

It’s too early to tell if Gogue’s committee will be more independent-minded than the committee that assisted Jacobs in bringing back Gus Malzahn as the safest possible hire as head football coach. There is one common thread. Mac Crawford, fresh off his work on the coaching search committee, will be part of the athletics department review committee, too.

Gogue also tapped an old friend in Dave Maggard, who was the AD at Houston when Gogue served as president there.

As important as it’s been for Jacobs and Chizik to speak up and not let questionable allegations go unquestioned, it’s just as important that Auburn athletics take a hard look at the way it goes about its business.

Otherwise, the Tigers risk falling farther behind their rivals in the state, the division and the conference.

Remember, some of the same people cheering the current AD and the former coach now were jeering them last fall, calling for a regime change rather than a coaching change.

Gogue wouldn’t clean house then. It’s hard to imagine this committee would suggest he go that far now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 01:11:40 PM »
If Gouge doesn't make a change, he best watch his own ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 01:13:18 PM »
If Gouge doesn't make a change, he best watch his own ass.

How does one go about getting rid of the pres? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 01:15:16 PM »
Well see... first you have to preoccupy the Secret Service...then.....oh wait...you meant Gouge
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 01:34:28 PM »
You get rid of the BOT to get rid of the pres. Or, you stop sending $ or supporting AU.  It's not an easy fix.

I have been on the fire JJ bandwagon since last season. I have one foot off since the response to roostypoot's report. Results on the field (outside of equestrian) are needed very, very soon. If not, then well, ahh, I guess we'll do whatever Mr. Rane decides.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com