Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

And just when you thought you have heard everything

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
And just when you thought you have heard everything
« on: April 16, 2013, 04:31:07 PM »
http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/04/representative-jackson-lee-dont-condemn-the-gangbangers-its-the-guns-fault/#ixzz2QdjllzDI

Last week, Representative Sheila Jackson Lee spoke on the House floor in favor of more restrictions that prohibit law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves and their families from criminals. She pleaded with fellow lawmakers to run to the defense of the gangbangers, telling them that it’s not the criminals’ fault. It’s that we don’t have more laws restricting guns:

â€œDon’t condemn the gangbangers, they’ve got guns that are trafficked — that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don’t have sensible gun legislation. I’m going to agree with my friends on the other side of the isle. Our Republican friends, let’s enforce the gun laws that we have – - who would run away from that. That’s a sensible proposition. Put a resolution on the floor of the House – - let’s enforce gun laws that we have.”

Chicago’s murder rate is so high because they don’t have strict enough gun control, and that neighboring states don’t impose the same restrictions that Illinois does. So, don’t blame the criminals. It’s not their fault. It’s that we don’t have universal gun control. If we didn’t have any guns at all, these criminals wouldn’t be able to kill each other. Poor gangbangers. They just need more rehabilitation.

I guess she feels the same way about Adam Lanza, the person responsible for the crisis that liberal politicians wouldn’t dare let go to waste. It wasn’t his fault that he killed all those kids and teachers. It was because guns exist, and he got his hands on some of them.

As for enforcing current laws, what pro-2nd Amendment people mean by that is that most violent criminals shouldn’t be on the streets at all, and so the point about whether or not they should be allowed to purchase a firearm is moot. If there is eyewitness testimony and evidence that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone is guilty of murder or rape, that person shouldn’t be given freedom. He shouldn’t even be in a position where he is trying to buy anything, let alone a gun. That is what is meant by “enforcing current laws.” It’s definitely not an endorsement of states’ various gun control laws.

If guns are taken away, violent crime will increase, as it has in the U.K. and Australia following national, mandatory gun buy-back programs.

But at least gun crimes might decrease. For now, they don’t care about violent crimes involving other tools. Even if newborn babies are being decapitated. But I’m sure if Gosnell used an “assault rifle” to kill the babies, then the media and politicians would pretend to care.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: And just when you thought you have heard everything
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:19:13 PM »
The thug life is a rewarding way to live.  :rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions