Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Boston Marathon Explosion

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Boston Marathon Explosion
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2013, 09:32:10 AM »
This was on our local news cast last night. He said they couldn't say to the public "Do not worry, this is just a training exercise." to warn them. The BPD obviously knew there was a threat but proceeded anyway. Lawsuits anyone?
Please...STFU.

By the way, don't panic anyone! This is the headline al.com ran, and tweeted just a couple of hours into this thing.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/04/precaution_in_washington_not_a.html

Precaution in Washington not affecting Alabama football team's trip (updated)

By Don Kausler Jr.
on April 15, 2013 at 3:47 PM

The Alabama football team had left the White House on Monday afternoon before precautionary lockdown measures were taken in response to bombings in Boston, according to a team spokesman.

The Crimson Tide was honored by President Barack Obama in a 1:05 p.m. CDT ceremony on the South Lawn.

The team later moved on to National Museum of Natural History, which is administered by the Smithsonian Institution, and is scheduled to leave at approximately 4 p.m. CDT.

This was the third Washington, D.C., visit in the past four years for Alabama, which has won BCS championships at the end of the 2009, 2011 and 2012 seasons.

Update: The Crimson Tide arrived back in Tuscaloosa at approximately 7:45 p.m. CDT.

WHEW! And to think, some of us were concerned!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2013, 09:56:48 AM »
Please...STFU.

By the way, don't panic anyone! This is the headline al.com ran, and tweeted just a couple of hours into this thing.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/04/precaution_in_washington_not_a.html

WHEW! And to think, some of us were concerned!

I will not STFU. And I quoted it wrong. He said they "kept saying it was a exercise". STFU? LOL. The truth will always prevail. Another botched inside job by the FBI/CIA/Homeland insecurity. Hell, DHS is purchasing 700 lbs of Ammonium Nitrate. WTF is that for?

Actually, it was a disgruntled journalist named Selena Roberts who planted the bombs.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:00:58 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2013, 09:59:13 AM »
I will not STFU. And I quoted it wrong. He said they "kept saying it was a exercise". STFU? LOL. The truth will always prevail. Another botched inside job by the FBI/CIA/Homeland insecurity. Hell, DHS is purchasing 700 lbs of Ammonium Nitrate. WTF is that for?
Unless it doesn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2013, 10:03:12 AM »
I see someone has been reading infowars this morning bright and early.  We must never let a good crisis go to waste, be it Jones saying it was an inside job or Matthews saying that terrorist are always far right.   What a couple of assholes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2013, 10:04:47 AM »
And I'm scheduled to be in a race three times as big - the biggest in the US - on JULY 4th in Atlanta.

Seriously debating not doing it now but I'd like to hear what the peachtree road race officials plan to do for precaution and beefed up security. Sad thing is, not sure there is much they can do.  :facepalm:

I'll be there.  Fuck 'em.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2013, 10:06:10 AM »
But I just painted my pitchfork in Saudi blood.....
Just keep it near.

I am going to keep mine near as well.  Shep Smith from Fox was reporting the suspect in custody was a Saudi national.  I also have one painted in Crazy White Boy blood as well.  Can't be too prepared.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2013, 10:08:02 AM »
I see someone has been reading infowars this morning bright and early.  We must never let a good crisis go to waste, be it Jones saying it was an inside job or Matthews saying that terrorist are always far right.   What a couple of assholes.

I actually witnessed the newscast and it was Brasscheck TV that got the download. Now I have it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:10:10 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2013, 10:16:14 AM »
When I was driving home from class last night, some bammer show was on 94.5 giving highlights of Alabama's trip to the White House. The anchor said something like, "We know the events of Boston are stealing the headlines this evening, but let's not forget that there are good things in the world right now like Alabama's third trip to the White House in four years.  Here's what President Obama had to say to the team...." 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2013, 10:27:02 AM »
Due to work schedule I have not seen much coverage.

Has ESPN reported how Auburn was involved?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2013, 10:54:25 AM »
I actually witnessed the newscast and it was Brasscheck TV that got the download. Now I have it.

You.  And Alex Jones. Are both touched.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2013, 11:21:47 AM »

You can't stop the signal, Mal.  Here's hoping you also meet an Operative with a sword.  I'm pretty sure you already have a Love Bot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2013, 11:33:10 AM »
You can't stop the signal, Mal.  Here's hoping you also meet an Operative with a sword.  I'm pretty sure you already have a Love Bot.

We’re gonna need paint. We’re gonna need red paint
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2013, 11:51:53 AM »
What happens down the road when we find out the crazies were right all along?

I take the crazy and file it in back, just in case an ounce of it is true.

But never fear, the federal government in on the case. DHS has pulled the other 95% of their agents off of you and me and are now concentrating on finding the shooter behind the grassy knoll. Uh I mean the bomber.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2013, 12:42:39 PM »
Due to work schedule I have not seen much coverage.

Has ESPN reported how Auburn was involved?
They're still working on it, story to follow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2013, 12:43:59 PM »
And I'm scheduled to be in a race three times as big - the biggest in the US - on JULY 4th in Atlanta.

Seriously debating not doing it now but I'd like to hear what the peachtree road race officials plan to do for precaution and beefed up security. Sad thing is, not sure there is much they can do.  :facepalm:

ATC responds:

Our hearts are broken by the horrific events in Boston yesterday that have impacted our country and the entire running community.  The Atlanta Track Club extends its sincere condolences to the victims and families affected by this tragedy.

Safety at each of our Atlanta Track Club events is our top priority. We work very closely with the city of Atlanta's police and fire departments and emergency medical service units, as well as the Atlanta-Fulton County Emergency Management Agency (AFCEMA) and additional government agencies on all safety procedures at our events.  We are in communication with officials at each of these agencies and will continue to update you as details become available.

We are encouraged by the stories of heroism that are being reported and join our running family throughout the country in expressing our deepest sympathy to those impacted by this tragedy.

Tracey Russell

Atlanta Track Club Executive Director
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
Won’t happen but we should say from now on every time something happens against Americans or anything on American soil we will choose one of you shit hole countries and bomb your ass back to the stone age. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2013, 12:57:54 PM »
What happens down the road when we find out the crazies were right all along?

I take the crazy and file it in back, just in case an ounce of it is true.

But never fear, the federal government in on the case. DHS has pulled the other 95% of their agents off of you and me and are now concentrating on finding the shooter behind the grassy knoll. Uh I mean the bomber.

I try to do the same, but sometimes it leaks out.

http://youtu.be/CuOjLq7rLts#t=3m40s

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopular/story/UM-Coach-Bomb-Sniffing-Dogs-Spotters-on-Roofs/BrirjAzFPUKKN8z6eSDJEA.cspx
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:55:44 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2013, 02:00:29 PM »
ATC responds:

Our hearts are broken by the horrific events in Boston yesterday that have impacted our country and the entire running community.  The Atlanta Track Club extends its sincere condolences to the victims and families affected by this tragedy.

Safety at each of our Atlanta Track Club events is our top priority. We work very closely with the city of Atlanta's police and fire departments and emergency medical service units, as well as the Atlanta-Fulton County Emergency Management Agency (AFCEMA) and additional government agencies on all safety procedures at our events.  We are in communication with officials at each of these agencies and will continue to update you as details become available.

We are encouraged by the stories of heroism that are being reported and join our running family throughout the country in expressing our deepest sympathy to those impacted by this tragedy.

Tracey Russell

Atlanta Track Club Executive Director

It'll probably be as safe as its ever been now. So you will be there eh? Look a bruthah up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2013, 02:08:38 PM »
It'll probably be as safe as its ever been now. So you will be there eh? Look a bruthah up.

Wes usually finishes Top 3.  He'll have to wait on you at the finish line.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2013, 02:37:51 PM »
Let me shoot your conspiracy theory down real quick.

First tweet about the explosions - 1:57 PM CT.
https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/323872661866442753

The two tweets you're shitting your pants over 2:53 CT:
https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/323886829596205056
https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/323886879453892609

This was clearly an attempt to detonate, what was believed at the time, to be a third bomb "as part of  bomb squad activities". You think a tweet an hour later is evidence that the government orchestrated this attack? A tweet that WARNS people of a controlled explosion (standard protocol for disarming a bomb in a crisis situation like this) that clearly took place an hour (and about a billion tweets) after the initial bombing?

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions