Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Investors as landlords.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Investors as landlords.
« on: April 05, 2013, 06:01:57 PM »
I wonder what will come of this? Will REIT skyrocket in value? Will more people continue to be slaves to the bankers? I know I'm not, I'll paying cash for a home when I retire, until then it's Swiss Frances, gold (and other precious metals), hard assets and low tax burden for me.

“Investors Pile Into Housing, This Time as Landlords,” blares The Wall Street Journal headline.

Purchasing single-family residences to rent out used to be a simple mom and pop business. Investors could count on rents and prices marching in tandem at a steady 3% annual pace.

Not anymore. The big money is buying up houses left and right. Wall Street wanted in on the housing boom in the early to mid-2000s, and now it wants its share of the rebound.

Blackstone, the world’s largest private equity firm, has already bought over 20,000 units for $3.5 billion. And the company is far from done, expanding its credit line with Deutsche Bank AG to $2.1 billion from $600 million. Another big player is Tom Barrack’s Colony Capital, which has raised $2.2 billion to buy single-family homes and just recently more than doubled the size of its portfolio.

http://dailyreckoning.com/housing-market-update-the-low-hanging-fruit-is-gone/
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 06:05:33 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Investors as landlords.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 06:48:42 PM »
I wish they'd buy my house. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Investors as landlords.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 06:49:27 PM »
I wish they'd buy my house.

:rofl: I don't know quite how to take that???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions