Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2013 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The Official 2013 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2013, 04:33:08 PM »
Good for the game to have teams like Pittsburgh and Oakland being competitive.

Cards have another rookie pitcher making his MLB debut, aTm's Michael Wacha, drafted last year, and zoomed up the minors.

Rookie starters are 9-3 record and 2.33 ERA, and rookie relievers are 4-1 record, 17 holds, a 2.38 ERA and 53 strikeouts in 45 innings.

Boy, there's a real anomaly.  The Cards with strong pitching.  Who knew?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2013, 04:35:15 PM »
So yesterday, Gattis goes yard while McCann hits 2 dingers.  I know Gattis has played a little left field this year along with his early catching duties while McCann was out.  McCann has been his old self since coming back.  Swinging the bat well. But right now, BJ Upton has the lowest batting average of any player in MLB with enough at-bats. (If what I heard on the radio this morning is correct)  Either way, he's hitting .148 with 155 plate appearances.  So, here's Upton sucking it up to high heaven.  I find some way to get Gattis in the game as often as possible and simply replace Upton with Jordan Schafer.

Schafer is fast as hayull and is hitting right at .300 with far less than half the at-bats as Upton.  He's got 2 HR and 6 RBI basically from the lead off spot plus 6 stolen bases....to Upton's 3.  Gattis has 22 less plate appearances than Upton and he's leading the team in RBI.  Ideally, I teach Gattis to play 2nd base and put Schafer in for Upton and make both those clowns sit at the end of the bench until they can be traded or released.

Cf. Schaefer
Ss. Simmons
Rf. Upton
Lf. Gattis
1b. Freeman
C. McCann
3b. Johnson
2b. Uggla.

Based on what has been earned on the field, that would be the correct lineup. And Uggla is still pissing me off, but he gets a lot of walks, so I'm not as mad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2013, 04:41:45 PM »
Boy, there's a real anomaly.  The Cards with strong pitching.  Who knew?

Maybe we learned from the Braves teams of the 90s?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #203 on: May 29, 2013, 04:56:46 PM »
Cf. Schaefer
Ss. Simmons
Rf. Upton
Lf. Gattis
1b. Freeman
C. McCann
3b. Johnson
2b. Uggla.

Based on what has been earned on the field, that would be the correct lineup. And Uggla is still pissing me off, but he gets a lot of walks, so I'm not as mad.

I don't see where you can do anything else but use these guys.  I'd get Francisco his at-bats though.  He just looks like a guy that only needs a chance to play every day and he'd bust loose.  Quick check of the stats. Justin Upton leads the team with 33 walks with Uggla 2nd at 26.  BTW, Schafer has an OBP of .419 while good ole BJ is at .236.  Right now, Schafer and Gattis have to be your every day guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #204 on: May 29, 2013, 08:01:18 PM »
I don't see where you can do anything else but use these guys.  I'd get Francisco his at-bats though.  He just looks like a guy that only needs a chance to play every day and he'd bust loose.  Quick check of the stats. Justin Upton leads the team with 33 walks with Uggla 2nd at 26.  BTW, Schafer has an OBP of .419 while good ole BJ is at .236.  Right now, Schafer and Gattis have to be your every day guys.

I hate Juan fatsisco.  He swings for the fence with every at-bat, and strikes out in clutch situations everytime.  Speaking of which, Freeman on third with no outs; walk McCann, Uggla strikes out, fatsisco grounds back to the pitcher and BJ Upton strikes out. Fucking ridiculous. If I were there, I'd boo Freddi Gonzalez. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #205 on: May 29, 2013, 09:51:59 PM »
Fuck Freddi Gonzalez.  Fuck him right in his mouth.  BJ Upton starts, strikes out twice with runners on first and second to end two innings, and Schafer comes in to pinch hit and gets a single. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #206 on: May 29, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
And...fucking and.....The motherfucker goes through 5 pitchers in the game and cant find a way to get Evan Gattis a ph at-bat.  Fuck him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #207 on: May 30, 2013, 10:20:06 PM »
BJ, Dan and Heyward out of the lineup, Braves score 11 runs. Schafer 2 hits, Gattis 3 hits and Pena has 3 hits and 4 rbis.  Oh, Johnson had a hit and is .100 points higher than Juan Fatcisco.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #208 on: May 30, 2013, 10:51:17 PM »
And I like to think I follow baseball pretty close.
I like to think that I look good naked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2013, 01:11:43 AM »
BJ, Dan and Heyward out of the lineup, Braves score 11 runs. Schafer 2 hits, Gattis 3 hits and Pena has 3 hits and 4 rbis.  Oh, Johnson had a hit and is .100 points higher than Juan Fatcisco.
For the love of all stupidity, they better keep that line up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2013, 09:58:56 AM »
Did BJ Upton's bat come to life?  Walk off single on Sat night and a homer on Sunday.  BTW, Shaffer was hauling ass to get home on that walk off single.  That mofo is fast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #211 on: June 03, 2013, 04:07:10 PM »
Did BJ Upton's bat come to life?  Walk off single on Sat night and a homer on Sunday.  BTW, Shaffer was hauling ass to get home on that walk off single.  That mofo is fast.
It's called being threatened to be sent to the minors...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #212 on: June 03, 2013, 04:54:18 PM »
Got the red hot Pirates coming in.  They keep finding ways to win.  Time to cool them off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #213 on: June 03, 2013, 05:09:48 PM »
Would be nice is the Rangers would beat up on the BoSox this next series and for us to whip up on the SuckAstro's.  Also would like to see Detroit slow down the momentum that TB has picked up here lately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2013, 05:24:52 PM »
Would be nice is the Rangers would beat up on the BoSox this next series and for us to whip up on the SuckAstro's.  Also would like to see Detroit slow down the momentum that TB has picked up here lately.

I think there's a great chance of the first two happening.  Haven't actually looked at the numbers but for some reason, it seems like it rarely ends well for the Sox in that match up.  Although the BoSox have been playing much better of late.

As for the SuckAsstros..... :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2013, 05:43:49 PM »
I think there's a great chance of the first two happening.  Haven't actually looked at the numbers but for some reason, it seems like it rarely ends well for the Sox in that match up.  Although the BoSox have been playing much better of late.

Their second series with the Ranges this year and were swept.  We haven't played the SuckAsstros yet this season, but watch them be the team that just rips us a new and starts us on our next 5 game losing streak. 

The Yanks and Indians coming up should be a good series.  Be rooting for the Indians. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2013, 06:36:05 PM »
Their second series with the Ranges this year and were swept.  We haven't played the SuckAsstros yet this season, but watch them be the team that just rips us a new and starts us on our next 5 game losing streak. 

The Yanks and Indians coming up should be a good series.  Be rooting for the Indians.

Houston has put together a 5 game win streak.  3 straight over the LAA and 2 vs the Rockies.  How great would it be for the Astros to sweep the LAA in a 4 game set in LA?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #217 on: June 04, 2013, 09:30:39 AM »
Houston has put together a 5 game win streak.  3 straight over the LAA and 2 vs the Rockies.  How great would it be for the Astros to sweep the LAA in a 4 game set in LA?

Boom goes the dynamite. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #218 on: June 04, 2013, 05:13:43 PM »

Yeah...I think the numbers are the Rangers are 28-12 over the last 40 games with the Red Sox. The Sox will miss Yu this time though, so that helps.

In June, The Rangers play 20 straight games and of the 26 games they play in June, 23 of them are against teams with .500 or better records. Could be interesting to see how June ends up...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #219 on: June 05, 2013, 12:22:22 AM »

You are a rat bastard 4th Battalion vajayjay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions