Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2013 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

Re: The Official 2013 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2013, 08:30:47 AM »
SI Cover jinx in full effect.

This week's cover shows the Cards starting 5.

And two are now on the DL, one out for the season, the other threw a bullpen session last night and had to stop after 20 pitches.

Going forward, 3 of the starting 5 are rookies.  The other two are Wainwright and Lance Lynn, who is in his second year.

I'd be shocked if we go to the all star game leading our division.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2013, 10:19:40 AM »
SI Cover jinx in full effect.

This week's cover shows the Cards starting 5.

And two are now on the DL, one out for the season, the other threw a bullpen session last night and had to stop after 20 pitches.

Going forward, 3 of the starting 5 are rookies.  The other two are Wainwright and Lance Lynn, who is in his second year.

I'd be shocked if we go to the all star game leading our division.

Fuck you. The Rangers have had 2 rookies in rotation all year. A third was called up when Ogando was placed on the DL. And yesterday, a 30 year old making his first in the big's replaced one of our other rookies who had to miss the start because of a blister.

If you are counting at home, that is 4 rookie pitchers that have made starts this year, with 2 being in the rotation all year. The only 2 pitchers that the Rangers have had all year that are in the permanent rotation are Yu Darvish and Derrick Holland. Matt Harrison, Alexi Ogando, Neftali Feliz, Colby Lewis, and Martin Perez are all missing out of the pitching staff.

If the Rangers Had Darvish, Holland, Feliz, Harrison, and either Lewis or Ogando as the number 5 starter....damn...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2013, 10:39:49 AM »
Fuck you.

You're 5 1/2 up.

We're 1 1/2, and the #2 team has the second best record in the NL, and the #3 team is tied with the Braves for the 3rd best record.

And because Houston is now in your division, you get 18 games against them.  We get Chicago, who always seems to have our number.

I think you guys will be ok.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2013, 10:57:22 AM »
We have an Uggla
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2013, 11:02:42 AM »
We get Chicago, who always seems to have our number.

*snicker*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2013, 01:20:56 PM »
So, we're roughly 46 games in.

AL East:  The Yankees have to be the surprise team of MLB.  Hardly recognized 3 guys in the starting line up to begin the season.  Really thought they'd struggle but they're 10 games over .500 with a 1/2 game lead on the Red Sox and 3 up on Baltimore.  The Blow Jays are one of the biggest flops to this point, 9 games out.

AL Central: Cleveland under Terry Francona is playing well.  Detroit is a 1/2 game back but I expect Detroit to take control at some point.

AL West: Rangers at 30-17, best record in the AL and a 5 game lead on Oakland.  They could run away and hide before it's all said and done.  The Angels and their $18 spwazillion dollar payroll are teh bust.

NL East:  Atlanta at 28-18 playing well at home and getting a little separation from Washington with a 4 game lead. Always have to be wary of the Phillies.

NL Central:  Cards with the best record in beisbolz by percentage points at 30-16.  The Reds and Pirates are 1.5 and 2 back respectively.  The Reds have a good club and should keep some heat on the Cards all year.  The Pirates are playing out dat ass standing at 28-18.  I can't name anyone on that team except McCutcheon, and I'm not even sure if that's how you spell it.

NL West:  SF, Colorado and Arizona are all tied for first. Helluva race but my pick is Frisco in the end.  When was the last time the Dodgers were relevant?  That used to be one of THE premier franchises in all of baseball. 

Thoughts?  Surpirses? 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 01:22:27 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2013, 01:45:44 PM »
Honestly, I am surprised by the Braves pitching.  Barring a few games, they have pitched well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #187 on: May 23, 2013, 02:18:08 PM »
Honestly, I am surprised by the Braves pitching.  Barring a few games, they have pitched well.

I believe Medlen is 1-5 but has an ERA barely over 3.00.  Had they gotten any runs for the guy, the Braves would be bananas. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #188 on: May 23, 2013, 02:52:17 PM »
Told you....comfortably in 3rd and it could get worse if our bullpen doesn't quit fucking up games for us. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2013, 10:48:43 PM »
So the Major Suckasstros won at home in the 12th.

Their first walk off of the year.

15 and 36.

SIGH.

So all y'all can suck it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #190 on: May 28, 2013, 01:03:19 PM »
What the fuck Braves pitching...  We go up 3 - 0 on Toronto today in an early game, top of the first.  Our shitty pitching gives up at least 4 in the bottom of the first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #191 on: May 28, 2013, 01:14:38 PM »
What the fuck Braves pitching...  We go up 3 - 0 on Toronto today in an early game, top of the first.  Our shitty pitching gives up at least 4 in the bottom of the first.

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #192 on: May 28, 2013, 02:54:08 PM »
Toronto has the better Rasmus. And it's not even close.

Related news, their dad - the head corch at baseball powerhouse Russell County - just accepted a hc gig with Florence (AL) HS. He was also their coach when they were in the llws championship game in 98/99 (can't remember exact year).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2013, 02:23:01 PM »
So yesterday, Gattis goes yard while McCann hits 2 dingers.  I know Gattis has played a little left field this year along with his early catching duties while McCann was out.  McCann has been his old self since coming back.  Swinging the bat well. But right now, BJ Upton has the lowest batting average of any player in MLB with enough at-bats. (If what I heard on the radio this morning is correct)  Either way, he's hitting .148 with 155 plate appearances.  So, here's Upton sucking it up to high heaven.  I find some way to get Gattis in the game as often as possible and simply replace Upton with Jordan Schafer.

Schafer is fast as hayull and is hitting right at .300 with far less than half the at-bats as Upton.  He's got 2 HR and 6 RBI basically from the lead off spot plus 6 stolen bases....to Upton's 3.  Gattis has 22 less plate appearances than Upton and he's leading the team in RBI.  Ideally, I teach Gattis to play 2nd base and put Schafer in for Upton and make both those clowns sit at the end of the bench until they can be traded or released.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2013, 02:37:40 PM »
Could Cincy and the Pirates lose a fucking game once in a while?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2013, 03:21:18 PM »

Oh hush.  When the BoSox and Yankme's lose a game the O's have to fuck around and lose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2013, 04:07:22 PM »

Cincy, I get.  They have talent and a ton of pitching.  Like I said earlier, I can't name one guy on the Butt-Pirates after McCutcheon.  You keep thinking they have to fade.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2013, 04:12:50 PM »
Cincy, I get.  They have talent and a ton of pitching.  Like I said earlier, I can't name one guy on the Butt-Pirates after McCutcheon.  You keep thinking they have to fade.

Pirates were competitive until the all star break last year, then faded.  I get the feeling that they will stick around some this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2013, 04:23:42 PM »
Pirates were competitive until the all star break last year, then faded.  I get the feeling that they will stick around some this year.

A check of their roster shows the only name I recognized from their pitching staff is AJ Burnett.  Russell Martin is one of the catchers (Not sure if he starts) and you have veterans Gaby Sanchez (Marlins) and Brandon Inge (Everybody) on the infield.  Again, after McCutchen, I honestly don't recognize one name.  And I like to think I follow baseball pretty close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2013, 04:28:37 PM »
Good for the game to have teams like Pittsburgh and Oakland being competitive.

Cards have another rookie pitcher making his MLB debut, aTm's Michael Wacha, drafted last year, and zoomed up the minors.

Rookie starters are 9-3 record and 2.33 ERA, and rookie relievers are 4-1 record, 17 holds, a 2.38 ERA and 53 strikeouts in 45 innings.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions