Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2013 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: The Official 2013 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2013, 01:08:32 PM »
Remember several years ago when Albert Pujols was the baddest man on the planet.  Whether you like St. Louis or not, you had to pay attention to what Pujols was doing because on any at-bat, you might see him knock down some some poor, unsuspecting left field wall with a rocket.  Miguel Cabrera is that man now.  I watched last night and the Rangers won despite 3 HR's from Cabrera.  When the pitcher ducks on a home run swing, you know the hitter has taken a rip. 

6'4" 240  Hitting .387 with 11 HR and 47 RBI.  We're what, a little over 40 games in and Cabrera has 47 RBI?  Shheeeeit!!!

Yeah...it was fun to tell my son Friday night to "watch this guy hit. He is the best baseball player hitter on the planet."

The dude is so good. He can get a decent part of the bat on the ball whether it is high and tight or low and away off the plate. Dude is a crazy good player.

Although...last night...he made a lazy play at third...I think in the 7th...that allowed the Rangers to plate 2 and opened the ballgame up to a 4 run lead...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2013, 05:11:20 PM »
Jarhead, do you think Pujols was juicing? Or did he just naturally deteriorate really quickly?

Honest question...

Juicing?  No.

Deteriorate "quickly"?  Yes.

And define quickly.

Here is his BA/HR/RBI/BB from 2006 - 2012
2006- .331/49/137/92
2007- .327/32/103/99
2008- .357/37/116/104
2009- .327/47/135/115    
2010- .312/42/118/103
2011- .299/37/99/61
2012- .285/30/105/52    

2013- .241/7/25/19 - Assuming we're 25% through, that gives him 28 HR, 100RBI, and 76BB

2008 and 2009 were MVP years.  Since then, even his last two years with the Cards, his BA has been dropping.  And pretty substantial, almost .015 every year.  His home runs by almost 5 a year.

The BB is would would really concern me if I were an Angels fan.  To drop by 40% overnight?

Here's his Ks for the same period
2006 - 50
2007 - 58
2008 - 54
2009 - 64
2010 - 76
2011 - 58
2012 - 76
2013 - 25 - So on pace for 100?

So I think he's been getting "worse" (although to be fair, .312/42/118/103 in 2011 is All Star worthy), but I think over the past 4 or 5 years, his stats have been dropping.

Is he older than 33?  I dunno.  If he were 37, that would put his MVP years of 08 and 09 at the "end" of his prime, with the dropoff seen since corresponding to his mid to late 30s.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2013, 05:25:57 PM »
I recall reading a great SI piece on him several years back.  He addressed the claims of juicing pretty well.  Personally, I don't think he's been a juicer.  Just one of those freaks of nature, blessed with Bo-like physical strength.  Bo didn't juice or workout.  Hated it.  But that mofo would break you in half. 

I just think the guy is getting up there in age (For an elite professional athlete) and the skillz are dropping off accordingly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2013, 07:32:10 PM »
I recall reading a great SI piece on him several years back.  He addressed the claims of juicing pretty well.  Personally, I don't think he's been a juicer.  Just one of those freaks of nature, blessed with Bo-like physical strength.  Bo didn't juice or workout.  Hated it.  But that mofo would break you in half. 

I just think the guy is getting up there in age (For an elite professional athlete) and the skillz are dropping off accordingly.

And the Angels have 8 more years of him. I will love it in 6 years when they are paying $50M to both Pujols and Hamilton. Imagine how bad they will suck then...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2013, 09:09:17 PM »
And the Angels have 8 more years of him. I will love it in 6 years when they are paying $50M to both Pujols and Hamilton. Imagine how bad they will suck then...

That's the sad part for me.  Watching Pujols become a shell of the player that he was.  And in St Louis, he'd still be a hero.

He gave up my kids saying to friends in 30 years or so "do you want to meet at the Musial statue or the Pujols statue."  Now, I think they'll still retire his number, but it will be like Bruce Sutter's number.  He won't be spoken about like the Gibbys or Musials.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2013, 09:39:18 AM »
Braves win.  Braves win.  Apparently, they got back to the ATL and got some home cookin'.  They're playing well again....for now.

Watched the Orioles blow a win against the Yankmees last night.  Had their closer on the mound in the 9th with a 1 run lead.  POW...game tied.  He had a case of the Kimbrels.  3 blown saves in a row.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2013, 09:50:34 AM »
The Rangers ran out their AAA pitching staff last night and allowed the A's...who had 17 consecutive games scoring no more than 4 runs...to score 9.

At 29-16, the Rangers have had 3 different rookie pitchers to pitch this year. They have 3 rotation guys on the DL and last night, after calling up the third pitcher, it caught up with them...

But...Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu is pitching tonight...so that is always fun...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2013, 10:24:51 AM »
Saw where Nationals relief pitcher, Ryan Mattheus, broke his hand punching out a locker after a bad outing. Probably out about 5 weeks.  You make your living with your arm, so you use it to punch out a locker?

Dumb ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2013, 06:48:08 PM »
The Rangers ran out their AAA pitching staff last night and allowed the A's...who had 17 consecutive games scoring no more than 4 runs...to score 9.

At 29-16, the Rangers have had 3 different rookie pitchers to pitch this year. They have 3 rotation guys on the DL and last night, after calling up the third pitcher, it caught up with them...

But...Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu is pitching tonight...so that is always fun...

They're gonna build you up, just to let you down.

I get Snags knows that tune.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2013, 12:04:31 AM »
Evan Gattis/Freddie Freeman... Boom motherfuckers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2013, 09:05:08 AM »
Evan Gattis/Freddie Freeman... Boom motherfudgeers.
I had to pry my eyelids up to watch the comeback. Glad I did. Gattis and Freeman are the dudes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2013, 09:11:55 AM »
Evan Gattis/Freddie Freeman... Boom motherfuckers.

I just picked Gattis up this week on another Fantasy Baseball team...glad to see I didn't jinx him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2013, 09:50:28 AM »
I had to pry my eyelids up to watch the comeback. Glad I did. Gattis and Freeman are the dudes.

This^^^ As soon as the winning run crossed the plate, the remote went click and the snoring began.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2013, 10:51:35 AM »
I'm glad the Braves are playing well right now.  Great home stand and some killer come from behind wins.  Exciting stuff.  But, I'm so over the Dan Uggla era and ready for him to be shipped to the first available bidder.  I'll give him his due as a hell of a second baseman, but you can find one of those in AA ball.  This guy is still batting around .180, if that.  He either hits the odd home run once every 30 or 40 at-bats, or he's just epic fail .  This has gone on way too long and the Braves need to ship this guy.  If he somehow turns it around and starts hitting and earning his damn paycheck, all I'll ask is what the hayull have you been doing the last two and a half years? 

I'm also this close to saying the same about BJ Upton.  Good googlity goo, this guy has been awful.  He looks like a high school kid facing Major League pitching.  He's so overmatched it's not even funny.  I think he's right around .150 with 3 HR and 6 RBI.  Have you ever seen a team in MLB continue to put up with what these two have been doing?  We're 44 games into the season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2013, 11:03:46 AM »
Have you ever seen a team in MLB continue to put up with what these two have been doing?  We're 44 games into the season.

Direct your eyes to the Northside of Chicago.  They've only been doing it since prior to WWI.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2013, 11:05:26 AM »
Direct your eyes to the Northside of Chicago.  They've only been doing it since prior to WWI.

Alfonso Soriano scoffs at this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2013, 11:07:33 AM »

ZZzzzzzippity Zinnnnng
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2013, 01:28:48 PM »
Anddddddddddddddddddddd Gattis just hit a grand slam.  El Oso Blanco!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2013, 02:33:17 PM »
Anddddddddddddddddddddd Gattis just hit a grand slam.  El Oso Blanco!

So shortly after my rant, BJ Upton hits a solo shot.  He's skyrocketed his totals to .156 BA.  4 HR 7 RBI.

I guess as long as they keep winning...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2013, 03:13:07 PM »
Braves win 8-3.  Had it well in hand going to the 8th but Cory Rasmus, who I think just came up a day or two ago, looked like 5 day old, warmed over possum jizz.  Anywho...clean sweep at home.  6-0 home stand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions