« on: March 18, 2013, 12:50:24 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: How baseballs are made
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 12:59:59 PM »
Pretty cool.  On another note, I don't think I could work on an assembly line like that.  What'd you do at work today, honey?

I date stamped 8,000 balls.

What are you gonna' do tomorrow?

Oh, probably date stamp 8,000 balls. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 01:08:21 PM »
Pretty cool.  On another note, I don't think I could work on an assembly line like that.  What'd you do at work today, honey?

:haha:

this would be your circle in hell.  ...while knowing that your ball(s) is stamped with her initials in a jar. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 01:19:02 PM »

Yea, that shit did look like a beating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 02:00:37 PM »
Yea, that shit did look like a beating.

Years ago, I took a group tour of the Ford/Mercury plant in Atlanta, where they made Taurus and Sables.  Same car, just different labels. The plant was massive.  You'd need a bicycle or golf cart just to get aorund.  The farther back you went, the more dark and depressing the place got. At one point, we stopped and I watched this one guy take one piece of sheet metal after another and rub some sort of adhesive on two ends of it.  Then he'd pick up another, then another, then another.....That's what he did all day.  He rubbed something on two sides of the exact same piece of sheet metal.  He looked like a zombie.  All I could think of was, "What a life". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 03:47:51 PM »
Years ago, I took a group tour of the Ford/Mercury plant in Atlanta, where they made Taurus and Sables.  Same car, just different labels. The plant was massive.  You'd need a bicycle or golf cart just to get aorund.  The farther back you went, the more dark and depressing the place got. At one point, we stopped and I watched this one guy take one piece of sheet metal after another and rub some sort of adhesive on two ends of it.  Then he'd pick up another, then another, then another.....That's what he did all day.  He rubbed something on two sides of the exact same piece of sheet metal.  He looked like a zombie.  All I could think of was, "What a life".

I worked at a few factories during the summers while in high school.  Growing up in a small town, there wasn't a whole lot else available, not to mention that my parents probably wanted to teach me a lesson about what would happen if I didn't put forth effort in school.

One of the guys I remember working with was a recovering alcoholic.  Used to drink a fifth of Jack a day, plus countless beers.  He'd gotten his shit straight and saved what little liver he had left by the time I started working there, but I could easily see why he became an alcoholic.  Assembly lines are not fun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 04:28:31 PM »
I worked for Greyhound Bus in college. When I started, it was excruciatingly monotonous. When the buses would make a stop or get in from a trip, I sniffed farts out of bus seats. When they would leave, I sniffed farts out of the waiting room seat cushions. Eventually, I worked my way up to chief fart sniffer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 04:38:08 PM »
I worked for Greyhound Bus in college. When I started, it was excruciatingly monotonous. When the buses would make a stop or get in from a trip, I sniffed farts out of bus seats. When they would leave, I sniffed farts out of the waiting room seat cushions. Eventually, I worked my way up to chief fart sniffer.

Hey, I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. But now... now I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill. And pretty soon, I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 04:42:59 PM »
Hey, I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. But now... now I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill. And pretty soon, I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in.
A N d....
We are back to:

"Joe Louis was the best boxer to ever live"!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 04:48:34 PM »
A N d....
We are back to:

"Joe Louis was the best boxer to ever live"!
"Joe Louis had to come outta retirement to fight Rocky Marciano, the man was 76 years old. Joe Louis always lied about his age, he lied about his age all the time. One time Frank Sinatra come down here and sat in this chair and I said, Frank, you hang out with Joe Louis, just between me and you, how old is Joe Louis, you know what Frank told me?He said hey, Joe Louis a 137 years old. 137 years old."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 02:21:29 PM »
That plant is gone - about to be Porsche's new North American HQ on that site.  That zombie was probably union, and living off a pension now
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions