Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

This will make you sick....

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
This will make you sick....
« on: March 11, 2013, 08:19:21 PM »
Where is the outrage? If it didn't come after last football season and numerous basketball and baseball seasons--apparently it ís not coming. But, this doesn't make any sense. Politics suck. It's time for the majority to demand Jacob's firing and hire a first class AD.
comments

Scarbinsky: Jay Jacobs makes more than Mal Moore? That's rich

By Kevin Scarbinsky | kscarbinsky@al.com
on March 09, 2013 at 8:17 PM, updated March 09, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Alabama AD Mal Moore (center) poses with UA football coach Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide's latest national championship trophies Jan. 8, 2013 in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. (Vasha Hunt/al.com)

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Are you sitting down? You should be. If you're not careful, this is the kind of news that'll knock you off your feet.

Jay Jacobs makes more money than Mal Moore.

I said, as USA Today reported after compiling the salaries of Division I athletics directors, Jay Jacobs makes more money than Mal Moore.

Yeah. I was floored when I first heard it, too.

Nothing else in the commendable, informative and comprehensive USA Today database was as eye-opening and head-scratching.

Sure, the annual compensation for Vanderbilt's David Williams, at $3,239,678, looks like a typo, but you already knew that Williams wears more than one hat on that campus.

Read the fine print, and you discover that his total income includes a one-time distribution of $2,009,952 "accrued in a supplemental executive retirement plan" and another $193,921 "in retirement and deferred compensation."

Just the same, it's been profitable for Williams to anchor down in Nashville.

Closer to home, where everything's a competition between Alabama and Auburn, it simply doesn't compute that the current Auburn AD makes $615,000 a year and the current Alabama AD makes $600,500.

There's not much separation there, unlike the gap between the programs they lead, which mirrors the last Iron Bowl score of 49-0.

Truth be told, that game wasn't even that close. Neither is the overall performance of the departments.

In the last 14 months, Alabama has won five national championships in four different sports: football, women's golf, gymnastics and softball. The repeat champion was football, and when an SEC football program wins big, it can cover the flaws of a department that's less than well-rounded.

That's not the case at Alabama. Basketball needs to continue to improve and baseball has to step up, but for the most part, the Crimson Tide is among the most successful athletics departments in the nation both competitively and financially.

According to U.S. Department of Education statistics, based on information provided by the schools themselves, Alabama athletics generated more than $124 million in revenue during the 2011-2012 academic year.

Only Texas, Ohio State and Michigan brought in more.

For all those reasons, the fact that Moore ranks 11th among SEC athletics directors in annual compensation suggests he's due the biggest raise of his career.

Maybe next time, instead of negotiating a coaching contract with Jimmy Sexton, Moore should hire him.

Auburn doesn't have any trouble paying its bills, either, under Jacobs. The Tigers were ninth in the nation in athletic revenue in 2011-2012 at more than $106 million, and they continued a streak of 22 straight years in the black. The financial success of the department is one of the main reasons given by Jacobs' supporters to beat back the argument that he's done all he can do and Auburn's in need of a regime change.

The balance sheet may look good - it would look even better if not for the unnecessarily generous buyout in Gene Chizik's contract - but the scoreboard tells a different story. Competitively, Auburn has fallen well behind the competition in the two most significant revenue-generating sports.

It isn't just that the football and men's basketball teams are losing games. The football team suffered through such a historically bad season that Jacobs was forced to fire Chizik two years after the Tigers won the national championship, and the basketball team, with the most losses in a single season in school history, is close to the merciful finish of a year to forget all its own.

How low can you go? Auburn will go down in history as the first SEC team to finish 14th in football and basketball.

By the standards of the profession, Jacobs isn't breaking the bank. According to USA Today's figures, he's exactly $100,000 a year above the national Division I average of $515,000 a year.

Among his SEC peers, only four athletics directors make less than Jacobs. From the bottom up, they are: Mississippi's Ross Bjork ($400,00), Mississippi State's Scott Stricklin ($450,000), Georgia's Greg McGarity ($525,000) and - wait for it - Mal Moore.

By the standards of overall performance under their watch, especially of late, there's no comparison between Alabama under Moore and Auburn under Jacobs. If Jacobs isn't necessarily overpaid in relation to his peers, Moore is terribly underpaid compared to his cross-state rival.

If nothing else, consider the most significant line items on their resumes. Jacobs hired and fired Chizik. Moore hired Nick Saban.

That's an oversimplification, of course. Neither AD handled any of those personnel decisions totally by himself, but each man will be remembered for them.

Of the two of them, Moore's the one who hasn't been compensated accordingly.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:19:47 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: This will make you sick....
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 12:48:04 AM »
Is there anyway we can set up JJ with a blowjob on youtubz or something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 08:08:49 AM »
Is there anyway we can set up JJ with a blowjob on youtubz or something?

If you want to suck the man's dick, then go suck it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 09:23:07 AM »

Bazzzzingaaa....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 11:27:07 AM »
How low can you go? Auburn will go down in history as the first SEC team to finish 14th in football and basketball.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 01:39:14 PM »
Eh...who cares, nothing will be done about it, Gouge is only concerned with academics and money, he's not firing Jacobs anytime soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 02:13:17 PM »
Eh...who cares, nothing will be done about it, Gouge is only concerned with academics and money, he's not firing Jacobs anytime soon.

The good thing (Or bad) is that with the football and basketball teams in the dumper, the safe bet is that contributions should decline considerably.  If you're a big money donor and Jacobs or anyone on behalf of Tigers Unlimited or the athletic department comes calling, are you going to open the wallet right now?  Ask Tennessee.

I would imagine there have been more than a few deciding to hold on to the $$$ for a while in the hopes that change is coming.  I'm telling you, Auburn's shitty situation and Jacobs job (along with Barbee's) are the #1 topics of discussion across the State.  I have a feeling the pressure has been turned up big time and a decision has to be made on Jacobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 02:41:31 PM »
The good thing (Or bad) is that with the football and basketball teams in the dumper, the safe bet is that contributions should decline considerably.  If you're a big money donor and Jacobs or anyone on behalf of Tigers Unlimited or the athletic department comes calling, are you going to open the wallet right now?  Ask Tennessee.

I would imagine there have been more than a few deciding to hold on to the $$$ for a while in the hopes that change is coming.  I'm telling you, Auburn's shitty situation and Jacobs job (along with Barbee's) are the #1 topics of discussion across the State.  I have a feeling the pressure has been turned up big time and a decision has to be made on Jacobs.

The one that should have been made last year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 02:59:27 PM »
The one that should have been made last year?

Gogue loves Jacobs.  I hear on a daily basis, people calling in to talk shows or having the discussion in person, "Dye and the good ole boy network".  I'd bet my left nutt if I had access to it, that Dye has nothing to do with Jacobs keeping his job or any other decisions being made up there.  It's like Prowler siad, Gogue isn't concerned with athletics.  Not his thing.  Nor has he been concerned with what people think about Jacobs.  But, I'll bet he's seeing the light here lately. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:06:07 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 03:27:25 PM »
Gogue loves Jacobs.  I hear on a daily basis, people calling in to talk shows or having the discussion in person, "Dye and the good ole boy network".  I'd bet my left nutt if I had access to it, that Dye has nothing to do with Jacobs keeping his job or any other decisions being made up there.  It's like Prowler siad, Gogue isn't concerned with athletics.  Not his thing.  Nor has he been concerned with what people think about Jacobs.  But, I'll bet he's seeing the light here lately.

As you have stated:   less $$$$$$=more light
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 03:45:43 PM »
Mal Moore is lucky to have a job. He is still recovering from some of his past hires. They were THAT bad! So he probably saw this article and asked for it NOT to be printed. He feels the less attention on him, the better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 06:22:31 PM »
I'm not good at that kind of stuff. I thought we already had a resident professional here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 09:55:42 PM »
Mal Moore is lucky to have a job. He is still recovering from some of his past hires. They were THAT bad! So he probably saw this article and asked for it NOT to be printed. He feels the less attention on him, the better.
The funny thing is that Mal Moore didn't have shit to do with the saban hire. A group of their big money people hired saban - Mal just flew down to Miami to pick him up. Word is that Mal was about to be canned because of the Fifthchoiceione/Price/Rich Rod/Shula comedy show. A few influential "friends of the program" handled everything with this one because they didn't want Moore fucking it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 05:08:34 PM »
The funny thing is that Mal Moore didn't have shit to do with the saban hire. A group of their big money people hired saban - Mal just flew down to Miami to pick him up. Word is that Mal was about to be canned because of the Fifthchoiceione/Price/Rich Rod/Shula comedy show. A few influential "friends of the program" handled everything with this one because they didn't want Moore fucking it up.
Wish we had those same type of donors that knew what they were doing...I'm starting to think someone is the puppet master that has no knowledge of how a Athletic Department should be run, might be a few big money donors being puppet masters. I wish we'd hire Bobby Lowder back to a seat of power, he seemed like one of the few that knew what needed to be done and he doesn't wait around to strike. Iirc, he was one of the few that was against giving Coach Chizik that huge buyout after the NC Game, but at that point he wasn't in any seat of power.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs