Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Finebaum Leaving JOX

Re: Finebaum Leaving JOX
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 10:46:58 AM »
I glossed over the part where Ryan Haney is joining 97.3 as the new program director there.

Sucks for everyone. I think we can pretty well kiss Eyes on Auburn goodbye. Scarbinsky doesn't have a chance to stay on air.

And what exactly is this acheiving? Who is Finebaum giving the "Fuck You" to if he's bringing Haney with him? I'm guessing the parent corporation that owns JOX is who he had the problem with? Cumulus?

Anyway, Haney starts today.

I thought Haney was an Auburn fan. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 10:51:16 AM »
I thought Haney was an Auburn fan.
If true, he's got a funny way of showing it. Particularly by sending a crew of people to three out of the last four national championships, conspicuously leaving every one at home for the 2010 championship in Phoenix...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 01:42:32 PM »
I glossed over the part where Ryan Haney is joining 97.3 as the new program director there.

Sucks for everyone. I think we can pretty well kiss Eyes on Auburn goodbye. Scarbinsky doesn't have a chance to stay on air.

And what exactly is this acheiving? Who is Finebaum giving the "Fuck You" to if he's bringing Haney with him? I'm guessing the parent corporation that owns JOX is who he had the problem with? Cumulus?

Anyway, Haney starts today.
Called that one.

@radiofreeblake
EYES ON AUBURN will begin a brief hiatus effective immediately. A message from myself, @JHokanson & @robpate: http://theplaymaker.tumblr.com/post/42950625586/a-message-about-eyes-on-auburn
A message about EYES ON AUBURN.

Beginning tonight, Eyes on Auburn will take a brief hiatus as Justin Hokanson, Rob Pate and I evaluate the show’s best possible future. Recent changes at the show’s home studio, 97.3 The Zone, have initiated conversation amongst ourselves, the station and other potential outlets as to what situation can provide the listener with the best possible product. We’re working through that now.

We will be back. For the three of us, this is a hobby that we all enjoy because of its ability to allow the Auburn family an outlet as the state’s only syndicated call-in show exclusively dedicated to Auburn athletics.

If you have further questions about this decision today, please direct them to John.olsen@coxinc.com. While we want to answer all of you, we currently can’t provide you with the certainty you want or deserve.

A solution is inevitable. We just don’t have it yet. The moment we do, we will let you know.

Thanks for the immeasurable support you’ve given our show over the last three years. War Damn Eagle.

@robpate
These clowns on @WJOX945 are poo-pooing AU recruits because their highlight film doesn't blow them away. "No Jadeveon Clowney." Who is???

‏@DThriftWarEagle
@robpate @wjox945 which is why I really appreciate what you and @JHokanson do on Eyes On Auburn

e ‏@robpate
What we did. Were let go
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 02:04:04 PM »
So 97.3 started out as a balanced approach to Alabama (the state) athletics but is now drifting towards being a typical bammer-lovefest?

Can't say I'm surprised.  And honestly, I don't blame Alabama fans solely for this.  Way too many Auburn fans tune in to the Finebaum shows.  Way too many listen to the OD and think Del Greco is a good representative of Auburn.  Way too few tuned in to Eyes on Auburn. 

I feel like there should be some kind of movement to convince Auburn fans to not listen and call in or support shows that are detrimental or at least attempt to be detrimental to the overall well-being of Auburn University. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 02:20:41 PM »
So 97.3 started out as a balanced approach to Alabama (the state) athletics but is now drifting towards being a typical bammer-lovefest?

Can't say I'm surprised.  And honestly, I don't blame Alabama fans solely for this.  Way too many Auburn fans tune in to the Finebaum shows.  Way too many listen to the OD and think Del Greco is a good representative of Auburn.  Way too few tuned in to Eyes on Auburn. 

I feel like there should be some kind of movement to convince Auburn fans to not listen and call in or support shows that are detrimental or at least attempt to be detrimental to the overall well-being of Auburn University.
I feel like Eyes on Auburn had to have pulled in numbers. Everyone I know listened to it, if not live then in podcast form.

Fucking 2 hours a week of no anti-Auburn bias is apparently asking too much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 02:28:37 PM »
@JHokanson
@AUChizad @AuburnChopper @robpate @WJOX945 @radiofreeblake @ryanhaney Talk to The Zone 97.3. They made the decision.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 02:54:33 PM »
Should have just asked Chopper
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 03:22:20 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 03:34:19 PM »
Format :check:

Wow, I thought he was short arming that just a little bit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 03:52:54 PM »
Should have just asked Chopper

That would be a reach
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2013, 03:57:29 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 10:45:24 AM »
He is so in the fucking know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 08:13:30 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 12:46:31 PM »
Fuck those clowns.  I hope lawsuits and contract disputes keep Finebaum and his posse tied up in court for the next 15 years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions