Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tre Williams LB St. Pauls 2014

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Tre Williams LB St. Pauls 2014
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 12:00:52 AM »
Sooo...does he flip in January, or wait until the weekend before signing day?

We ain't got no time for dat!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 11:00:01 AM »

Meh, he does it earlier.  He will do it during the two week dead period so we can't recruit another LB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 11:11:31 AM »
Exhibit #73,456,902,811,109,338 why al.com can SUCK IT.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/05/post_484.html#incart_river_default

"Did Tre Williams make the right call in chosing Auburn?"

Where are the articles about every recruit who picks Alabama making "the wrong call?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 11:26:01 AM »

He signs his LOI and then disappears from site only to have his twin brother (who nobody ever knew existed) come out and sign with lords sabinz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 11:26:34 AM »

Where are the articles about every recruit who picks Alabama making "the wrong call?"

I just went hyper-rant in the other thread about this.  Fuck these people.  Your question is 1000% spot on.  Williams will be bombarded with these questions until he either signs or flips. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 12:55:06 PM »

Doesn't even phase me anymore. I'm immune. To his credit, Thomas said that time would tell but noted the early pt that is likely at AU. Even said that he may get early pt at Bama based on his talent.

Even asking the question...yeah, I know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 02:29:32 PM »
Doesn't even phase me anymore. I'm immune. To his credit, Thomas said that time would tell but noted the early pt that is likely at AU. Even said that he may get early pt at Bama based on his talent.

Even asking the question...yeah, I know.

Don't you just love the lead-in to the discussion between Bean and Thomas?

Did Tre Williams make a wise choice?

Suck my rod.  You would never ask that about a Bama recruit. Had Williams announced Bama, he'd just be another in a long line of superior athletes continuing the truhdishun of Alabama greatness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 02:51:53 PM »
Don't you just love the lead-in to the discussion between Bean and Thomas?

Did Tre Williams make a wise choice?

Suck my rod.  You would never ask that about a Bama recruit. Had Williams announced Bama, he'd just be another in a long line of superior athletes continuing the truhdishun of Alabama greatness.
First of all, I never said anything about your rod--especially sucking it. And I forgot the second thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 08:24:52 PM »
Fuck AL.com. That shit is bad for your health. Now here is a news article worth reading..

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2013/05/09/Top-Linebacker-Recruit-Sets-Stage-for-Intense-Recruiting-Cycle-in-Alabama?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Typically, the choices made by recruits in the latter part of their junior seasons and early part of their senior seasons do not tell observers too much. Often, an early decision is made by a player long considered a "lock" to a particular school or a prospect that could change his mind a number of times before National Signing Day. Most "major" recruiting news happens in the final months, weeks, and days leading up to the day recruits put pen to paper.

Yesterday's decision by Alabama linebacker Tre Williams of St. Paul's in Mobile choosing Auburn over the long-favored Tide was seismic in the early part of this recruiting cycle.

Williams is the #3 player in the state, #2 player at his position, and the #35 overall prospect in the nation according to Rivals.com, but his significance to the Auburn program goes far beyond those numbers.

In pulling Williams, the Tigers have dealt a kidney blow in the heart of Alabama's recruiting fortress. The Mobile area, easily the most talent-rich area in the state and among the most fertile recruiting grounds in the nation, has long been a pipeline to Tuscaloosa and a precursor to national championships for the Tide. First round selections like Julio Jones, Mark Barron, and D.J. Fluker all hail from the area.

Moreover, St. Paul's is the alma mater of Barron as well as Alabama starting quarterback A.J. McCarron.

As the first major prospect from Mobile to choose the Tigers in a number of years, Williams highlights what may be a more competitive in-state battle between the two most recent national champions. While former Auburn coach Gene Chizik was able to put together some outstanding recruiting classes, the Crimson Tide have dominated with in-state prospects.

New Tigers coach Gus Malzahn and his staff have worked relentlessly to change that dynamic beginning with hiring coaches experienced with the Alabama recruiting terrain, most notably former Auburn standout Dameyune Craig, who is tasked with recruiting the Mobile area. Secondly, Malzahn went out and hired an auxiliary staff consisting mostly of former high school coaches from around the state who will attempt to build the relationships with the high school coaches and their programs needed to identify prospects early and get an early lead.

This new commitment will only highlight a sense of optimism that is growing on the Plains despite a 3-9 season. Although, the Birmingham News and the pro-Alabama media in the state will dismiss the pick up as due to depth for the Tide, it is clear that recruiting battles in the Yellowhammer state are set to be hot once more.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 09:03:11 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 09:41:26 PM »
Jesus give me Cliff Notes-I'm 54 damnit!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 08:54:43 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 12:42:31 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2013, 04:13:26 PM »
Rewind to 2010:

Reporter: "So, TJ are you secure in your commitment to Auburn?"

TJ: Yes, sir. I've made up my mind. I'm sure.

Reporter: "But what about the probation?  Aren't you worried Auburn is going on probation?"

TJ: I talked to the coaches, I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Reporter: "Were you worried that you couldn't compete with the type of backs Alabama has?  People like Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson?  Is that why you chose Auburn, because there is less competition?"

TJ: No sir. Auburn is the right fit for me and my family.

Reporter: "Did you ride any cows while you were down there?  And what about Gene Chizik? Sure they just won a national championship, but Chizik is 5-19 without Cam Newton. What about that?"

TJ: I like Auburn. It feels like home to me.

Reporter: "Why do you hate Alabama?" 

----
And on to today
----

Reporter: "Tre, why the hell did you pick Auburn? Are you scared of competition? What about all the coaching changes down there? Their defensive coordinator is OLD. And we hear he's a cranky bitch. Alabama's got a young guy, and you know he didn't even WANT to coach at Auburn. Don't you think you'd fit in better in Tuscaloosa?  You'll be issued a dozen get out of jail free cards and unless you actually get caught mugging another student, raping a mongoose or murdering Nick Saban's daughter you won't be prosecuted. Charges will be dropped. You could probably even murder the Saban girl and nobody would care.  So why Auburn? Is it the cows, Tre?  You look like a cow humper. You'd never be able to make the cut at Alabama anyway, so go prove yourself at some second rate outfit.  You don't have what it takes to make it at the Capstone."

Tre:  *sigh*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2013, 04:35:17 PM »
I chortled audibly
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions