Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

All these kids are ridiculous

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
All these kids are ridiculous
« on: February 06, 2013, 11:56:59 AM »
Why would you be "committed" to a school for the entire process and then go somewhere else the day before (or in some cases send in the papers to a different school the day of?)

The ones that left AU, the ones that swapped to AU, all of them.

It's pathetic.  How can you, as a coach, arrange your 25 scholarships when fools are doing crap like this. 

Should be simple. You "commit" the college accepts the commitment and that's it.  You can't go anywhere else unless the college to which you've committed grants you permission to do so.  And the college can't dump you like Saban did with those kids in Mobile last year.

And I am reminded again why I don't care about this at all.

And BTW, Dee Liner is a douche.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:06:49 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: All these kids are ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 12:22:26 PM »
Why would you be "committed" to a school for the entire process and then go somewhere else the day before (or in some cases send in the papers to a different school the day of?)

The ones that left AU, the ones that swapped to AU, all of them.

It's pathetic.  How can you, as a coach, arrange your 25 scholarships when fools are doing crap like this. 

Should be simple. You "commit" the college accepts the commitment and that's it.  You can't go anywhere else unless the college to which you've committed grants you permission to do so.  And the college can't dump you like Saban did with those kids in Mobile last year.

And I am reminded again why I don't care about this at all.

And BTW, Dee Liner is a douche.

Was having a conversation about this with some AU buds watching the Stupor Bowl.  Everyone agreed this recruiting season has turned a lot of Auburn fans off of recruiting.  Yes, it appears this class is going to turn out to be 175% or 240/97ths better than expected, but everything leading up to it has just been frustrating.  The negative press....the number of kids who decommitted...the number of kids who had "committed" but were taking visits or heavily rumored to be going somewhere else....

Every time you'd read something on a guy who verbaled to us, it was followed by the obligatory, "But...with the coaching change...But...with the ongoing NCAA investigation..."  Then of course, you have the mandatory annual 5 star flip to Bama.  It looks like some serious vindication with the guys who are signing but damn, this recruiting season has sucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 01:02:01 PM »
And I would just like to add that the whole process seems to be completely void of any gender or racial equality.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:09:35 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

HSVBeerNerd

• "Who the $%!# made me an engineer??"
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 01:06:21 PM »
Gene Chizik starting his ESPN career?? However.. I think he's getting trolled when asked questions like "do you think [insert recruit here] can help turn Auburn around after their devastating season??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Friends don't let friends buy Pat Dye's undergarments on Ebay...

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 01:11:18 PM »
Gene Chizik starting his ESPN career?? However.. I think he's getting trolled when asked questions like "do you think [insert recruit here] can help turn Auburn around after their devastating season??

As he should be...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 01:20:21 PM »
It's been ridiculous.

It was ridiculous when Crowell pulled out a puppy to announce he was going to Georgia.

It was ridiculous when Cyrus Koundouche committed to Auburn and his family was visibly upset.  Then a few minutes later, he sends his LOI to Alabama.

It was ridiculous when Terrelle Pryor waited two weeks after signing day to announce his commitment - ESPN was there of course.

It was ridiculous when Yeldon switched from Auburn to Alabama the day before a dead period and then signed early with Alabama.

It was ridiculous when Foster decommitted from Alabama, read Yeldon's speech, got a tattoo to "solidify" his new commitment," then signed with Alabama anyway. 

It's all ridiculous and stupid but god damnit, I still love seeing those stars next to new Auburn players' names. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 02:22:30 PM »
It's all ridiculous and stupid but god damnit, I still love seeing those stars next to new Auburn players' names.

And there in lies the crux of human nature. There will always be somebody that listens to Finescum!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 06:16:30 PM »
Was having a conversation about this with some AU buds watching the Stupor Bowl.  Everyone agreed this recruiting season has turned a lot of Auburn fans off of recruiting.  Yes, it appears this class is going to turn out to be 175% or 240/97ths better than expected, but everything leading up to it has just been frustrating.  The negative press....the number of kids who decommitted...the number of kids who had "committed" but were taking visits or heavily rumored to be going somewhere else....

Every time you'd read something on a guy who verbaled to us, it was followed by the obligatory, "But...with the coaching change...But...with the ongoing NCAA investigation..."  Then of course, you have the mandatory annual 5 star flip to Bama.  It looks like some serious vindication with the guys who are signing but damn, this recruiting season has sucked.
I hardly follow recruiting anymore because of the circus that it has become.  Part of the problem, in my opinion, are the adults.  The adults drive these kids to do some of the odd things that they do.  While some things may look shady to us as fans, I think that sometimes these kids feel such an immense amount of pressure, they feel that doing something a certain way is the only way.

I also think that it would be great to have an early signing period.  That would take the wind out of ESPN's sails, IMO, and you wouldn't have so much drama, etc.  NSD shouldn't be a made-for-TV event.  It shouldn't be a day full of kids announcing on ESPN.  It's just kind of sad, really.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 03:15:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions