Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Final Signing Day Predictions (02-05-13)....

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Signing Day Predictions....
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 01:18:31 AM »
Peyton Barber Commits To Auburn

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=2&c=1263572&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fauburn.scout.com%2f2%2f1263572.html

Soild pick up.  If anyone hasn't watched this kids film, do yourself a favor and watch.  Still trying to figure out why he isn't rated higher.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2013, 01:24:08 AM »
Only because several recruiting analysts/followers have repeated the same thing. That being, that "something"happened and Foster went to Tuscaloosa. I wouldn't call that an unfounded internet rumor but that's just me. That and the fact that it seems strange that he would leave for Tuscaloosa in the midst of our biggest recruiting weekend.

My weekend was made with  Lawson anyway.

according to hokanson, we Peyton Barber just committed to us tonight--switched from Ole Piss. Could use one more RB (Ford) for this class for 3.

Give me Ford, Corn or Walton.  With Blakey leaving and having Mason and Grant, we need some backs this class.  Barber, Corn, Ford and Payne would be a good haul.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2013, 08:29:37 AM »
A player like Foster (assuming he's not a head case, or major pre madonna that causes team issues) is a major pick up or loss if we don't get him.  That said, we got a decent class shaping up, and I think Prowler is correct that signing day will be a pretty good day when all is said and done.
He definitely has a lot of potential and the experts have him up there for a reason. He was not nearly as dominating in the one game that I saw him play. Looked like a good HS player and not much more. It won't surprise me either way he goes. I'm thinking he prolly announces Bama and signs AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2013, 08:31:05 AM »
Give me Ford, Corn or Walton.  With Blakey leaving and having Mason and Grant, we need some backs this class.  Barber, Corn, Ford and Payne would be a good haul.
Me too. Both of these will make for a fantastic RB class. I'm thinking Walton sticks with USCe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »
Should make for an interesting day tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2013, 09:03:51 AM »
A player like Foster (assuming he's not a head case, or major pre madonna that causes team issues) is a major pick up or loss if we don't get him.  That said, we got a decent class shaping up, and I think Prowler is correct that signing day will be a pretty good day when all is said and done.
Certainly starting to sound like it..

Justin Hokanson‏ @JHokanson
Message from Carl Lawson he wanted shared: "AU is going to finish this class 10 times better than anyone will imagine. That's a promise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2013, 09:13:50 AM »
Certainly starting to sound like it..

Justin Hokanson‏ @JHokanson
Message from Carl Lawson he wanted shared: "AU is going to finish this class 10 times better than anyone will imagine. That's a promise.

I'm imagining we finish #10 in the country.  I'll be expecting banners when we get the #1 recruiting class. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2013, 10:08:53 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2013, 11:04:37 AM »
Soild pick up.  If anyone hasn't watched this kids film, do yourself a favor and watch.  Still trying to figure out why he isn't rated higher.

5'11" 222.  Rushed for almost 2,000 yards and had 25 TD's.  Yeah, I'd say he needs to be bumped up a bit.  Oh wait, he wasn't considering Bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2013, 11:15:47 AM »
Should make for an interesting day tomorrow.
What's tomorrow?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2013, 11:18:07 AM »
What's tomorrow?

The day before Wednesday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2013, 11:33:29 AM »
What's tomorrow?

NSD for simps seed carriers. I'm signing a full class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2013, 11:36:56 AM »
NSD for simps seed carriers. I'm signing a full class.
I thought that was everyday?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2013, 11:44:49 AM »
I thought that was everyday?

Truth be told, I have been suffering from several years of self imposed sanctions. This is the first year in a while that all available slot openings will be filled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2013, 12:04:46 PM »
Someone tell me what's what on all this.  I thought the SEC had adopted this new rule of a hard maximum number of croots at, what was it...28?  IE, Letters of Intent max of 28.  And then, of course, you can only actually "sign" (that is enroll in the fall) 25 (max of 85 on Scholarship) per NCAA ruls.  Is my understanding of the current rules correct? 

Yet UGA currently has 30, and aTm has 32.  I know these are verbals, and the SEC rule only applies to LOI's on signing day and the NCAA rule to number enrolling on scholarship, but seems to me that some of the kids we're after are considering classes that are full, or over full.  LSU is at 27, UF 25, and bammer at 22.  We only have 20, and are currently ranked 11th (Rivals...and I'm not sure how they factor in the JUCOs to that ranking). 

Seems to me like NSD sets up pretty nice for us to finish very strong, and it's not a bad class right now, except needing LBs in a big way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2013, 12:24:33 PM »
Someone tell me what's what on all this.  I thought the SEC had adopted this new rule of a hard maximum number of croots at, what was it...28?  IE, Letters of Intent max of 28.  And then, of course, you can only actually "sign" (that is enroll in the fall) 25 (max of 85 on Scholarship) per NCAA ruls.  Is my understanding of the current rules correct? 

Yet UGA currently has 30, and aTm has 32.  I know these are verbals, and the SEC rule only applies to LOI's on signing day and the NCAA rule to number enrolling on scholarship, but seems to me that some of the kids we're after are considering classes that are full, or over full.  LSU is at 27, UF 25, and bammer at 22.  We only have 20, and are currently ranked 11th (Rivals...and I'm not sure how they factor in the JUCOs to that ranking). 

Seems to me like NSD sets up pretty nice for us to finish very strong, and it's not a bad class right now, except needing LBs in a big way.

Rules?  We don't need no stinking rules.  Honestly have no idea about the numbers other than signing 25.  As for linebackers, if we can get Walton in addition to Cameron Toney, we'll add two bad ass LB's with good size. The more I think of this past season and what we had at LB, the more I  :facepalm:

Think about it.  We played in the SEC West with Jake Holland (Speaks for itself) Darren Bates, a converted safety lucky to tip the scales at 210 soaking wet....and Jonathan Evans, maybe 220 and a total non-factor.  Rarely, if ever, heard his name called.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »
Rules?  We don't need no stinking rules.  Honestly have no idea about the numbers other than signing 25.  As for linebackers, if we can get Walton in addition to Cameron Toney, we'll add two bad ass LB's with good size. The more I think of this past season and what we had at LB, the more I  :facepalm:

Think about it.  We played in the SEC West with Jake Holland (Speaks for itself) Darren Bates, a converted safety lucky to tip the scales at 210 soaking wet....and Jonathan Evans, maybe 220 and a total non-factor.  Rarely, if ever, heard his name called.   

I can't figure the rules out at all.

Apparently, you can still back count your recruits.  So if you enrolled 20 last year, you can enroll 30 this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2013, 12:30:29 PM »
I have some inside info. Keep this here. Reuben Foster committing is 50/50.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

JR4AU

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2013, 12:34:09 PM »
I can't figure the rules out at all.

Apparently, you can still back count your recruits.  So if you enrolled 20 last year, you can enroll 30 this year.

Someone can correct this if wrong, but you can never "enroll" more than 25 in the fall regardless.  The backcounting I think applies to the SEC rule of 28.  Again, there's so many rules, and a seperate set for bammer, so it's hard to keep up.

JUCOs that enroll early, can be counted back to last year's class if there are slots available in the 25 limit.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 12:43:39 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2013, 12:34:54 PM »
I have some inside info. Keep this here. Reuben Foster committing is 50/50.

PM me. I have some premo shit on our chances with Adams. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions