dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

Re: Done! Upton Officially a Brave
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:13:12 AM »
I always bitch about the Braves never making deals like these.  Now I regret it.  Don't get me wrong, Justin Upton was a strong pickup, but damn I can't believe we gave up Prado for him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 11:53:17 AM »
I always bitch about the Braves never making deals like these.  Now I regret it.  Don't get me wrong, Justin Upton was a strong pickup, but damn I can't believe we gave up Prado for him.
I really liked Prado too-thought Bourne might have been the next difference maker and hoping this might have a sorta RH bat "Crimedog" effect to the lineup in the three hole. Guess we'll see!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 12:05:13 PM »
I'm satisfied with the starting rotation.  I was ok with not trying to get a big arm because I think Medlen has shown enough to eventually be the ace.  I'm satisfied with the bullpen, although Venters had some bad innings last year.  I think he'll get it turned around. 

Upton is a big pickup, but I wanted to pick up a solid left fielder without having to give up Prado.  I think we had plenty of power, Prado is a perfect #2 guy in the lineup and has been for a couple of years now.  I think we are gonna miss that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 12:18:47 PM »
I'm satisfied with the starting rotation.  I was ok with not trying to get a big arm because I think Medlen has shown enough to eventually be the ace.  I'm satisfied with the bullpen, although Venters had some bad innings last year.  I think he'll get it turned around. 

Upton is a big pickup, but I wanted to pick up a solid left fielder without having to give up Prado.  I think we had plenty of power, Prado is a perfect #2 guy in the lineup and has been for a couple of years now.  I think we are gonna miss that.
You're right. And as a day to day follower I know I'll miss him but there's always a chance that they can boost the two spot as late as the July deadline if need be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 10:27:03 PM »

I still kept forgetting we lost Hansen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 10:31:55 PM »
I still kept forgetting we lost Hansen.

Honestly, he was one that I was ready to ship.  I loved the guy, but Mark Lemke could steal home with his windup.  And consistency was always his issue.  Of course, he'll probably win 20 games this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 11:03:44 PM »
Honestly, he was one that I was ready to ship.  I loved the guy, but Mark Lemke could steal home with his windup.  And consistency was always his issue.  Of course, he'll probably win 20 games this season.
I miss us trading Hansen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Token

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 11:28:20 PM »
I miss us trading Hansen?

Yes, Tommy Hanson was traded to the Angels for a bullpen arm.  Most likely our new setup guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 10:17:19 AM »
Losing Hansen didn't bug me.  He had a some good moments but I was never really that impressed with him.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 10:56:54 AM »
I can't spell...and I don't care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 11:24:56 AM »
I can't spell...and I don't care.
I started that fire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 11:28:30 AM »
Oom Bop
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."