Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dee Liner Decommits

Dee Liner Decommits
« on: January 14, 2013, 08:26:12 PM »
Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson
BREAKING: Five-star Muscle Shoals (Ala.) DL Dee Liner has de-committed from #Auburn, he tells me. Story. http://bit.ly/10vgO4W  @Rivals
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Dee Liner Decommits
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 08:41:29 PM »
See ya!  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 10:19:52 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 11:05:14 PM »
I'm tired of hearing about the MF myself. Good riddance.  :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 12:44:15 AM »
Not just decommit, but "no longer considering."

That's garbage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 01:27:57 AM »
This has been rumored since the day Chizik was fired, Bye.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 05:24:44 AM »
This has been rumored since the day Chizik was fired, Bye.
That's right. It's becoming a tradition for several high profile prospects to use Auburn as a sort of safety net, out of the fray until the recruiting period starts winding down. And I was planning a parade followed by a party in his honor.
What am I gonna do with all the strippers and blow?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 08:50:29 AM »
That's right. It's becoming a tradition for several high profile prospects to use Auburn as a sort of safety net, out of the fray until the recruiting period starts winding down. And I was planning a parade followed by a party in his honor.

PM me that address please.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 08:55:11 AM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/01/4-star_defensive_lineman_dee_l.html

"Alabama is one of my favorites, but my de-committing from Auburn has nothing to do with Alabama," Liner told AuburnSports.

Yeah right. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:58:42 AM by TheSix »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 08:57:02 AM »

PM me that address please.

He means cocaine, not what he'll be doing.  It's not that kind of party.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 09:20:59 AM »
So much I want to say but screw it.  I hate the whole recruiting process. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 09:29:41 AM »
He denied all this on twitter just days ago. Then does it. Screw this head case. Reading his posts, this guy still has character issues. He's liar. He constantly talks about going out and partying and also "getting some". And will then reference God in the next post. He's Zeke Pike x 10.  I'm fine with it. I truly believe this guy is bad news.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 09:31:57 AM »
He denied all this on twitter just days ago. Then does it. Screw this head case. Reading his posts, this guy still has character issues. He's liar. He constantly talks about going out and partying and also "getting some". And will then reference God in the next post. He's Zeke Pike x 10.  I'm fine with it. I truly believe this guy is bad news.

Until Saban saves him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 09:33:11 AM »
Remember this?  Wonder what Jeffrey will write when Kee-Kee-Dee announces to Bama?

Auburn should rescind offer to troubled lineman Dee Liner
Published: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 7:24 AM     Updated: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 7:41 AM
Jeff Sentell -- The Birmingham News

Dee Liner is the best lineman in Alabama this year. He's committed to Auburn and sought after by every school in the country.

He's almost 6-foot-3 and 277 pounds. The Muscle Shoals senior is the right kind of nasty and he's blessed with a rare explosion off the ball.

But Liner is currently not practicing football. He walked off the practice field last Thursday and had yet to rejoin his team as of Wednesday's practice.

As far as the world knows, he still has a scholarship offer to play at Auburn.

Muscle Shoals coach Scott Basden told the Florence Times Daily last week that Liner was suspended indefinitely but would not go into detail beyond a comment: "We are more concerned with helping Dee Liner as a person than (as) a football player."

Liner is simply a 5-star student right now. He's akin to a tennis, soccer or musical prodigy who found a scholarship path outside of a transcript. There's nothing implied to his offer that says he must represent a high school team in any way.

That was just always implicit with no alternate proving ground to show one's worth than on Friday night.

In all honesty, Liner doesn't need his high school coach or Trojan teammates. He's gotten his. Maybe he's come to the realization he doesn't need to play at all. He really doesn't if his future college choice will still welcome him to campus with open arms.

That's the first of many reasons why Auburn should rescind its scholarship offer and wish him the best.

Huh? Was that written by someone who snaked a few fingers around the buckles of a strait jacket?

If Liner is released from a nonbinding spoken pledge to attend Auburn, of course another BCS program would take his commitment in the time it takes to say "second chance."

Liner is that talented a chip in the business of college football. Defensive linemen of his stock are what separate the SEC from the rest of the Top 25. There just comes a point where it has to be about more than ability.

Liner has not had a summer to be proud of. The Florence Times Daily reported he was arrested for two misdemeanors. The first was for verbally confronting a police officer during a traffic stop on July 1. The second was for trespassing in a Sheffield city pool during the early morning on July 10.

The popular notion was that Liner got arrested in the community he moved away from to go to school and play for Muscle Shoals. There are some gray areas to those stories.

Count me among a long line of boys guilty of sneaking into a closed swimming pool growing up.

That said, if you combine those run-ins with the practice walkout it is not so easily rationalized as boys being boys.

His Twitter timeline after last week's events shows he has some growing up to do.

What is most troubling about the story is the lack of commitment to his former team.

Do you want a kid who decided it was not important to represent his community on campus? Muscle Shoals was even rated No. 2 in 5A in the Alabama Sports Writers Association's preseason poll.

If Liner loves football, how can he just walk out on his team? What happened to being a part of something greater than one's self? That line belongs on a Hallmark card when it comes to the talent race, right? It is still fundamental to the team chemistry that breeds championship football.

Every day that goes by that Liner does not practice for his high school and still has a scholarship offer at Auburn sends a pointed message. It strips authority from Basden and every peer who will coach an elite prospect.

If Liner could walk away from his team and go straight to the SEC upon graduation, the next Dee Liner could legitimately ask why play high school ball once I'm committed to my dream school?

The notion to drop Liner came from a respected area coach. It made immediate sense. But this coach was worried about implications on his program if he spoke out negatively against Auburn.

If Gene Chizik and his staff released this trophy back into the ocean, a rival could snatch him up and put him on the field against Auburn. Liner could take over that game.

Is taking that short-term loss worth a long-term gain with every high school coach in America who sees Auburn showing it cares more about the roots of the game than a Redwood sprouting up out of the Quad Cities?

Liner is a rare talent, but there will be other elite defensive linemen to recruit.

That's the point. The high school-to-college football path needs to be redefined before everything starts to look like AAU basketball or travel softball.

As it stands, football was probably the lone remaining sport where no club or travel team developed the necessary skills to attract scholarship attention.

Is that changing? This could be the start or the end of it.

Until that day comes, all those who favor college programs waiting until the start of a prospect's senior year to even accept an oral commitment have a little more validation for that case
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 09:35:27 AM »
Until Saban saves him.

Maybe. But I know we just cleaned house on a staff that fostered an environment with guys like this one. No thanks. Not right for us. I don't give a damn how many stars he has. Guys like him spread like a cancer in locker room. If sabynz wants to whip him into shape, more power to him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 09:37:45 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 09:46:40 AM »
Look guys, Dee said Bama doesn't have anything to do with his decision to decommit from The university of Auburn. Why would anyone question this? We should just be happy he graced us with his commitment for a few weeks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 09:52:25 AM »
Until Saban saves him.
Can't wait for Jeff Sentell to write that piece.

Bittersweet, I guess.

On the one hand, I'm glad he didn't pull this shit on NSD, as supposedly he had told a billion people he would. At least now we can work to replace him and not pick up last-minute garbage. Funny how every year a couple of our top recruits just hang out on our commit list and then (usually) switch over right on signing day, sabotaging our class. I'm sure that's these kids' decision, and they're not being fed the idea to play dirty pool by anyone. Every year. Tr'dition.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall at whatever transpired to make him change his mind last night instead of NSD, as planned. Did an Auburn coach call him on his bullshit? One would think if they were that sure he was going to defect, they would have pulled his offer. Unless they put some other demands on him and he refused.

And fuck this kid for turning his back on the team who not only got in on him early, but defended him when every fucking member of the Alabama media, let alone the Bama fanbase, was tearing him a new asshole a la the article posted above. And Finebaum. And Karle. And every local affiliate yokel asshole. He goes and joins forces with the very people who were set on destroying his career before it began? Baffling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 09:54:29 AM »
Look guys, Dee said Bama doesn't have anything to do with his decision to decommit from The university of Auburn. Why would anyone question this? We should just be happy he graced us with his commitment for a few weeks.

We are not beneath him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 09:58:53 AM »
Can't wait for Jeff Sentell to write that piece.

Bittersweet, I guess.

On the one hand, I'm glad he didn't pull this shit on NSD, as supposedly he had told a billion people he would. At least now we can work to replace him and not pick up last-minute garbage. Funny how every year a couple of our top recruits just hang out on our commit list and then (usually) switch over right on signing day, sabotaging our class. I'm sure that's these kids' decision, and they're not being fed the idea to play dirty pool by anyone. Every year. Tr'dition.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall at whatever transpired to make him change his mind last night instead of NSD, as planned. Did an Auburn coach call him on his bullshit? One would think if they were that sure he was going to defect, they would have pulled his offer. Unless they put some other demands on him and he refused.

And fuck this kid for turning his back on the team who not only got in on him early, but defended him when every fucking member of the Alabama media, let alone the Bama fanbase, was tearing him a new asshole a la the article posted above. And Finebaum. And Karle. And every local affiliate yokel asshole. He goes and joins forces with the very people who were set on destroying his career before it began? Baffling.

Crack back block.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions