Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

When you complain about a player's play

JR4AU

When you complain about a player's play
« on: January 12, 2013, 05:32:10 PM »
Remember complaining about this guy's play, and think about him compared to Jake?

He's on the Raven's active roster for the playoffs,  playing ILB and special teams.

http://www.nfl.com/player/joshbynes/2530491/profile

Oh my, wouldn't I take him back today!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 05:34:40 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: When you complain about a player's play
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 05:57:45 PM »
He tackled his own man during a kick return today.

But I would take Josh back in a crack head's heartbeat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 06:00:37 PM »

Jake would be better than Josh in that situation, since he would have wiffed and missed his own returner

But, who has the better hair?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 06:06:53 PM »

Yep, saw that.  Still, he's on a playoff roster.  Not bad for an undrafted guy.  Just goes to show you about karma.  Complain about a guy that is/was a serviceable SEC LB, and the football Gods will show you what real suckage is with a player like Jake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 06:33:58 PM »
I never was impressed with Bynes. Obviously, some NFL scouts don't know as much about football as I do. Bynes vs. Jake, Bynes all day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 06:36:26 PM »
I never was impressed with Bynes. Obviously, some NFL scouts don't know as much about football as I do. Bynes vs. Jake, Bynes all day.
I don't know how to take this.
 :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 06:43:44 PM »
Yep, saw that.  Still, he's on a playoff roster.  Not bad for an undrafted guy.  Just goes to show you about karma.  Complain about a guy that is/was a serviceable SEC LB, and the football Gods will show you what real suckage is with a player like Jake.
What a silly notion

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 12:22:30 AM »
I only complain about players when it's obvious that they shouldn't be in a Auburn uniform and are just taking a scholarship away from someone else that would do a better job than they are (Mark Pera, AJ Greene, Chad Slade, Clint Moseley & Neiko Thorpe, off the top of my head)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 04:23:43 AM »
I only complain about players when it's obvious that they shouldn't be in a Auburn uniform and are just taking a scholarship away from someone else that would do a better job than they are (Mark Pera, AJ Greene, Chad Slade, Clint Moseley & Neiko Thorpe, off the top of my head)
Bynes is maybe 3/4 step slow, fair pass defender and a hardened sure tackler.
The Holland kid is just overmatched at this level but it's the best he can do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 10:13:09 AM »
I seriously wonder how much of these guys bad play can be laid at the feet of shitty coaching. Shitty coaching can lead to a player being out of position and appearing to be slow and over matched. Hell Nieko Thorpe was burned on almost everytime a deepball was thrown his way. And yet he is on a NFL roster for the 2nd year in a row. Something there doesn't add up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 10:25:50 AM »
I seriously wonder how much of these guys bad play can be laid at the feet of shitty coaching. Shitty coaching can lead to a player being out of position and appearing to be slow and over matched. Hell Nieko Thorpe was burned on almost everytime a deepball was thrown his way. And yet he is on a NFL roster for the 2nd year in a row. Something there doesn't add up.

Good point. Does our current coaching staff have the ability to turn things around before September?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 11:37:35 AM »
Good point. Does our current coaching staff have the ability to turn things around before September?
I think so. Consider our staffs SEC experience is equal to Moses in terms of years coaching, I don't schemes and such will be an issue. Also considering how highly rated most of these players were coming out of high school, I don't think talent is an issue.

However, I think the main thing that stands in our coaching staffs way is player discipline. When you got ass wipes like Justin Garrett tweeting out that the players are gonna have a party in honor of no more curfew the day after Chizik is fired says alot about where these guys heads are. You'd think the MFers would be so embarrassed by the shit show they put on the field last year they would be hitting the gym, not the club. I think thats where Mr. Gardner and Craig will play a vital role with these guys. Maybe they can finally convince these bunch a prima donnnas to take a little fucking pride when they put that orange and blue jersey on. Also, maybe they can convince them that its not about doing whats in their best interest but its about doing whats in the best interest of the team. Imo, that is the challenge Gus and crew face this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 12:07:21 PM »
You'd think the MFers would be so embarrassed by the shit show they put on the field last year they would be hitting the gym, not the club.

I see some of them bailing because that's not what they signed up for.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:11:06 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 09:17:32 PM »
I see some of them bailing because that's not what they signed up for.
Exactly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 10:33:39 AM »

This. The only thing I ever complained about Bynes was his lack of explosive speed toward the outside.

I remember thinking that if here were just a step faster, they would be carting some of these guys off the field.

With Jake, it's like, "damn. If he could just get over there and hang on, help might come. Damn. Too late. Again."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.