Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Haymakers After a Bowl Game

Haymakers After a Bowl Game
« on: January 16, 2013, 01:20:54 PM »
A "flat-out brawl" broke out in USC's football locker room after the Trojans' 21-7 loss to Georgia Tech in the Sun Bowl, multiple sources have told ESPN.

The altercation, initially reported by the Los Angeles Daily News, began when one of the team's younger players was "bad-mouthing Matt Barkley." The player questioned why the quarterback did not play and challenged USC's collective senior leadership.

The Herd with Colin Cowherd
USC QB Matt Barkley weighs in on Chip Kelly, the incident that occurred following the Trojans' loss in the Sun Bowl, Lane Kiffin, Marqise Lee and more.

More Podcasts »

Several other upperclassmen, including senior safety T.J. McDonald, came to Barkley's defense, the sources said. A security guard confirmed only that "tempers flared," but other sources told ESPN that "it was haymakers."

According to the Daily News, freshman offensive tackle Zach Banner would not discuss the incident but did say, "It's going to be a whole new family atmosphere next season and you can quote me on that. For the seniors, it's terrible."

Coach Lane Kiffin could not be reached for comment by the Daily News.

Barkley, a one-time Heisman Trophy contender, did not play in the bowl game because of an injury to his shoulder. He was ruled out by the team's medical staff and previously missed USC's regular-season finale against Notre Dame after suffering the injury in the Nov. 17 game vs. UCLA.

Barkley's absence was one thread in a season full of disappointment for USC. The Trojans were the top-ranked team in the preseason but struggled mightily, finishing 7-6 overall and 5-4 in the Pac-12. Several players in USC's 2013 recruiting class -- ranked No. 6 by ESPN.com after once being ranked No. 1 -- also decommitted, including Max Redfield, the No. 2 athlete in the ESPN 150, wide receivers Eldridge Massington and Sebastian LaRue, and defensive tackle Eddie Vanderdoes, ranked No. 10 in the ESPN 150.

My first prediction for 2013 is that Lane Kiffin is fired. 

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college-football/story/_/id/8849887/usc-trojans-scuffle-post-bowl-defeat-sources-say
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Haymakers After a Bowl Game
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 01:45:00 PM »
My first prediction for 2013 is that Lane Kiffin is fired. 

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college-football/story/_/id/8849887/usc-trojans-scuffle-post-bowl-defeat-sources-say

Well I am sure Jerry will make room for him since we got his tired ass old man for a new DC out here.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 01:52:04 PM »
Heard some report today that a recruit and his dad are pissed with Kiffy after the kid did what he had to do to finish and enroll early...then Lane says, "Not so fast my friend."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »
Heard some report today that a recruit and his dad are pissed with Kiffy after the kid did what he had to do to finish and enroll early...then Lane says, "Not so fast my friend."

I read that, maybe him and Tommy can team up for the scholarship- no-scholarship team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 05:53:30 AM »
Everywhere Kiffin has been has been burnt to the ground as he exists.

USC (OC)
Oakland (HC)
Tennessee (HC)
USC (HC)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs