Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

LB Commit

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
LB Commit
« on: April 17, 2013, 10:47:36 AM »
copied then Elmer's Glued from al.kum

Anyone with good info on this guy.  I do know he just got his second star.

When Vigor High linebacker Deshaun Davis arrived at school on Wednesday, there was a phone call for him from Auburn support staff member (and former Vigor offensive coordinator) Brent Dearmon.

"He put coach (Gus) Malzahn on the phone and he told me he wanted to offer me a scholarship and wanted me to come play middle linebacker for him," Davis said. "I told him I was coming. I didn't waste any more time about that."

Davis, who became Auburn's fourth commitment in the 2014 class on Wednesday morning, is a three-star prospect according to Rivals.com and a four-star according to 247 Sports. He also had offers from LSU, Tennessee, South Carolina, Florida State, Clemson, Kentucky, Texas Tech and Northern Illinois. He'd visited Auburn twice this spring without getting an offer from the Tigers, but never gave up on landing one.

"I thought they were going to offer me there, but (Malzahn) told me he had a to work out another situation," Davis said. "Coach (Dameyune) Craig told me if I wanted to come to Auburn to be patient. ... That's where I want to be."

The offer comes with another Auburn linebacker target, Carver-Montgomery's Shaun Dion Hamilton, set to announce his choice between the Tigers, Alabama and Tennessee today. But Davis said he doesn't think that was the situation to which Malzahn had referred.

"He told me right now they didn't know how many linebackers they were going to take," he said.

Davis said he is on track to qualify academically, but has not yet decided whether he will try to graduate early and go to the Plains as an early enrollee. Now that he knows where he's going, Davis said it's time to work on a couple of his friends -- Vigor teammate Justin Thornton, a four-star defensive end, and St. Paul's linebaclker Tre Williams, a former park-ball teammate who is one of the top prospects in the state.

"I'm definitely going to stay in (Thornton's) ear and of course, me and Tre grew up together," Davis said. "It would be like old times."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: LB Commit
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 11:35:13 AM »
Hamilton must be gone...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

noxin

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 11:35:49 AM »
Hamilton must be gone...

and here comes the backup plan......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 11:37:04 AM »
Gee, look who predicted he'd go to Alabama.  al.kumface

Carver-Montgomery linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton is set to announce his college decision at his school at 11:30 on Wednesday, choosing between his three finalists of Alabama, Auburn and Tennessee. The 6-foot-1, 240-pound defender has taken unofficial visits to all three schools this spring, most recently visiting both Tuscaloosa and Auburn over the weekend before competing in the Atlanta Nike Camp.

Which school will Hamilton choose? Our AL.com experts give their predictions:

Wes Sinor
PREDICTION: Auburn

According to 247Sports, Hamilton has made four total visits to Alabama and 13 to Auburn. His final visit was spent on The Plains, which leads me to believe the Tigers are in the lead for Hamilton. Also, former teammate Jeremy Johnson has signed with the Tigers and has been known to try and swing his friends to Auburn, which is less than 60 miles from Montgomery.

Mike Herndon
PREDICTION: Auburn

It's just a hunch, but I have a feeling Auburn might be the choice for Hamilton. He has said he grew up an Auburn fan, his former teammate Jeremy Johnson will be there and all he has to do is watch last year's game films to know he could play early.

Matt Scalici
PREDICTION: Alabama

Auburn has plenty of factors in its favor when it comes to Hamilton, but hearing him speak about the Alabama defense and the Crimson Tide's history of sending defensive players to the NFL leaves me with a nagging feeling that Hamilton's head wins out over his heart in this decision.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 12:05:34 PM »
Anyone have access to finding out what Hamilton's decision will be?  He announces in about 30 minutes.  Gotta' think we have a great shot.  13 visits...last visit to AU....and JJ already committed. 

I know that doesn't compare to the REC.  But, we have a shot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 12:39:09 PM »
Anyone have access to finding out what Hamilton's decision will be?  He announces in about 30 minutes.  Gotta' think we have a great shot.  13 visits...last visit to AU....and JJ already committed. 

I know that doesn't compare to the REC.  But, we have a shot.
I thought I read 12:30 est.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 12:40:22 PM »
I thought I read 12:30 est.

Oh, you may be right.  I guess we have a little more time to.......Hey wait a minute.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 12:44:15 PM »
Oh, you may be right.  I guess we have a little more time to.......Hey wait a minute.....
All collard stirring aside, this would be a very big get. We need the depth. Saw the kid play and he looked solid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 12:53:15 PM »
But he really wasn't that good and I am not sure he had a commitable offer from us. We had others higher on our list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 12:55:28 PM »
More from al.kum on our commit from Vigor.  Just watched some film on him and the guy is a sure tackler that hits hard.  138 tackles is pretty stout.  220 now.  230-235 by the time he gets to AU.  Plus, he should lose all his stars if his commitment stays firm.

Auburn picked up its first defensive commitment for the recruiting class of 2014 on Wednesday when Vigor linebacker Deshaun Davis committed to Auburn shortly after receiving a scholarship offer from head coach Gus Malzahn.
"Just committed to Auburn!" Davis confirmed via text to AL.com's Mike Herndon.

Davis, a 6-foot, 220-pound linebacker rated a 3-star prospect by the 247Composite rankings, chose the Tigers over offers from 10 other schools, including LSU, Florida State and Tennessee among others.

As a junior, Davis compiled 138 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, a sack, two interceptions and six forced fumbles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 01:15:45 PM »
Hamilton to REC
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 01:26:07 PM »
Hamilton to REC
that's what my yadda yadda above was about. Must've been the reason behind the kid from Prichard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 01:34:35 PM »
Hamilton to REC

Hammer.  It be comin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 02:03:24 PM »
I LOVE IT!!!!! Wednesday morning, Hamilton contacts the coaches to let them know where he's going. Auburn wasn't the pick, so they call up another instate four star Middle LB, offer him, he commits on the spot to Auburn over 20 other Universities...hours before Hamilton commits to uat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 02:25:45 PM »
that's what my yadda yadda above was about. Must've been the reason behind the kid from Prichard.

Oh, I'm sorry.  I thought you knew I don't read your posts. 

I keed.  It's what I do, no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions