Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lemon Ear Declaring For the Draft

Re: Lemon Ear Declaring For the Draft
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 06:47:19 PM »
I think he's going to a beast.  He dominated in 2011 when our defense was awful.  He has insane speed on passing situations and plays smart. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 06:55:19 AM »
I'm hoping the new staff will have a different mindset about what constitutes a prototypical (SEC) LB and DE. I'm not sure how it started but Auburn at least in the past recruited LBs in the 225# range and under and it was like this unwritten rule that any defensive athlete over 240 was considered more of an end.
I'm also not going to get into the whole three man-four man front or stand-up, hand in the grass thing but Auburn has had a number of drafted pass rushing ends that did not have the skills that translated into a long term NFL career as a LB due mainly to the lack of cover skills.

From the looks of it we were headed in that direction in this upcoming signing class. The smallish LBers started right around the time Coach Tuberville came. I'm guessing it had more to do with the style of Defense being installed.  With CEJ's 4-2-5/3-4/4-3/3-3-5 I think we'll see the bigger LBers with the faster/smaller ones going into the Prowler position.

IMO, Corey Lemonier, Dee Ford & Craig Sanders would've been better suited at LB (they don't seem to have enough strength to get off blocks...of course that could've been lack of coaching technique).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 09:28:49 AM »
Seems like a smart decision to me.   Lets see stay on shitty Auburn team...or make money in NFL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 10:38:21 AM »
I know the NFL scouts will evaluate players by far different standards than going by what they did at the college level.  And by all accounts, Lemonier should do well when measured according to his physical ability.  That being said, he completely disappeared after two games this season.  I have no idea why.  If it was injuries, I get it.  If he wasn't injured, I have to believe he mailed it in like so many others on the team.  In games against Climpsum and MSU, he was flat out disruptive.  Even if he didn't get to the QB, he was right there, forcing him out of the pocket. I honestly can't recall a single play he made after the MSU game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 11:17:25 AM »
I know the NFL scouts will evaluate players by far different standards than going by what they did at the college level.  And by all accounts, Lemonier should do well when measured according to his physical ability.  That being said, he completely disappeared after two games this season.  I have no idea why.  If it was injuries, I get it.  If he wasn't injured, I have to believe he mailed it in like so many others on the team.  In games against Climpsum and MSU, he was flat out disruptive.  Even if he didn't get to the QB, he was right there, forcing him out of the pocket. I honestly can't recall a single play he made after the MSU game.

As I posted in this thread earlier, he had 5 of his 5.5 sacks in the first 4 games.  He had 2 vs LSU (game 4).   The whole team fell apart after that game, and it is a team game.  Did he mail it in?  I have no idea.  I know this, he was our only thing resembling a defensive threat, and I have no doubt that teams, through film study, did something to take him out of the mix as at that time, he was on pace to have 16 sacks on the season.   He also had no stats available for the Ole Miss game (game 6) which could indicate an injury.  All his numbers dropped off significantly after games 4 and 5.  Why?  Your guess is as good as any, but just a guess.  And, it matters not now really. 

Your first sentence is spot on.  They don't give a shit what happened this past season.  They're looking for physical skills they can measure.   

It may be a bit of an extreme example, but Jimmy Graham, TE Saints played one season of college football, and had a total of 17 Rec for 213 yds and 5 TDs.   He was a 3rd round pick based almost solely on measurable physical ability. 

Antonio Gates, TE Chargers, never played a down of college football, in part because when he went to Mich. St. to play both Football and Bball, the mighty midget named Saban wouldn't let him do both. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 11:18:29 AM »
First Round pick. :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.