Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn Signs #1 JUCO OG

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Auburn Signs #1 JUCO OG
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 05:08:15 PM »
Wondering why anyone thinks this kid made that story up. Any actual reason besides Tub love?

I think it's about 50/50 or 46%. Tubs' explanation was that he was making the rounds.  Visiting everyone and not babysitting each recruit because they'd be there all weekend.  He just visited with them at the table, ate and left.  But then, he tells Tim Brando that everything with the Cincy job came about in the matter of one phone call.

I'm home on a Saturday.  Cincy AD, an old friend, calls and asks if I have recommendations for head coach.  One thing led to another and he asks me if I'm interested.  Hey, my wife is from those parts.  Let me ask her....hold on...Hon, how'd you like to move to Ohio?  You would?  Okay, I'm back.  You got yourself a deal.

:taunt:  Whatev, Tommy.  I loved CTT as our coach.  He did some great things at AU.  But, he's just like the rest of them, if not worse.  I'll only leave Ole Miss in a pine box.  Gone!!!  Played AU for more $$$ just about every year.  Took a 52 squazillion dollar severance package from AU...went into business and got fraud charges slapped on himself.  Goes to TT and suddenly, in one phone call, he's jetting off to Cincinnati.  And people worried about Bobby Petrino?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 05:12:57 PM »
I just turned my hat around backward.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 05:42:01 PM »
Now THIS....is GANGSTA

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 07:04:11 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 09:16:59 PM »
Glad to get this guy, at the same time, I am thinking that even with Westerman leaving and Mack likely gone (last I heard)--OL is our deepest area. I'm ready to see LB's and CB's feel good about them staying. This still has a chance to be one of the better defensive classes in the nation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 10:07:32 PM »
I think it's about 50/50 or 46%. Tubs' explanation was that he was making the rounds.  Visiting everyone and not babysitting each recruit because they'd be there all weekend.  He just visited with them at the table, ate and left.  But then, he tells Tim Brando that everything with the Cincy job came about in the matter of one phone call.

I'm home on a Saturday.  Cincy AD, an old friend, calls and asks if I have recommendations for head coach.  One thing led to another and he asks me if I'm interested.  Hey, my wife is from those parts.  Let me ask her....hold on...Hon, how'd you like to move to Ohio?  You would?  Okay, I'm back.  You got yourself a deal.

:taunt:  Whatev, Tommy.  I loved CTT as our coach.  He did some great things at AU.  But, he's just like the rest of them, if not worse.  I'll only leave Ole Miss in a pine box.  Gone!!!  Played AU for more $$$ just about every year.  Took a 52 squazillion dollar severance package from AU...went into business and got fraud charges slapped on himself.  Goes to TT and suddenly, in one phone call, he's jetting off to Cincinnati.  And people worried about Bobby Petrino?

THIS....all of it....especially the bold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2012, 05:18:39 AM »

What?
WTF has a pine box and Aunt Sally's pies got to do with Bobby Petrino?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 09:31:04 AM »
What?
WTF has a pine box and Aunt Sally's pies got to do with Bobby Petrino?

Aunt Sally makes a mean celery soup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions