Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Changes Coming

Changes Coming
« on: December 16, 2012, 04:55:08 PM »
Haven' heard anything, haven't seen anything, I just feel it in my bones.  We (by we, I mean Americans) don't care about what's really happening, just that our side wins.  We have the right mix (or wrong mix) right now between voter understanding of issues, people in office, and circumstances in the world today that I can promise you within four years things in our country are going to be extremely different.  In my opinion the ultimate goal of the current US and world governments (and UN) is a one world government.  I can see how a downtrodden society might be in favor, but why are we buying into this?

We are under crippling debt.  States are passing laws that contradict each other (gay marriage) or contradict the federal government (pot laws) and nobody that matters seems to be able find a solution.  Madmen kill their family and children and we have people clamoring to take away a tenth of the bill of rights as a result.  On a more personal note here at Christmas there is a large billboard up in my town telling people that my religion is a myth and not true, but we can't have a Christmas (to be fair, Hannukah or Kwanza either) display up in the city park.  My little boy loves Shrek.  We watched the Shrek Christmas special, he laughed because there was a big green guy farting, I was annoyed watching cartoon characters try to tell each other what Christmas was "really all about" while being sure to tiptoe around anything that might offend somebody.

This isn't a soapbox moment or rant because quite frankly the whole thing just makes me depressed and sad.  I look at my kids (7, 3, and 1) and wonder what's going to be out there for them and how I can keep them from getting inundated by all the crap that TV, news, and the public school system is going to shove down their throat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Re: Changes Coming
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 10:48:17 AM »
Good post. 

I feel like we're in the middle of a historical change, and the cultural traditions of the educated, Christian white male are going to suffer the most. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 10:49:19 AM »
Good post. 

I feel like we're in the middle of a historical change, and the cultural traditions of the educated, Christian white male are going to suffer the most.

It's been in the works for a while.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 10:38:45 PM »
It's been in the works for a while.

Only if you are Republican.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 08:27:33 AM »
Good post. 

It is for this reason I am glad that I didn't get much learnin in school and that I'm black from the waist down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com