Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I lIke It

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
I lIke It
« on: December 14, 2012, 10:15:21 AM »
copypasta al.com

Gotta' like what you read here.  Our coaches are being proactive in trying to keep this class together...and Melton back-pedals

MONTGOMERY, Alabama -- Kamryn Melton has been a surprising standout for Team Alabama this week at practices for the 26th annual Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game.

Melton may not have the high profile of a few of his teammates.  But he's held up well in drills against receivers like fellow Auburn commits Earnest Robinson and Jason Smith, along with Texas A&M commit Cameron Echols-Luper.  "I'm having fun getting out there and getting better," Melton said. "Going against these top receivers, the whole  list of them, I've been working on my backpedal and getting better."

An Auburn commit since February, Melton had a brief moment of pause when Gene Chizik was fired the day after the Iron Bowl.  "It threw me off for a couple of days," Melton said. "But Gus came in and got me back focused, back where I needed to be."  Melton, a three-star cornerback, hasn't talked to new Auburn defensive backs coach Charlie Harbison yet, but that has more to do with a busy schedule in Montgomery this week than a lack of effort.

Melton missed a call from Harbison during a team meeting on Wednesday night, but he's looking forward to talking to Auburn's new man in charge of the secondary. His plan is to visit Clemson and Tennessee, but he's still a strong commitment to Auburn.

A productive three-year starter at Dothan -- he made 64 tackles and two interceptions as a senior after posting 63 tackles and seven pass breakups as a junior -- Melton, listed at 5-foot-11, 170 pounds, has been working on his backpedal in practice. He wants to be faster off the line against a receiver's first steps. Once the route's underway, Melton feels like he has the speed to close on the ball. "I need to work on my quickness in the backpedal," Melton said. "Once I get my hips turned, I'm locking you down."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: I lIke It
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 10:41:11 AM »
"It threw me off for a couple of days," Melton said. "But Gus came in and got me back focused, back where I needed to be." 

Could any of you imagine a recuit calling Coach Dye "Pat"?  Or Coach Bryant "Bear"?

Even if it's "Coach Tubs", that's better than "Tommy"...

I know, I know, kids/lawn... but that just seems disrespectful to me.  If CGM is making a culture change, seems like showing your HC the proper deference is part of it.

Just my $0.02.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 11:07:58 AM »

Could any of you imagine a recuit calling Coach Dye "Pat"?  Or Coach Bryant "Bear"?

I know, I know, kids/lawn... but that just seems disrespectful to me.  If CGM is making a culture change, seems like showing your HC the proper deference is part of it.

Just my $0.02.

He's not on campus yet.

I think that's a case study.  I bet Gene Chizik didn't do much to players coming in that called him Coach Chiz, Coach Gene, or Gene or Chizik.  I wonder how Gus will handle it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 11:13:15 AM »
I wonder how Lord Saybinz deals with players calling him Sugar Daddy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 11:33:11 AM »
He's not on campus yet.

I think that's a case study.  I bet Gene Chizik didn't do much to players coming in. that called him Coach Chiz, Coach Gene, or Gene or Chizik.  I wonder how Gus will handle it.

FTFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Tiger Wench

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 12:59:24 PM »
He's not on campus yet.

I think that's a case study.  I bet Gene Chizik didn't do much to players coming in that called him Coach Chiz, Coach Gene, or Gene or Chizik.  I wonder how Gus will handle it.

I get that he is not a player yet - but still...  I doubt the kid calls his high school coaches "Bob" or "David" or whatever... And I guarantee he would NEVER say "Well, Nick told me everything was a'ight..."   

Maybe the kid is just pulling an ego thing, like he and his presumptive HC are on a first name basis...  I cannot imagine Gus saying "Hey, man, call me Gus..."   :sad:  The boundaries need to be set from the outset.

If I ever heard my son refer to a grown-up in a position of authority in any way other than with proper respect, I would be PISSED.  I don't care if you have known him all your life - it's Mr. ___ or Coach ___ or Pastor ___.  That's polite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 01:11:56 PM »
I get that he is not a player yet - but still...  I doubt the kid calls his high school coaches "Bob" or "David" or whatever... And I guarantee he would NEVER say "Well, Nick told me everything was a'ight..."   

Maybe the kid is just pulling an ego thing, like he and his presumptive HC are on a first name basis...  I cannot imagine Gus saying "Hey, man, call me Gus..."   :sad:  The boundaries need to be set from the outset.

If I ever heard my son refer to a grown-up in a position of authority in any way other than with proper respect, I would be PISSED.  I don't care if you have known him all your life - it's Mr. ___ or Coach ___ or Pastor ___.  That's polite.
Yeah, I can't explain why, but it seems that even we as fans refer to him more often as "Gus" than as "Malzahn". I guess it's just easier to say and spell? Can't think of many other coaches (besides Trooper) that are better known by their first name than their last name.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 01:31:08 PM »
Yeah, I can't explain why, but it seems that even we as fans refer to him more often as "Gus" than as "Malzahn". I guess it's just easier to say and spell? Can't think of many other coaches (besides Trooper) that are better known by their first name than their last name.

Maybe a combination.  JoePa

Shug and Bear were nicknames.   Woody and Bo were first names  that were all you needed to say and you knew that referred to tOSU and Meatchicken. Other names?  Ara?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 01:38:14 PM »
Maybe a combination.  JoePa

Shug and Bear were nicknames.   Woody and Bo were first names  that were all you needed to say and you knew that referred to tOSU and Meatchicken. Other names?  Ara?

We are merely fans - Woody or Bo or JoePa or Dead Man are sufficient for general conversation.  But I bet you a roast beef sammich that you would not call Pat Dye anything to his face but Coach Dye.  And you didn't play for him. 

Listen to former players now - it's "Coach Paterno" and "Coach Bryant" and so on.  But "Gus"?  I don't think so.  If you can't say Malzahn, then "Coach" would do.  But not Gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 01:38:51 PM »
GusMalz
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 01:42:29 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 01:43:50 PM »
We are merely fans - Woody or Bo or JoePa or Dead Man are sufficient for general conversation.  But I bet you a roast beef sammich that you would not call Pat Dye anything to his face but Coach Dye.  And you didn't play for him. 

Listen to former players now - it's "Coach Paterno" and "Coach Bryant" and so on.  But "Gus"?  I don't think so.  If you can't say Malzahn, then "Coach" would do.  But not Gus.

Oh, I wasn't saying the players called them that.  Just thinking of coaches through history known more for a first name or nickname. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 02:05:56 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 02:14:06 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 02:32:07 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 03:13:44 PM »
We got to be down wit it.

ƃ   

We need a gangsta hand sign to go along with it. Black guys, help the white guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 03:40:01 PM »
We need a gangsta hand sign to go along with it. Black guys, help the white guys.

I like goosefraba
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 08:12:26 PM »
He's not on campus yet.

Everybody calls him Gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 09:11:27 PM »

Just my $0.02.
Kid is from Dothan. That splains it. Impoliteness runs rampant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Tiger Wench

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 09:11:53 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions