Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Yox out

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Yox out
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 05:19:20 PM »
I haven't heard him mentioned but we have a lot of mutual friends. He was a great player(UF) and would provide another NFL connection. He's a great guy by all accounts. I think he would be a big hire.
So...get on it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 05:21:08 PM »
Bet she wishes she had:

This girl is cute but that is one of the grossest things I've seen today. I think that's snot coming out of her eye, I really do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 05:22:33 PM »
This girl is cute but that is one of the grossest things I've seen today. I think that's snot coming out of her eye, I really do.

It is.  The caption on the YouTube Video says "I was REALLY sick..."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 06:02:17 PM »
This is what I want...

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 06:05:10 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 06:07:05 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 06:09:10 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012, 06:13:06 PM »
Good move, IMO.  First off, from the standpoint of clearing out the old regime.  Yoxall is, or used to be one of the best in the country.  I went to a couple of his seminars and while I didn't necessarily agree with all of his philosophy on training, he's incredibly knowledgeable and believes whole-heartedly in the way he feels it should be done.  He was also pretty much the enforcer in this program.  If you saw guys running stairs or any other kind of physical "punishment", it was Yoxall standing right there on their ass.

The thing that probably pissed me off as much as anything else the last year or two, was the way our guys too often got physically pushed around.  300+ pounders on the D-line getting their shit pushed in.  320 pound John Sullen getting steamrolled like a little bitch.  When I read articles from Skarbo and hear rumors saying workouts weren't mandatory for everyone and that a lot of Yox's authority to place foot up ass had pretty much been taken away....I tend to bleieve it.  Like many have said, the fear is that if Malzahn and current coaches didn't have the respect of the players before, what makes anyone think they'll develop it now.  Same goes for Yox.  I sincerely doubt any of that is his fault.  But time to clean house and move on.   

We don't know that Gus didn't have the respect of the players. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 06:40:56 PM »
Seeing tweets by lots of former players, mos vocally Lutz, pissed at the Yox firing.

Said the rumor that workouts became optional is utter bullshit and Yox was anything but "the problem".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 06:49:03 PM »
Seeing tweets by lots of former players, mos vocally Lutz, pissed at the Yox firing.

Said the rumor that workouts became optional is utter bullshit and Yox was anything but "the problem".

They need to keep it down home cuz, but if they're going to run their cock holsters, lets hear what the fucking problems were.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 07:20:37 PM »

I thought we already knew Yox wasn't necessarily the problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 07:23:10 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 07:31:32 PM »
They need to keep it down home cuz, but if they're going to run their cock holsters, lets hear what the fucking problems were.

Exactly.

Philip Lutzenkirchen ‏@lutzenkirchen
And workouts were never optional for whoever made that crap up. U missed a workout and u had punishment of pushing a board up the hill.

And what if the head coach determined that the player didn't really "miss" a workout? 

Philip Lutzenkirchen ‏@lutzenkirchen
Yox deserves no blame. He kicked our asses and got us to grind. It pisses me off that he is even getting slack. He's a legend

I agree, Lutz.  I always like Yoxall and thought he was a great S&C coach.  However, the program at Auburn is in utter shambles.  It is in complete disarray.  This is not 2008.  This is 2012.  2012 is the worst team in history.  One of the worst SEC teams in history for any program.  This is beyond bad. 

If Malzahn wants to clean house, he's allowed to do so.  Anything connected to this mess needs to go. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 08:07:58 PM »
Exactly.

And what if the head coach determined that the player didn't really "miss" a workout? 

I agree, Lutz.  I always like Yoxall and thought he was a great S&C coach.  However, the program at Auburn is in utter shambles.  It is in complete disarray.  This is not 2008.  This is 2012.  2012 is the worst team in history.  One of the worst SEC teams in history for any program.  This is beyond bad. 

If Malzahn wants to clean house, he's allowed to do so.  Anything connected to this mess needs to go.
So he can fire Jacobs?  Hooray! :aubie: :aubie: :aubie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 08:47:09 PM »
Some Yox memories:

Travis T-will Williams
LOL! Aye who was with us when Yox put them cameras in the weightroom and caught some guys skipping reps? Yox almost lost it!!! I was scared and didn't even skip reps. LOL!

Travis T-will Williams
I remember Merrill Johnson and Brad Lester got caught with weight in their pants trying to make weight! LMAO!!!!!!!! YoxStories

A.t. Williams Neal I remember pushing the board with a broken leg....Yox had me on a skateboard, lol

Cole Bennett I would go by his office and he would be watching Russian Olympic lifting videos on VHS.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2012, 12:58:04 AM »
Quinton Groves pretty vocal too.

@QuentinGroves:
Ok Malzahn tripping now! Coach Yox is Auburn football!! #FACT
@BenTateRB
True but u cant really blame him tho...no excuses if dnt win
@QuentinGroves:
@BenTateRB na bro..Yox is AUBURN FOOTBALL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2012, 08:22:21 AM »
Never thought Yox was a problem, change is sometimes tough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2012, 08:59:04 AM »
Never thought Yox was a problem, change is sometimes tough.

And Yox may not be a problem, but he may not be the best choice.

Malzahn wants to run an up tempo offense and have an attacking defense.  He needs a particular combination of speed and strength to compete in the SEC. Maybe he feels like he has someone better?

If it is the same guy from Arkansas State, perhaps Malzahn just likes that he's younger and can relate to the players better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2012, 09:31:11 AM »

If it is the same guy from Arkansas State, perhaps Malzahn just likes that he's younger and can relate to the players better.
It is the same guy...he learned under Yox at auburn in 2010 & 2011. He knows the format.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 09:34:20 AM »
Don't think anyone has said Yox was a/the problem. I believe what has come out....been rumored....whatever....is that Yox was the enforcer and a lot of that authority had been taken away or diminished.  Something was very wrong with this program.  Not X's and O's.  This team wasn't strong. They weren't fast and worst of all, they had no heart whatsoever. I have never, ever seen any team, much less Auburn, quit as many times as this team has the last two years.  LSU's fullback publically said they quit.  A Texas A&M player said it was the "Laziest" bunch he'd ever played against. Was Yox a big part of the problem?  I have no clue but this program has become an embarrassment from the President of the University, to the AD, to the head coach all the way down to the players.  Clean em' all the hell out and start over.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2012, 09:46:43 AM »
Don't think anyone has said Yox was a/the problem. I believe what has come out....been rumored....whatever....is that Yox was the enforcer and a lot of that authority had been taken away or diminished.  Something was very wrong with this program.  Not X's and O's.  This team wasn't strong. They weren't fast and worst of all, they had no heart whatsoever. I have never, ever seen any team, much less Auburn, quit as many times as this team has the last two years.  LSU's fullback publically said they quit.  A Texas A&M player said it was the "Laziest" bunch he'd ever played against. Was Yox a big part of the problem?  I have no clue but this program has become an embarrassment from the President of the University, to the AD, to the head coach all the way down to the players.  Clean em' all the hell out and start over.
I still don't think we can truly start over till we get rid of Jackson and Jacobs.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum