dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

Re: Yox out
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 03:43:41 PM »
Give credit where due, he's completely cleaning house it looks like.  Seems to me he realizes sweeping changes are needed.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 03:44:06 PM »
Wow. They really did fire everybody that had a hand in last season...... Except for JJ and TJ that is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 03:52:25 PM »
Wow. They really did fire everybody that had a hand in last season...... Except for JJ and TJ that is.

My guess, JJ was told to fire everyone, with the expectation and hope he'd do the manly thing and fall on his sword, and instead, went and fired everyone to save his own ass.   Tim Jackson is a Dye crony, and thought not technically fired, he effectively was. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 03:53:38 PM »
Tim Jackson is a Dye crony, and thought not technically fired, he effectively was.

Not according to those saying today that Jackson is fucking up the Rocker hire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »
According to the Scout site, Yox is out the door as well

Germans?
Apparently, Gus fired Yox.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »
Germans?

They're here, I just know it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 04:00:11 PM »
Not according to those saying today that Jackson is fucking up the Rocker hire.

Do those saying that have any real skreetz?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 04:07:34 PM »
Do those saying that have any real skreetz?

Not that I know off. I just hope its not true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »
Good move, IMO.  First off, from the standpoint of clearing out the old regime.  Yoxall is, or used to be one of the best in the country.  I went to a couple of his seminars and while I didn't necessarily agree with all of his philosophy on training, he's incredibly knowledgeable and believes whole-heartedly in the way he feels it should be done.  He was also pretty much the enforcer in this program.  If you saw guys running stairs or any other kind of physical "punishment", it was Yoxall standing right there on their ass.

The thing that probably pissed me off as much as anything else the last year or two, was the way our guys too often got physically pushed around.  300+ pounders on the D-line getting their shit pushed in.  320 pound John Sullen getting steamrolled like a little bitch.  When I read articles from Skarbo and hear rumors saying workouts weren't mandatory for everyone and that a lot of Yox's authority to place foot up ass had pretty much been taken away....I tend to bleieve it.  Like many have said, the fear is that if Malzahn and current coaches didn't have the respect of the players before, what makes anyone think they'll develop it now.  Same goes for Yox.  I sincerely doubt any of that is his fault.  But time to clean house and move on.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 04:36:34 PM »
Malzahn and current coaches didn't have the respect of the players before, what makes anyone think they'll develop it now.  Same goes for Yox.  I sincerely doubt any of that is his fault.  But time to clean house and move on.   
Prob my biggest concern is who is going to be the enforcer on this staff. Gus is a tactician. Ellis reminds me of Bro Oliver--a defensive guru. We need a young and energetic ass kicker. I don't know if Rock would fit the mold or not. He would prob hurt people too bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 04:39:36 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised if CGM brings onboard S&C Coach Ryan Russell (worked under Coach Yoxall for a couple years). I would like this move.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 04:52:55 PM »
Watched that and love the intensity.  I'd love to know what his philosophies and training techniques are for the defense as opposed to the O.  It's fine to have your offensive guys ready to run play after play after play.  HUNH.  And while I think the defensive guys need to be ready for the A&M's of the world conditioning-wise, I want my D-linemen 315, built like a tank and squatting school busses.  I want our linebackers playing at 240, shedding the center's block and jacking fuckers up.  Not being drug along the ground with a running back's cleat stuck in their face mask.  You feelin' me Jake?  Bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 04:56:06 PM »
Watched that and love the intensity.  I'd love to know what his philosophies and training techniques are for the defense as opposed to the O.  It's fine to have your offensive guys ready to run play after play after play.  HUNH.  And while I think the defensive guys need to be ready for the A&M's of the world conditioning-wise, I want my D-linemen 315, built like a tank and squatting school busses.  I want our linebackers playing at 240, shedding the center's block and jacking fudgeers up.  Not being drug along the ground with a running back's cleat stuck in their face mask.  You feelin' me Jake?  Bitch.
Reading this makes me want to knock a snot bubble out of somebody. But I just took some Quaaludes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 05:04:27 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised if CGM brings onboard S&C Coach Ryan Russell (worked under Coach Yoxall for a couple years). I would like this move.

I like this guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 05:06:39 PM »
Reading this makes me want to knock a snot bubble out of somebody. But I just took some Quaaludes.

Dude, that's twice with no offer to share.  Puff, puff, pass.   :bong:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 05:09:19 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 05:16:55 PM »
Cedric Smith?

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/coaches/cedric-smith/298273be-3025-40ed-bc8a-436a121d52d5

He's from Enterprise.

Video:
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Cedric-Smiths-impact-on-Texans/78c56bc0-8089-492d-b5da-9bdfed3a018d
I haven't heard him mentioned but we have a lot of mutual friends. He was a great player(UF) and would provide another NFL connection. He's a great guy by all accounts. I think he would be a big hire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 05:17:24 PM »

Bet she wishes she had:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions