Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ellis Johnson?

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Ellis Johnson?
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 01:22:07 PM »
Agree. Coordinators & HCs do not equate. Don't know why people don't realize this.

The same thing working against Malzahn works in favor of Ellis.

Also hearing rumors of Tracy Rocker interviewing. If he's interviewing for DL coach (maybe he only left because of Chizik?), I'm on board. As a DC, no thank you. Need someone actually experienced in the position they're being hired for, thanks.
Then why don't we hire Chizik as defensive coordinator?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 01:24:09 PM »
Then why don't we hire Chizik as defensive coordinator?
If not for the fact that that would essentially be bringing the exact same staff in, but promoting Malzahn & demoting Gene, I'd be for that.

He will make a fine DC for someone. He's just not HC material.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
If not for the fact that that would essentially be bringing the exact same staff in, but promoting Malzahn & demoting Gene, I'd be for that.

He will make a fine DC for someone. He's just not HC material.
Don't you see, that is essentially what we are doing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 01:31:22 PM »
Rock left because JJ is a prick with ears.  Could have kept him.

His problem might just have been with Chiz.  Just Sayin
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 01:45:32 PM »
If they are going to take a chance on anyone as the DC, Rock would be the best possible option.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 01:46:17 PM »
Plus he's mean as hell. 

This.  Having the Rock come back?  Now THAT would make me start to feel some tingles.  Shivers too.  He could be the Enforcer for Gus's namby pamby personality.

And the day that Takeo joins our staff at any position - hell, make him the Coordinator of Ass Kicking, I don't care... well, that day, I will have to be sedated to stop the tingles and shivers before I literally orgasm to death.

But no giving in to the happy happy until the Rock is back on our home sideline.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 01:47:41 PM »
Defense is about fundamentals and intensity.  He has both of these things.

Make it so.
Listen to Black Saniflush
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 02:03:28 PM »
I thought Ellis Johnson was a damn good DC at SC.

Yes, but he failed as a HC, so, now he's not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »
By the way, my problem isn't Ellis Johnson.  My problem is that it seems that history is fucking repeating itself, and no one is willing to see it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »
By the way, my problem isn't Ellis Johnson.  My problem is that it seems that history is fucking repeating itself, and no one is willing to see it.

How so?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 02:11:02 PM »
How so?

I'm not in the same "I don't like Ellis Johnson" boat as them, but there is this:

Ted Roof - Decent defensive coordinator.  Takes over Duke and goes 1-11, 0-12, and 1-11.  Becomes Auburn defensive coordinator after subpar hiring of Gene Chizik. 

Ellis Johnson - Decent defensive coordinator.  Takes over Southern Miss and goes 0-12.  Becomes Auburn defensive coordinator after subpar hiring of Gus Malzahn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »
I'm not in the same "I don't like Ellis Johnson" boat as them, but there is this:

Ted Roof - Decent defensive coordinator.  Takes over Duke and goes 1-11, 0-12, and 1-11.  Becomes Auburn defensive coordinator after subpar hiring of Gene Chizik. 

Ellis Johnson - Decent defensive coordinator.  Takes over Southern Miss and goes 0-12.  Becomes Auburn defensive coordinator after subpar hiring of Gus Malzahn.

I gotta' admit. Just might not want to mess with that mojo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 02:20:08 PM »
If they are going to take a chance on anyone as the DC, Rock would be the best possible option.

I would actually take Joe Whitt Jr over Rock but would be glad to have either one of those two guys back at AU.   It would move for weeks if we hired JWJr as DC/DB, Rock as DL and allowed JWSr to coach our LB's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 02:26:05 PM »
I would actually take Joe Whitt Jr over Rock but would be glad to have either one of those two guys back at AU.   It would move for weeks if we hired JWJr as DC/DB, Rock as DL and allowed JWSr to coach our LB's.

Well, if our QB and WR's don't get the protection from the OL as instructed by the OC, I'll just have a BLT from TGIFridays.  OK?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 02:27:56 PM »
Well, if our QB and WR's don't get the protection from the OL as instructed by the OC, I'll just have a BLT from TGIFridays.  OK?

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 02:41:39 PM »

Might as well, since we're all be saying BOHICA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 02:46:07 PM »
Might as well, since we're all be saying BOHICA.

lol
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 02:49:21 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2012, 02:54:20 PM »

Just goes to show that we are not afraid to hire "Special people"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2012, 02:57:46 PM »
"There's no doubt that Johnson can put together an excellent defense in the SEC, and he can run the 4-2-5 scheme."

I don't remember South Carolina running the Nickle Package as their base defense. Not sure if that would work against the LSUs, uats & UGAs of the world with their power running game
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs