Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tuesday Rumor Mill: Kirby, Step Right Up

Re: Tuesday Rumor Mill: Kirby, Step Right Up
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 10:15:15 AM »
Quite the opposite..my friend.  Most of the bammer people that are smart (no pun intended or the double entendre) do not want us getting Kirby Smart.   It will piss off more of them then the group that says we are suckling from the saban tit.

Yep.

I didn't realize that Smart became the defensive coordinator in 2009.  In terms of Alabama's most successful seasons since Saban got there, Smart has had the crucial role of coordinating their #1 defense.

That makes me feel better about him, but his inexperience as a head coach definitely makes me worry. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 10:27:42 AM »
Yep.

I didn't realize that Smart became the defensive coordinator in 2009.  In terms of Alabama's most successful seasons since Saban got there, Smart has had the crucial role of coordinating their #1 defense.

That makes me feel better about him, but his inexperience as a head coach definitely makes me worry.
I'm equating a Smart hire to an automatic double. Patterson a triple. Jimbo, Malzahn and Petrino are singles. Considering the so called list, I think he's a strong hire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 10:30:19 AM »
Yep.

I think smart is a great dc, but make no mistake about it - saban drives that bus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 10:32:49 AM »
If you want to feel better about this, Terry Henley told SportsCall yesterday that this was Jacobs hire and the committee was only going to give a recommendation.    Yea us.

Come on down Gus.  :(
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 10:38:32 AM »
Love how  :oh: comes out with a story that our committee had a tele-con with Petrino this morning but didn't report that yesterday when all the major sites were in meltdown about Kirby and Gus. 

:woodcock:  <-- Godfather good sir, can we please get this with Jacobs, Jackson and Gogue?  Or can we get them in the Bag O' Dicks? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 10:43:15 AM »
I think smart is a great dc, but make no mistake about it - saban drives that bus.
Disagree again.  Saban's defenses at LSU were no where near as strong as they are at bammer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 10:47:55 AM »
Disagree again.  Saban's defenses at LSU were no where near as strong as they are at bammer.

I don't see that being relevant to how much control he has over the D behind the scenes. Alabama probably has better personnel although lsu was stout too. Just not quite this good. Bama has had better Rbs and clock control as well. Makes defense that much better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »
I'm equating a Smart hire to an automatic double. Patterson a triple. Jimbo, Malzahn and Petrino are singles. Considering the so called list, I think he's a strong hire.

In terms of coaching ability, BP is a triple. The others are still being evaluated from a head coaching standpoint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2012, 10:49:51 AM »
In terms of coaching ability, BP is a triple. The others are still being evaluated from a head coaching standpoint.

In terms of strictly coaching ability, I would say Petrino would be a homerun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2012, 10:51:06 AM »

Saying Petrino was a single on coaching ability and smart was a double was laughable. Seeing as how smart has never been a hc. Me thinks wiregrass has had too much grass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2012, 10:56:28 AM »
Sigh...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2012, 10:57:53 AM »
Sigh...

Now back to the good part!!!

This is the tale, of dumbfuck jay Jacobs!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2012, 10:59:11 AM »
Saying Petrino was a single on coaching ability and smart was a double was laughable. Seeing as how smart has never been a hc. Me thinks wiregrass has had too much grass.
Me never used the term coaching ability but o.k. I'm just talking about the hire itself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2012, 11:01:28 AM »
I belieeeeeve:

that I don't want a head corch with no prior head corching experience.  (I'll get behind whoever they hire, but do...not...want)

that Bobby Petrino will not be our next head corch

that Pat Dye will have no say in who our next head corch will be

that Jay Jacobs is only a figure head at this point and will only be used to make the announcement

that Amanda Cerny should be Snags' sex slave

that Quinton Dial should be suspended for the MNC game and fined $25K or 1/10th of his salary

that AJ McTatoo's mom has ridden the Saybin train multiple times

that I mentioned Amanda Cerny earlier, but that she's worth mentioning again.

that all of the above are true or will come to pass.....unless they aren't or don't
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2012, 11:11:07 AM »
Sigh...

Let's see, If we hire Smart we get:

1.  Dude that's part of the last how many #1 recruiting classes
2.  Dude that's been the DC for soon to be 3 of the last 4 National Championships
3.  Dude that the Bama folks really don't want to lose

Not bad on the surface
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2012, 11:14:57 AM »

2.  Dude that's been the DC for soon to be 3 of the last 4 National Championships

Not bad on the surface

And a dude that's never coached a game as the head guy. That has to make even the most pro-KS folks nervous. I like the guy personally but I also liked Chizik personally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2012, 11:15:30 AM »

Not bad on the surface

4. Dude named after a vacuum cleaner
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2012, 11:20:31 AM »
And a dude that's never coached a game as the head guy. That has to make even the most pro-KS folks nervous. I like the guy personally but I also liked Chizik personally.

Any idea how many of the top programs now have a coach that was hired with no HC experience?

Let me help you out:

Florida, Oregon, Kansas State, Stanford, Georgia, Oklahoma, Florida St., Oregon St., Clemson, Nebraska, Louisville, and Northwestern

All hired their last coach without any head coaching experience and all made it to the top 25 this year
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2012, 11:23:32 AM »
Any idea how many of the top programs now have a coach that was hired with no HC experience?

Let me help you out:

Florida, Oregon, Kansas State, Stanford, Georgia, Oklahoma, Florida St., Oregon St., Clemson, Nebraska, Louisville, and Northwestern

All hired their last coach without any head coaching experience and all made it to the top 25 this year

I really only care about SEC teams and how many of those were in the shitter at the time of the hire?

If you are coming off of a mediocre season, you might get away with it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2012, 11:24:24 AM »
4. Dude named after a vacuum cleaner

Kaos is gonna love that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."