Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hey Mark Richt...

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Hey Mark Richt...
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 10:45:20 PM »
7-1 in flags with Uat's only flag an obvious delay of game.
Alabama had 2 penalties.

However, with all due respect, when your fucking team is the least penalized team in the country in the last 5 years and the head man over SEC officials is a Uat grad, bammers don't need be telling me that the fucking officials ain't biased.
Alabama's fewest penalties per game national ranking:
2012: #6, 2011: #3, 2010: #24, 2009: #17, 2008: #5

Just as a note, Navy was the #1 least penalized team 3 out of those 5 years. They were the #2 least penalized team the two years they were not #1. 

Right now, Alabama is the least penalized team in the SEC.  The gap between Alabama and #2 Ole Miss?  4 penalties, 13 yards, and less than 2 ypg average penalties.  Even if you went with the ol' "Well whoever plays Bama gets penalized more", that would also be untrue.  In the SEC, Alabama ranks #9 in opponent penalties out of 14 teams.  I would look up other years, but can't figure out how to get that info on the SEC site.  In SEC games, Alabama has been penalized as much or more than the opponent in all but 3 games; vs LSU, AU, and UGA. The penalties against those 3 teams match up to their average penalties per game.  If you're saying the SEC refs are biased for Alabama, then they're biased towards Ole Miss as well.  The stats for the two are nearly identical.

Look, it's fine that you hate Alabama.  I get it.  That's cool.  But some of you bitch about our retarded fans trying to put an asterick by AU's 2010 season, all the while, you're trying to do the same damn thing to Alabama.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 11:17:31 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 10:09:16 AM »
I thought aside from a few things it was pretty evenly called. Bama was asleep at the wheel for a half. Once they woke up, it was over and you could tell. Georgia was even in it in the final mins because of a fluke special teams TD that rarely happens. The rushing stats tell the story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 02:54:50 PM »
And by the book he knew to clock it w/o prompt but it's ok to blame Richt too.
He did know to clock it.  That's why, as he was running down the field to get to the line of scrimmage, he was looking at his sideline making the "clock it" motion.  They told him no and signaled in a play.  Richt confirmed in his presser that they did not want him to clock it, they wanted to run the play because they felt that Alabama would be unprepared to defend it.  Sooo, yeah, it is Richt's fault.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 03:44:38 PM »
When did everyone start saying "Clock it"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 03:51:37 PM »
He did know to clock it.  That's why, as he was running down the field to get to the line of scrimmage, he was looking at his sideline making the "clock it" motion.  They told him no and signaled in a play.  Richt confirmed in his presser that they did not want him to clock it, they wanted to run the play because they felt that Alabama would be unprepared to defend it.  Sooo, yeah, it is Richt's fault.

It's just a microcosm of the underachieving coach that he has been in general. Guy has had enough talent to build a starting 22 in the NFL. Until two years ago UGA was also the only team in the previous decade to have a top 10 class on rivals every year. Not even Texas or USC did it. And he has not a lot to show for it when you consider the talent he's had, the fan support at uga, the money and resources uga has and being the state school with no in state competition (sorry tech).

I hate saban as much as anyone but the fucker knows how to coach and knows how to win. He rarely has the lapses that a richt coached team exhibits regularly. More troublesome than anything to ga fans should be the fact that this was their year. The schedule set them up for a run. They are senior heavy. Lots of experience. And they still couldn't do it. If he couldn't this year, will richt ever be able to?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2012, 04:00:37 PM »
It's just a microcosm of the underachieving coach that he has been in general. Guy has had enough talent to build a starting 22 in the NFL. Until two years ago UGA was also the only team in the previous decade to have a top 10 class on rivals every year. Not even Texas or USC did it. And he has not a lot to show for it when you consider the talent he's had, the fan support at uga, the money and resources uga has and being the state school with no in state competition (sorry tech).

I hate saban as much as anyone but the fucker knows how to coach and knows how to win. He rarely has the lapses that a richt coached team exhibits regularly. More troublesome than anything to ga fans should be the fact that this was their year. The schedule set them up for a run. They are senior heavy. Lots of experience. And they still couldn't do it. If he couldn't this year, will richt ever be able to?

Agree with all of this.  But, the problem is...what can they do about it?  Pretty much nothing.  No way you can fire a guy who wins that consistently.  SECCG 2 years in a row.  10 wins or more every year.

He's proven he can't win the big ones but he still has them in a place where 90% of the rest of college football wants to be
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 04:03:12 PM »
Agree with all of this.  But, the problem is...what can they do about it?  Pretty much nothing.  No way you can fire a guy who wins that consistently.  SECCG 2 years in a row.  10 wins or more every year.

He's proven he can't win the big ones but he still has them in a place where 90% of the rest of college football wants to be

Except that wins total and sec east crown total are padded by beating patsies as the east was down for a while. As you said, He crumbles in big games. His record against top 10 and top 20 teams is horrid. He's not a big game coach. He got mad at the reporter because the truth hurt him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 04:09:30 PM »
Except that wins total and sec east crown total are padded by beating patsies as the east was down for a while. As you said, He crumbles in big games. His record against top 10 and top 20 teams is horrid. He's not a big game coach. He got mad at the reporter because the truth hurt him.
He is 2 - 12 since 2008 against AP top 10 teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 04:16:01 PM »

That's gonna' leave a mark
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 04:41:32 PM »
That's gonna' leave a mark

I wonder if JJ knows this? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2012, 07:05:08 PM »

I rest my case good counselor
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE