Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Fallout

The Fallout
« on: November 27, 2012, 03:58:35 PM »
Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson
Central Gwinnett (Ga.) LB Trey Johnson has decommitted from Auburn, per his head coach. AU assistant Tommy Thigpen will visit this week.

Who's next?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:00:53 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The Fallout
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 04:15:08 PM »
Jake's got this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 04:24:09 PM »
Jake's got this.
He tried to call him but missed the phone?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 04:31:58 PM »
Who's next?

He is the one I wanted most in this class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 04:34:41 PM »
He is the one I wanted most in this class.

He's a huge loss.  Foster would make up for it but not by much. 

We NEED linebackers. 

We have defensive linemen.  We have secondary guys.  We have offensive linemen.  We have running backs.  They just need good coaching.

We desperately need a quarterback and linebackers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 05:10:21 PM »
He's a huge loss.  Foster would make up for it but not by much. 

We NEED linebackers. 

We have defensive linemen.  We have secondary guys.  We have offensive linemen.  We have running backs.  They just need good coaching.

We desperately need a quarterback and linebackers.

No disputing the QB and LB thing.  But, it became apparent that we have little or nothing across the front 7.  Mr. Comingoutearly Corey?  Did he get near a QB in the last 10 games?  Did anyone?  We need to get all the defensive guys in the fold and the longer Jay Fucking Jacobs drags his feet, the more we lose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 02:00:27 AM »
I'm guessing (possible destinations):
QB Jeremy Johnson (LSU or Ole Miss)
RB Cameron Artis-Payne (Utah)
RB Jordan Wilkins (UT, Vandy or Ole Miss)
WR Earnest Robinson (uat, LSU or Ole Miss)
TE Arshad Jackson (FSU)
DE Tashawn Bowers (Rutgers)
DL Dee Liner (uat)

That would leave us with 9, I'm sure some might come back and there could be others that drop out too like DE Carl Lawson and LB Jarrad Davis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

chinook

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 10:46:19 AM »
hey we got our kickers and deep snappers. #championships #fieldgoalgood
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 11:02:49 AM »
I'm guessing (possible destinations):
QB Jeremy Johnson (LSU or Ole Miss)
RB Cameron Artis-Payne (Utah)
RB Jordan Wilkins (UT, Vandy or Ole Miss)
WR Earnest Robinson (uat, LSU or Ole Miss)
TE Arshad Jackson (FSU)
DE Tashawn Bowers (Rutgers)
DL Dee Liner (uat)

That would leave us with 9, I'm sure some might come back and there could be others that drop out too like DE Carl Lawson and LB Jarrad Davis.

Go ahead and add the losses with the total buyout sum. Man power, fuel, hotel, etc. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 03:15:42 PM »
I know it's just a few days since the Chizik canning, but I'd have expected more than Johnson by now if everyone was going to defect.  If they hire BP, I think that keeps us solid with Jeremy Johnson as QB.  Just a guess based on him being an offensive guru.  Who recruited most of these defensive guys, which is obviously what we need to focus on.  Would keeping Trooper around keep those guys in the fold?

My theory is this. I think there's far more talent on this team than was displayed on the field.  I believe the early reports about a team divided, no discipline or mandatory workouts is really what was going on and it made for a group of guys who showed up on Saturdays and went through the motions.  There's talent..but we do need the Fosters and Liners and Lawsons and both Johnsons etc. to stay.  If they do, I think  BMFP can put us back on the map much sooner than later. If they defect and we hire Coach Klem Kadiddlehopper from good ole PU, we'll be Kentucky for the next 5 years.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 03:20:10 PM »
I know it's just a few days since the Chizik canning, but I'd have expected more than Johnson by now if everyone was going to defect.  If they hire BP, I think that keeps us solid with Jeremy Johnson as QB.  Just a guess based on him being an offensive guru.  Who recruited most of these defensive guys, which is obviously what we need to focus on.  Would keeping Trooper around keep those guys in the fold?

My theory is this. I think there's far more talent on this team than was displayed on the field.  I believe the early reports about a team divided, no discipline or mandatory workouts is really what was going on and it made for a group of guys who showed up on Saturdays and went through the motions.  There's talent..but we do need the Fosters and Liners and Lawsons and both Johnsons etc. to stay.  If they do, I think  BMFP can put us back on the map much sooner than later. If they defect and we hire Coach Klem Kadiddlehopper from good ole PU, we'll be Kentucky for the next 5 years.   

Just a theory, but I would guess that Foster is tied closer to Taylor and Luper than any of the defensive coaches because he played ball with their sons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 03:43:09 PM »

Alright basketball program movin on up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 02:59:29 PM »
Word from some friends in the Shoals Dee Liner is flipping to Bama. They were out in force at his game last night. Trooper was there too but remained very quiet on the sidelines. Oh, and bammers heckled him, of course.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 03:54:21 PM »
Word from some friends in the Shoals Dee Liner is flipping to Bama. They were out in force at his game last night. Trooper was there too but remained very quiet on the sidelines. Oh, and bammers heckled him, of course.
classy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 08:28:24 PM »
classy!
Did you expect anything else from the Updyke tea bagger U
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 03:32:41 PM »
Let the exodus of defensive recruits begin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 04:09:13 PM »
Let the exodus of defensive recruits begin.

You just wait!  As soon as he hires Joe Bob Pattinsky away from Northwest Montana State to be the DC, the recruits will be lining up!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 04:24:50 PM »
You just wait!  As soon as he hires Joe Bob Pattinsky away from Northwest Montana State to be the DC, the recruits will be lining up!
Lining up to get the Hell OUT while they can.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 04:41:48 PM »
Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson
I spoke with #Rivals100 QB commit Jeremy Johnson recently, he said if Gus Malzahn were hired, he'd sign with Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 04:53:54 PM »
That makes me tingly.  Best news all day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions