Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Patterson on the List

Patterson on the List
« on: November 27, 2012, 12:38:27 PM »
AUBURN, Alabama – Auburn's list to be the school's next football coach is now more than a half-dozen names long, but no one has been interviewed for the vacancy created when the school fired Gene Chizik on Sunday.

A couple of new names have emerged in TCU coach Gary Patterson and Boise State coach Chris Petersen.

Auburn interviewed Patterson four years ago when it hired Chizik. Patterson has a 116-34 record at TCU in 13 seasons.

There has been speculation that Arkansas is considering Patterson, too.

Auburn is also considering former Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino, Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart, Arkansas State coach Gus Malzahn, Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher, and, likely, Louisville coach Charlie Strong, according to someone familiar with the process.

Athletics Director Jay Jacobs and Bo Jackson, Pat Sullivan and Mac Crawford form the search committee. Auburn has not announced whether it will hire an established search firm to help determine candidates.

Petrino was 34-17 in four years at Arkansas. He was 41-9 in four years at Louisville. He was 3-10 in 2007 with the Atlanta Falcons. 

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2012/11/auburn_coaching_list_expands_n.html#incart_river_default
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Patterson on the List
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 12:47:25 PM »
I've read speculation that DeLoss Dodds is ready to retire, Brown to AD and Patterson to UT.

Also read over and over every year that Peterson isn't leaving BSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 12:56:50 PM »
Patterson would be a strong hire. Peterson is a great coach. I think he's in the right fit in Boise. The cut throat recruiting in the SEC is a few levels above what he's accustomed to, I would think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 12:58:57 PM »
Also read over and over every year that Peterson isn't leaving BSU.
Agree...his kid has some illness that they specialize in at the university (something like that)

However, no harm in asking (If Jacobs is smart, which we know he isn't) Give that fucker 5 million and make him tell us no.

Also that is like the 5th time I read where we interview Patterson, before Chizik. I don't remember that happening and if it did....Jacobs needs to be strung up by his sack. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 01:00:24 PM »
Patterson would be a strong hire. Peterson is a great coach. I think he's in the right fit in Boise. The cut throat recruiting in the SEC is a few levels above what he's accustomed to, I would think.
I would kiss a fat waterheaded bammer to get Petersen....the man is 82-8.  I don't care where he is at, that is impressive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 01:06:58 PM »
Agree...his kid has some illness that they specialize in at the university (something like that)

However, no harm in asking (If Jacobs is smart, which we know he isn't) Give that fucker 5 million and make him tell us no.

Also that is like the 5th time I read where we interview Patterson, before Chizik. I don't remember that happening and if it did....Jacobs needs to be strung up by his sack.

JMO, but what I have read (Tinfoil shit) and remember JJ knew who he wanted from the beginning. They went through the interview process (TG token AA) and others to appease the masses.  GC was his first choice all along. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 02:07:34 PM »
By the way, this list came from "someone familiar with the process."   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 02:35:33 PM »
By the way, this list came from "someone familiar with the process."   :facepalm:

Exactly. All speculation. Notice most "hot boards" require you to pay to see them. No one knows the official list but the few involved. End of story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 02:39:39 PM »
Rumor or not, it's about fucking time.

Patterson is the man.  He could give that little fuck across the state a run for his money when it comes to being an asshole. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 02:45:14 PM »
Exactly. All speculation. Notice most "hot boards" require you to pay to see them. No one knows the official list but the few involved. End of story.

Ed Zachary.  This ^^^  That ^^^ Right up there ^^^ What he said.

I have a source close to the situation.  No really.  They live in Auburn real close to the campus.  Real close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 04:10:11 PM »

I wonder if they will help the new coarch move?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 04:34:20 PM »
I wonder if they will help the new coarch move?
Neat Avatar you got there...Art imitates life?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 05:48:50 PM »
 I believe that Bobby P is probably the most motivated to go along with the program because he needs the gig the most. He knows the players and the players know him. He done been on the jet.

I have mixed emotions if he is the one.

If we had a more qualified AD that wasn't a puppet, I would feel better about BP getting a shot. I never liked him when he was here or anywhere else for that matter. But, he's one hell of an offensive coach. Never had a D worth a damn that I can remember.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com