Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Parents of the Year

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Parents of the Year
« on: November 26, 2012, 05:50:45 PM »
Holy.  Shit.  I know this is TOSH - so someone, please tell me this is either fake or someone went to jail...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Parents of the Year
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 06:51:05 PM »
Holy.  Shit.  I know this is TOSH - so someone, please tell me this is either fake or someone went to jail...

Not sure about that one, but there was this video:

The snake in the video was defanged, so maybe the snake in the picture is as well?  Either way, creepy as fuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 07:41:25 PM »
Not sure about that one, but there was this video:

The snake in the video was defanged, so maybe the snake in the picture is as well?  Either way, creepy as fuck.
I could be wrong but I don't think the fangs are the main concern when it comes to pythons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 07:55:04 PM »
I could be wrong but I don't think the fangs are the main concern when it comes to pythons.

I sure as hell wouldn't personally do it, but supposedly constrictor snakes are safe around children if trained and supervised.  Snake owners would swear up and down that it's no different than having a dog near a young child, but I wouldn't do it.  Snakes creep me the fuck out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 08:04:08 PM »
I sure as hell wouldn't personally do it, but supposedly constrictor snakes are safe around children if trained and supervised.  Snake owners would swear up and down that it's no different than having a dog near a young child, but I wouldn't do it.  Snakes creep me the fuck out.
Judging by what others post about you on here I'm suprised you would say such a thing. Seriously though, I agree. Fuck all snakes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 10:01:45 PM »

The fact that someone claims to have knowledge that this is true is fucked up.  You cannot train a reptile.  Their brains are too small.  They have instinct, that's it.  Besides, how the hell do you "train" one?  "Bad snake!  You regurgitate that baby right now!!"

No different than parents who have a pit bull around a baby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 10:13:09 PM »
The fact that someone claims to have knowledge that this is true is fucked up.  You cannot train a reptile.  Their brains are too small.  They have instinct, that's it.  Besides, how the hell do you "train" one?  "Bad snake!  You regurgitate that baby right now!!"

No different than parents who have a pit bull around a baby.
I don't get the whole reptiles as pets thing anyways. What the fuck good is a snake? Walk it? Play fetch?

However your pit bull comment doesn't make sense, pit bulls like all dogs are a product of their environment. Any dog can be a hazard to any baby, if not properly raised or have a poor temperament. Pit Bulls are no more vicious then any other animal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 10:21:14 PM »
I don't get the whole reptiles as pets thing anyways. What the fuck good is a snake? Walk it? Play fetch?

However your pit bull comment doesn't make sense, pit bulls like all dogs are a product of their environment. Any dog can be a hazard to any baby, if not properly raised or have a poor temperament. Pit Bulls are no more vicious then any other animal.

You gonna let your little boy play with one?  Not me.  Too much anecdotal evidence to the contrary.  Not worth the risk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 10:31:01 PM »

Pit bulls have kicking ass built into their DNA. Look at how they are put together from their jaws to their stature. Not saying they are all bad but they are genetically built for one purpose - to pit fight and be good at it, so that makes them more predisposed. Same was true with German shepherds as well but much of that has been bred out of them since ww2.

Besides even if you went with the argument that they have no worse temperament than the average dog, I still like my chances against a poodle or Maltese with a bite psi of 200-400 versus a pit or German shepherd bite with a psi of 2000+. Sure, a chihuahua may be just as likely to bite me as a pit, but it isn't nearly as likely to kill me if it does.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 10:32:41 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 10:40:14 PM »

If zombies can be trained, so can snakes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 10:42:14 PM »
Depends on the environment and how you raise them.  We had pits, labs and blue heelers growing up.  The pit we had would get between my brother and me if anyone came to the house that she wasn't used to and would herd us away.  He was very protective of us when we were kids.  The others, not so much.

When my grandmother came over he would jump up in the front porch swing with her and lay his head in her lap and she would scratch his ears. He wasn't raised in an environment where he was abused or mistreated and was an overall great dog because of it.

Those parents with the snake should be shot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 11:00:55 PM »
You gonna let your little boy play with one?  Not me.  Too much anecdotal evidence to the contrary.  Not worth the risk.
I am not going to let my little boy play with any dog I don't know. But if its a pit or otherwise and I know the owner. Yes.

Kids are a lot of times as much to blame as the animals themselves. Kids can make movements or pet a dog a way it doesn't like, you just never know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 11:03:12 PM »
I am not going to let my little boy play with any dog I don't know. But if its a pit or otherwise and I know the owner. Yes.

Kids are a lot of times as much to blame as the animals themselves. Kids can make movements or pet a dog a way it doesn't like, you just never know.

Agree with you on the snake. I trust a pit before a snake and it's not even close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 10:11:21 AM »

This.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 10:24:24 AM »
As was said above, certain breeds are predisposed in teh DNA's to be aggressive.  Sure, most any dog will be a great pet and good around people if it's raised in a loving environment.  But there are no guarantees with some breeds.  Chows are a dog in that group.  We had a couple and they were raised from puppies like they were one of our children.  But, extremely protective of us and I was always wary of my own dog around other kids.  If a poodle is startled or pet the wrong way and takes exception to it, it's, "Damn, your dog bit me".  If a pit takes exception, it's, "Call 911". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 10:28:54 AM »
As was said above, certain breeds are predisposed in teh DNA's to be aggressive.  Sure, most any dog will be a great pet and good around people if it's raised in a loving environment.  But there are no guarantees with some breeds.  Chows are a dog in that group.  We had a couple and they were raised from puppies like they were one of our children.  But, extremely protective of us and I was always wary of my own dog around other kids.  If a poodle is startled or pet the wrong way and takes exception to it, it's, "Damn, your dog bit me".  If a pit takes exception, it's, "Call 911".
Hence the reason you do research on a dog.

Besides the only reason you had a problem with dogs growing up, is because your parents hung that t-bone around your neck just to get the thing to play with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 10:36:18 AM »

Some do. Look it up. And the response is always, "He was raised in a loving home. We don't know why he would do such a thing." I very rarely read of a lab eating a baby's face off......

The worst cases are mutts. You have no idea what is in there and they trigger for no reason. The kid is ALWAYS more important than the dog! (Well, for most sane people anyway)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 11:06:10 AM »
Hence the reason you do research on a dog.

Besides the only reason you had a problem with dogs growing up, is because your parents hung that t-bone around your neck just to get the thing to play with you.

Agreed...about the research.  And my parents did not hang a T-bone around my neck.  You think they'd waste a cut of meat like that? 

However, what research could you do to make you think a pit bull would just be a damn fine pet?  I'm quite sure AUT1's pit was a great dog for them.  Not questioning that.  But there's also a reason it would get between them and visitors he didn't know.  And if that visitor just happened to make move he didn't like.....

Last year, we went to this Humane Society fund raiser.  Outside event and everyone brought their dogs. At one point while we were walking around, this guy had a pit right next to us.  Another guy walked by with his dog on a leash and apparently his dog said something about the pit's mama bein' a bitch or something like that.  The pit went after it.  Now granted, he was leashed and fortunately, his owner was a full grown man.  I don't know that I have ever seen so much strength, power and aggression in a dog up close like that.  I have no doubt in my mind he would have killed whatever he was after, human or otherwise.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »
Depends on the environment and how you raise them.  We had pits, labs and blue heelers growing up.  The pit we had would get between my brother and me if anyone came to the house that she wasn't used to and would herd us away.  He was very protective of us when we were kids.  The others, not so much.

When my grandmother came over he would jump up in the front porch swing with her and lay his head in her lap and she would scratch his ears. He wasn't raised in an environment where he was abused or mistreated and was an overall great dog because of it.

Those parents with the snake should be shot.

A guy that my wife works with is promising us a pure Heeler pup this spring.  Did ya'll break your's of trying to herd the kids or just laugh at him as he nipped their heels?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 11:20:20 AM »
A guy that my wife works with is promising us a pure Heeler pup this spring.  Did ya'll break your's of trying to herd the kids or just laugh at him as he nipped their heels?

Last summer, we had a blue heeler just show up at our house.  No collar and just decided she was staying.  Not an option as there is no room at the Inn for us and another pet.  She spent about two weeks there while we tried to find the owner or a new home.  One of the coolest, most loving dogs I'd ever been around.  We found it a home with a lady who had a farm and had actually just lost her heeler after about 12 years.  She was more than willing to take her but by that time, we were sad to see it go. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions