Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

42 news reporting

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: 42 news reporting
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 02:51:23 PM »
My

Bo is there for PR because he's revered by Auburn people of all ages and he's also not totally hated by all the rivals because he was a transcendental athlete.

Sullivan is there as PR for the old white people with money.

Crawford and Jacobs are the ones running this clown show.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 02:56:50 PM »
My

Bo is there for PR because he's revered by Auburn people of all ages and he's also not totally hated by all the rivals because he was a transcendental athlete.

How can Sullivan do that when he is head coach at Samford?  I realize that they are not in the FCS playoffs and their season is over, but he is still employed by a separate NCAA member institution

Better hope Crawford has the right prescription to cure this
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 02:57:29 PM »
Cole Cubelic isn't buying the search committee..

Cole Cubelic‏ @colecubelic

Jimmy Brumbaugh, my teammate, was on the "search committee" in 1998/99, he had no idea Tubberville was going to be hired. Spare me that BS
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2012, 02:58:59 PM »
Cole Cubelic isn't buying the search committee..

Cole Cubelic‏ @colecubelic

Jimmy Brumbaugh, my teammate, was on the "search committee" in 1998/99, he had no idea Tubberville was going to be hired. Spare me that BS

Exactly my point.  Bo probably won't ever set foot out of Chicago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2012, 03:02:06 PM »
“The search committee will work hard and work smart, consistent with the expectations set by Dr. Gogue,” Jacobs said

If Gogue had ANY fucking clue about "expectations", Jacobs would be hiring a U-Haul just like Chiz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2012, 03:10:56 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2012, 03:12:12 PM »
While it looks like we won't get the clean sweep of Jay, Jackson, and Chizik. A silver lining is Tim Jackson's ass will be shown the door as well (according to 247sports). Looks like Ole Jay Jay is pulling out all the stops to save his own ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »
My

I suppose JJ has the final say-so anyway. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2012, 03:40:03 PM »
Considering that it has been pretty fucking obvious since week three that this team was fucked, how could someone NOT have a plan?

I am channeling my inner Kaos.  This fucking sucks.  This is going to be a train wreck.  I have zero confidence that any search committee led by Jay Fucking Jacobs is going to make a good decision - and all the Bo Jacksons and Pat Sullivans of the world are not going to be able to counteract the unbelievablely immense levels of fucktarditude put into motion by Jay Jacobs.

100% agreed.

Only because I don't think Jacobs will give the new coach enough control to be successful in the long term.

Maybe, just maybe, Gogue and the PTB have told Jacobs that he's being retained only if he lets go of any control of the football program.  Just maybe. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2012, 04:02:11 PM »
While it looks like we won't get the clean sweep of Jay, Jackson, and Chizik. A silver lining is Tim Jackson's ass will be shown the door as well (according to 247sports). Looks like Ole Jay Jay is pulling out all the stops to save his own ass.

This tells me that JJ is doing either that or is being told what to do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2012, 04:49:10 PM »
100% agreed.

Only because I don't think Jacobs will give the new coach enough control to be successful in the long term.

Maybe, just maybe, Gogue and the PTB have told Jacobs that he's being retained only if he lets go of any control of the football program.  Just maybe.

The more I think about it, the more I'm coming over to this side of thinking on this.  The "decision" to find a new HC should have already been well in motion. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2012, 05:33:49 PM »
JJ stated in his presser afterwards (paraphrased) that a candidate didn't necessarily have to be a head coach.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »
JJ stated in his presser afterwards (paraphrased) that a candidate didn't necessarily have to be a head coach.

:facepalm:
Something also scary, in the letter, he stated that one of the prerequisites was that their selection would be a proven winner.  If you recall, this was also said when they hired Chizik. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2012, 05:39:26 PM »
Something also scary, in the letter, he stated that one of the prerequisites was that their selection would be a proven winner.  If you recall, this was also said when they hired Chizik.

I hate you

<curls back up in fetal position>
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2012, 05:43:14 PM »
He basically gave the AD version of coach speak, and said nothing that really meant shit, or that would allow you to pin him down on anything. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2012, 06:05:15 PM »
Did Jay state that money is no object, like he did before the previous search?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2012, 06:16:31 PM »
Did Jay state that money is no object, like he did before the previous search?
He fielded or tried to field every question (like a Bowden) of which over half were purely assinine. When questioned about when he knew... HE brought up the 5 turnovers against Miss. State and lack of preparation WHY?...later when asked about the type of coach he started to opine about defensive minded and spread types then thought better and finally relented saying all would be considered.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2012, 06:22:10 PM »
Jon Solomon | jsolomon@al.com
AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs is going to be available for a 3:30 p.m. press conference regarding Gene Chizik's firing.

** Jay Jacobs takes the podium, reiterates that he made the recommendation to Jay Gogue, and says Chizik handled the news well and with class.

** On why he made his recommendation to fire Chizik, Jacobs says Auburn did not show any improvement this season, and due to the competition in the SEC, "we could not risk falling further behind."

** Jacobs says he has three criteria, including winning, playing by the rules and ensuring academic success, for the next coach at Auburn.

** Asked about whether or not he was concerned for his own job, Jacobs says his focus has been to keep his head down and keep working.

** Jacobs says he has no time frame for the decison.

** Asked when he made the decision, Jacobs says that he has been thinking about it all year, told Chizik last night that he would not be retained, then made the recommendation to president Gogue this morning.

** No interim coach has been named.

** Jay Jacobs says that he will not comment on any ongoing investigation with the NCAA, but that he has full confidence in Auburn's compliance department.

** Despite owing more than $11 million to Chizik and his staff, Jacobs said that finances won't be a problem in Auburn's search for the next coach.

** Asked about how quickly that Chizik was fired after a national championship season, Jacobs had a simple answer. "3-9 is unacceptable at Auburn." He says that after the national championship, he thinks the Auburn football job may be more attractive than it's ever been.

** Jacobs cites lack of player development as a key reason for Auburn's problems, that's the most interesting thing to him. Asked about discipline, the security firm, etc., Jacobs goes back to player discipline.

** "After the Arkansas game, I became very concerned about our fundamental approach to the game," Jacobs said.

** Auburn would consider someone who hasn't been a head coaching candidate, Jacobs says.

** Asked about Bobby Petrino, Jacobs declines to comment on any coaching candidates, and says that he hasn't reached out to anyone yet.

** On the subject of the buyout, Jacobs cites a national rise in buyouts.

** Auburn "general manager" Tim Jackson will no longer be a part of the football program. Jacobs says that Jackson will return to some of his work with Tigers Unlimited and the ticket offices.

** In terms of changing the structure of the program, Jacobs says: "We'll let the next coach really come in and evaluate what the structure of the program is."

** At least one Auburn player came up and told Jacobs they would stick with the program, says they lined up to shake Chizik's hand.

** On Mac Crawford, Jay Jacobs says that Crawford is a CEO/turnaround expert, and "we probably need a little turnaround here," Jacobs says. He then says having Pat Sullivan involved allows a head coach to ask questions specific to that.

** Jacobs says he and Chizik have been talking almost daily, and that the coach understands that "if you don't win enough, you don't get to stay."

** Auburn will reach out to "experts" in the field, Jacobs says, after being asked if Auburn will consult a search firm.

** On stands emptying out at Jordan-Hare Stadium this season, "The stands being empty and the score on the scoreboard concerned me," Jacobs says.

** Jacobs: "It's always difficult to fire somebody when families are involved, but that's the business we're in," Jacobs says. "I'm grateful for what Gene has done. ... I just regret the way it ended."

** On any decisions about assistant coaches, the program's structure or anything else that falls under a head coach's role, Jacobs is clear. Once a coach is hired, it's up to the head coach to determine how his program is run.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2012, 06:33:04 PM »
As has been stated, included by Jacobs today, the buyout is payable in monthly installments over 4 years.  JJ said 7.2Mil.  That's 150K a month, or 1.8Mil a year.  If Chiz gets a gig as a DC at say 800K a year, then the buyout is reduced by that much each year. 

The projected revenue lost if he stayed and ran the program completely in the ground is far offset by paying him to leave, even if we have to pay him the full buyout. 

The buyouts on the ACs, probably negligible.  BVG will be employed by year's end.  Most of the rest will too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2012, 06:53:46 PM »
Considering that it has been pretty fucking obvious since week three that this team was fucked, how could someone NOT have a plan?

I am channeling my inner Kaos.  This fucking sucks.  This is going to be a train wreck.  I have zero confidence that any search committee led by Jay Fucking Jacobs is going to make a good decision - and all the Bo Jacksons and Pat Sullivans of the world are not going to be able to counteract the unbelievablely immense levels of fucktarditude put into motion by Jay Jacobs.

With the right hire this could turn around very quickly.  The talent is there. The coaching was not. JMO
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'