Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Iron Bowl Thread

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Iron Bowl Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2012, 06:06:01 PM »
6 minutes to go in the 3rd Quarter and Phillip Marshall unloads

TUSCALOOSA - Forget the speculation, the debates, all of it. It is over. Gene Chizik will not be Auburn's head football coach next season.

Jay Jacobs hasn't told me that. Neither has Jay Gogue. They don't have to. To do nothing in the face of what has happened to Auburn football would be to invite marches on the camps from incredulous, disgusted and discouraged Auburn fans.

It's over.

As I write this, Alabama leads 49-0 in the third quarter. For the second time this season, Auburn gave up six touchdowns in six first-half possessions. It got another one on the first possession of the third quarter. I doubt Auburn has ever before given up touchdowns on seven consecutive possessions.

In its last three SEC games, Auburn has had but two stops in 18 first-half possessions.

I don't know how bad this game is going to get. It depends on how bad Nick Saban wants it to get and whether Auburn players are willing to fight at all. But I do know this:

For Chizik, it's over.

I started hearing the last couple of days that Chizik had been told that this game would be his last. I couldn't confirm it and still can't. I no longer need to. The worst Auburn football team of my lifetime, one of the worst teams in recent Southeastern Conference history, confirmed it for anyone watching or listening.

It's over

One day, Chizik will return to Auburn for a reunion of the 2010 national champions. He'll be honored as the coach who put it all together. And he should. But that national championship is no longer relevant to the state of Auburn football.

Under Chizik's watch, Auburn football has become something ugly and unfamiliar, something I have never seen and never thought I would see. He's the head man. He is accountable, though he has consistently refused to hold himself accountable in any real way.

Jacobs, the athletics director, and Gogue, the president, face the most important challenge of their careers now. They have to pick a successor, and they'd better get it right.

Who should it be? I don't know, but it needs to be someone who clearly has what it takes to return Auburn football to the place it has always been, to regain the respect it has always had. Money can't matter. It can't matter what anyone else thinks. Jacobs and Gogue owe it to the fans who pay the bills, to all those players who built Auburn football with their sweat and blood, to get it right. If they don't, shame on them.

As bad as it is, it doesn't have to stay this way. What has happened to Auburn football isn't a talent issue. Even teams short on talent will compete. For this team, it's a matter of heart. And not enough players show enough of it.

Chizik had his time. He was the national Coach of the Year. He hoisted the crystal football. That was less than two years ago, but it might as well be ancient history. Cam Newton, Nick Fairley and all those seniors Tommy Tuberville recruited were gone after the BCS Championship Game.

And Auburn fans are left with watching what looks like a team from a directional school wearing Auburn uniforms.

It's sad, really, even for those who don't support Auburn, who support other SEC schools. It's not supposed to be like this and it didn't have to be like this. But it is.

It's over.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 06:14:18 PM by TheSix »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2012, 06:12:14 PM »
Would be nice to know the author-ALWAYS...  but we need a house cleaning, top to bottom.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2012, 06:19:40 PM »
Fuck you Eugene!  Fuck you for making this season miserable, fuck you for fielding the worst Auburn team I have ever seen.  Fuck you for fielding a team that has no discipline and quits.  Speaking of quitting.  Fuck you players, have some heart against your biggest rival.  Just b/c you coach is an undisciplined tard doesn't mean you have to. Then again I guess you are following example of your coaches.  I flipped over to the UF/FSU game.  Don't care to watch the rest of this abortion of a football team.   I knew we would get our asses beat, but Christ on a crutch.

Coach Boom has taken an average talent team, with no QB, and fashioned a pretender/contender for the BCS.   Makes me sick to see what Chizik has done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2012, 06:29:03 PM »
Coach Boom has taken an average talent team, with no QB, and fashioned a pretender/contender for the BCS.   Makes me sick to see what Chizik has done.

Yup, throw the bank at him or someone just like him.  I want our next coach to be the meanest and biggest asshole that money can buy so he can come in, tell everyone to fuck off and change the culture of our football team.   As much as we all love Dye, he damn sure wasn't a choir boy, he was a tough nosed mean son of a bitch that got all his players had to give him.  That is what I want again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2012, 06:38:22 PM »
Yup, throw the bank at him or someone just like him.  I want our next coach to be the meanest and biggest asshole that money can buy so he can come in, tell everyone to fuck off and change the culture of our football team.   As much as we all love Dye, he damn sure wasn't a choir boy, he was a tough nosed mean son of a bitch that got all his players had to give him.  That is what I want again.

And anyone wanna reference the creed or the bible in re: Petrino - well they can go fuck themselves after they look at this score.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2012, 06:39:58 PM »
The same can be said for Petrinos' Arkansas teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2012, 07:18:22 PM »
... watching what looks like a team from a directional school wearing Auburn uniforms.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2012, 07:30:13 PM »
To be competitive we would have to leave the SEC and join the National Assisted Living Institute League.  Then it would still be tough as hell to win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2012, 08:28:15 PM »
6 minutes to go in the 3rd Quarter and Phillip Marshall unloads
Wait... Wait... WAIT! Hold on, that fat fuck said we would retain Chizik.  Fuck him, and let him choke on that stick of butter he loves so much. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »
Someone warn RWS' goat

First, my wife is not goat. Second, she likes pinned up aggression.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2012, 08:41:14 PM »
First, my wife is not goat. Second, she likes pinned up aggression.

Wasn't talking about your ole lady,simp.

Was messing with the Bammer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2012, 08:41:57 PM »
First, my wife is not goat.
Well damn, that's not what she told me....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2012, 08:42:11 PM »
Wasn't talking about your ole lady,simp.

Was messing with the Bammer.

I knowz. Point still remains.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2012, 08:43:05 PM »
Well damn, that's not what she told me....

Just because she goes baahhhhh doesn't mean she's a goat. Just means that daddy knows what he's doing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2012, 08:52:15 PM »
Just means that daddy knows what he's doing.
She did tell me that, actually.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2012, 08:59:03 PM »
Fuck you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Yoda

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2012, 09:02:28 PM »
And also if there is a 2010 reunion fuck Chizik, invite Malzahn, I don't want to see dumbass Chizik in Auburn ever again.  He has done absolutely nothing in 4 years.  Fuck we fired a coach that was good for 9 wins a season and was usually competitive in the games we lost for a fucking clown.  A fucking clown that can't recruit, can't coach, can't make decisions, can't lead can't do shit but lose.

I have never ever not watched our games this year I quit watching about 6 weeks ago.  I can't even comprehend how this dumbass was able to sink a good program to the level that he has.

Go fuck yourself, I hope you don't get one more fucking cent from Auburn you damn thief.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

RWS

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2012, 09:03:18 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2012, 09:04:49 PM »
I love you.
You love everybody tonight
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

djsimp

« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2012, 09:08:14 PM »

Don't confuse your wet dreams with reality. Only bammers likes the goat sex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions