Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who would you go after, if you were the one calling the shots...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Who would you go after, if you were the one calling the shots...
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 08:41:39 PM »
Not that I disagree, but why?

Has had a pretty impressive run with limited resources.  His offense has gone through a couple of iterations (passing with Kafka and Persa...running with the new kid) based on his personnel.  He's doing well as the Vandy of the Big 10...which is essentially Duke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 12:02:22 AM »
I wouldn't mind Leavitt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2012, 08:51:29 AM »
That'll cost you $100 at Madame Sally's Fox Hole.
or $150 and a bottle of champagne at Diamonds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2012, 04:48:58 PM »
Northern Illinois's win over Toledo Thursday guaranteed another MAC West title, even if earlier this week Huskies head coach Dave Doeren muddied his future in Dekalb. In the coming weeks, as more Football Bowl Subdivision coaches are handed their pink slips, Doeren figures to be a hot name. In an interview with SiriusXM College Sports Nation on Tuesday, Doeren said he would be open to other opportunities that could pop up. ... [Said Doeren:] "I really have enjoyed the process at NIU and they gave me my first chance to be a head coach. So I'm going to do everything I can to make this the best school that I can make it. If something comes along that I know if better for me and my family, I'm going to have to listen to it."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 05:45:33 PM »

Only loss this year is 1 point to Iowa. 2 of his 4 losses have been against Big 10 schools and his team has won 19 of their last 20. For a young guy he is pretty damn impressive. Btw, the MAC is known for producing some fine HCs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2012, 10:30:11 AM »
Only loss this year is 1 point to Iowa. 2 of his 4 losses have been against Big 10 schools and his team has won 19 of their last 20. For a young guy he is pretty damn impressive. Btw, the MAC is known for producing some fine HCs.

Then he is disqualified from out search.   :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2012, 07:39:30 PM »
According Josh Moon (I know I know. Fuck that guy.) Bobby Petrino chances are increasing.

Josh Moon‏@Josh_Moon

Based on what I've heard the last 3/4 days, I'm changing my prediction for AU's head coach: Bobby Petrino replaces Gus Malzahn at the top.

Phillip Marshall is hinting that Petrino's chances of being the next coach are rising as well. As those chances rise so does my wood.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2012, 08:24:31 PM »
Phillip Marshall is hinting that Petrino'schances of being the next coach are rising
Well, we can kiss Bobby goodbye then. If Phillip "180 Out" Marshall said this, Petrino won't even get an interview.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2012, 10:48:26 AM »
Phillip Marshall is hinting that Petrino's chances of being the next coach are rising as well. As those chances rise so does my wood.

Only b/c Jay G Tate reported it first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2012, 11:12:17 AM »
I have been reading the same. Amongst other things, supposedly he fired his agent (who is also Chizik's agent) so that he could grease the tracks for negotiations.

Petrino seems to be the most likely candidate at this point, for sure. I like it for all reasons except the inevitable divisiveness it  will undoubtedly cause within "the family".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »
I think too many presume our administration will do the right thing and fire Chizik.  I'm not even thinking about names anymore until they make that announcement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2012, 11:27:04 AM »
I think too many presume our administration will do the right thing and fire Chizik.  I'm not even thinking about names anymore until they make that announcement.

^^^THIS^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2012, 11:32:51 AM »
Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…

and totally redeem yourself!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2012, 11:46:52 AM »

Ditto
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2012, 01:16:39 PM »
I have been reading the same. Amongst other things, supposedly he fired his agent (who is also Chizik's agent) so that he could grease the tracks for negotiations.

Petrino seems to be the most likely candidate at this point, for sure. I like it for all reasons except the inevitable divisiveness it  will undoubtedly cause within "the family".

Any hire will cause some divisiveness among some fans when their guy doesn't get hired.  I think most will be like me, he's not my preference but I'll support him because he's the Auburn coach.  We could hire Joe Stalin and I'd be telling bammers, "Those fools had it coming" while I bitched about to you guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2012, 01:43:23 PM »
Any hire will cause some divisiveness among some fans when their guy doesn't get hired.  I think most will be like me, he's not my preference but I'll support him because he's the Auburn coach.  We could hire Joe Stalin and I'd be telling bammers, "Those fools had it coming" while I bitched about to you guys.

A dead guy for a coach or our current guy who coaches like he is dead.    :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2012, 02:39:57 PM »
Get me somebody....anybody.  and get me somebody while I'm waiting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2012, 03:06:27 PM »
Get me somebody....anybody.  and get me somebody while I'm waiting.

Yeah, do you have the Beatles' White Album? Never mind, just get me a glass of hot fat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2012, 03:16:50 PM »
Yeah, do you have the Beatles' White Album? Never mind, just get me a glass of hot fat.

Sugar, Mr. Poon?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2012, 03:24:18 PM »
-15 right actor wrong movie.

Let's just say I wouldn't be any more surprised if I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum