Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Face Palm For Our Future

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Face Palm For Our Future
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2023, 05:11:26 PM »
elitism at its finest. 

categorically saying "these people aren't doing it" is wrong.

So they are building their broader, higher paying skillsets and just not moving on to use them?

Or are they choosing not to (or already chose not to) build their skillset?

Either of these being expressed is hardly being elitist. You can literally go drive a HS Bus a few hours a day with no exp needed, and they will train you, help you get a CDL and it's way better than min wage. Numerous examples like this. It can be done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2023, 06:19:59 PM »
elitism at its finest. 

categorically saying "these people aren't doing it" is wrong.

Oh. My. God. 

Seriously? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2023, 09:20:05 PM »
Oh. My. God. 

Seriously?

I’m gonna bow out of this one…I like these dudes personally but we’re on 2 different planets with this topic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2023, 11:03:17 PM »
I’m gonna bow out of this one…I like these dudes personally but we’re on 2 different planets with this topic.

Universes. 

And it's really not that hard.  My first job, I made minimum wage.  I made about $70 a week. But I could take a $20, put five gallons of gas in my car, take a date to the movies, spring for appetizers and a meal at Red Lobster and get a blowjob on the way home.  And I'd STILL have money in my pocket. 

My goal in that day was to work my way up to making $30,000 a year.  That was the big-time. 

People today have WAAAY more opportunities than I did.  I had to work two or three jobs and pay for my own college. I had to put in my time at some jobs I hated just to get experience so I could work my way to a higher level. 

Minimum wage jobs are NOT living wage jobs.  If you're in your 30s, have several kids to support and expect to make a "living wage" working 25 hours a week running the fryers at Burger King?  That's a problem.

If you honestly expect minimum wage to be "living wage"?  YOU'RE a problem.  A big one.

If you truly think paying Chucky who scrambles eggs at Waffle House $20, $25, $30, $50, $100 an hour is going to change his circumstances or improve the economy?  You need to put down the bong. 

Life's not fair.  It's not supposed to be. The idea that Maria from McDonald's should be on equal economic footing with somebody who has worked their way up to a more educated, more talented, more demanding position is absolute freaking lunacy.  THIS is how America ends.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 11:10:29 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2023, 12:16:24 AM »
So they are building their broader, higher paying skillsets and just not moving on to use them?

Or are they choosing not to (or already chose not to) build their skillset?

Either of these being expressed is hardly being elitist. You can literally go drive a HS Bus a few hours a day with no exp needed, and they will train you, help you get a CDL and it's way better than min wage. Numerous examples like this. It can be done.

I was talking about you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2023, 08:41:44 AM »
I was talking about you.

Yes. I know.

These scenarios are being expressed by me.

How is this idea elitist? To either build yourself towards upward mobility (several routes to this end) or sit in the same place. Those are the options. When did this become a crazy "elitist" idea?

Ok, so maybe I didn't bow out. Really asking here Nook. Not trying to throw shade at you and weskie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE