Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Voter Turnout

Voter Turnout
« on: November 08, 2012, 02:48:27 PM »
Lower than 2008.

Possibly lower than 2004.

If the electorate couldn't get excited for this election - one way or the other - I don't think they'll be excited for any.

I'm more flabbergasted by the turnout than anything else.  Ridiculous. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Re: Voter Turnout
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 02:53:49 PM »
I just read that Romney had 3 million less than McCain.

And Obama had 9 million less than 2008. 

9 million? 

Holy shit.  If the Republicans had a decent candidate to excite voters (also, a few congressional candidates to not make stupid ass comments), there's no way Obama is president for four more years.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 02:57:58 PM »
I just read that Romney had 3 million less than McCain.

And Obama had 9 million less than 2008. 

9 million? 

Holy shit.  If the Republicans had a decent candidate to excite voters (also, a few congressional candidates to not make stupid ass comments), there's no way Obama is president for four more years.

One of the things that I bitched about in the Thoughts thread.  Forgot the tweet and who made it, but said if Romney would have had McCain's numbers, he would have won.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 03:02:11 PM »
One of the things that I bitched about in the Thoughts thread.  Forgot the tweet and who made it, but said if Romney would have had McCain's numbers, he would have won.

Not quite. 

McCain didn't break 60 mil and Obama did this year.

Still though...something about Romney made 3 million people either stay home or switch sides.  I'm thinking more likely stay home considering Obama lost 9 million votes. 

9 million.  I'm dumbfounded. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 03:07:30 PM »
Not quite. 

Still though...something about Romney made 3 million people either stay home or switch sides.  I'm thinking more likely stay home considering Obama lost 9 million votes. 

I didn't check the numbers, just went with the tweet to make me more furious than I already was. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 03:10:50 PM »

I just wonder if the red states had the same turnout. Is there someplace that has the differences in voter turnout by state?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 03:35:00 PM »
Not quite. 

Or...

Something about Obama made them switch to Obama (or stay home).

I know it seems unfathomable, but some didn't see his presidency as the colossal fall of Rome is was foretold to be in 2008.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 03:39:31 PM »
Or...

I know it seems unfathomable, but some didn't see his presidency as the colossal fall of Rome is was foretold to be in 2008.

You mean they switched to Obama in 2008 or 2012?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 03:43:02 PM »
Or...

Rome did not fall in one day!

The misguided youth of this nation are frogs in a pot of water. A pot sitting on a flame.

When Rome falls, it will do so quietly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 04:00:18 PM »
You mean they switched to Obama in 2008 or 2012?
I'm saying in 2008 the same people that may have believed that the Mayan Apocalypse would be upon us if we elected the black dude, may have come around by the time re-election rolled around.

As hard as it may be to believe, some people don't vote along the same party lines every time they vote.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 04:22:31 PM »
I'm saying in 2008 the same people that may have believed that the Mayan Apocalypse would be upon us if we elected the black dude, may have come around by the time re-election rolled around.

As hard as it may be to believe, some people don't vote along the same party lines every time they vote.

Come around to vote for Obama?

That doesn't explain the 12 million drop in voter turnout at all. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 04:26:46 PM »
Still though...something about Romney made 3 million people either stay home or switch sides.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 04:37:12 PM »
Come around to vote for Obama?

That doesn't explain the 12 million drop in voter turnout at all.

Neither base got a good turn out.  I don't think they expected to.  I talked to a guy on Romney's campaign staff that was working NC, his words on Friday the 2nd were this "It all comes down to turnout.  They won't get what they got in 08, we need to match and exceed what we got in 08 to win and I think we will".  He was wrong.  Let's be honest, it wasn't much to get excited about. Obama or Romney....neither send chills down people's spine.  The fact that the north east and parts of the east coast were ravened by Sandy didn't help those numbers.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 11:11:08 AM »

The black dude? Seriously?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »
The black dude? Seriously?
He's enlightened. He's poking fun at all of the racist alpha males. In his book, if we have a hard stance against anything, we are racists, bigots, etc..

Seems his transformation is just about complete.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions