dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Wallace gets the start Sat.
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 11:13:08 AM »
Word on the streets is the buyout goes down on a prorated basis at ~$200k/month.  The $2.5M number is the difference between December 2011 and December 2012, but the difference between Nov 1st and Dec 1st is only about $200k
^^^^^^This guy reads my posts.^^^^^^^^

The saving $3 mil (or even the closer to accurate 2.5 mil) is a myth. As in not true. As in false.

Auburn pisses $200k.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »
Instead of treated, you get tricked?

S&M
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 11:19:56 AM »
It would behoove the BOTs and president not to do anything until after signing day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 11:31:06 AM »
It would behoove the BOTs and president not to do anything until after signing day.

1) You are gonna be hard pressed to sign a coach worth a shit after signing day.

2) Can you imagine the media shitstorm about "AU lying to recruits"?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 11:31:46 AM »

I understand why you are saying that, but don't want the be that way. Would rather be up front with the incoming players. Our shitty staff should not be the reason we fuck them over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 11:32:40 AM »
That might be the most insane thing you have ever posted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »
I don't really see how that will do AU any favors in the long run.  It comes across as a bitch move, will piss off recruits, and puts a new coach that much farther behind.  IMO, the second the clock stikes 0:00 after the Iron Bowl, kick his ass to the curb.  Assuming that you guys get somebody worth a shit and that recruits will recognize, the recruiting class will probably hold.  Even if you have 5 guys or so drop off, that shouldn't be difficult for a good coach to overcome and replace.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 11:37:53 AM »
Where did you guys get your business degrees? Hotels = tax revenue (City of Auburn), concessions = deduct costs in labor, electricity and raw material. Everything has costs before the bottom line is considered, so your numbers are not conservative. Ticket sales yes, but there are costs for the stadium to open before, during and after the game. Add to that maintenance costs, labor, security, etc. It would probably take at least three home games to make up that $3 million you speak of. The the school has to pay the opposing team $400,000+.

Lost variable revenue from concessions and other things (donations, licensed gear) that are more long term have nothing to do with costs for every game which are fixed. You have no idea the profit turnover for each game do you?

Exactly what degree do you have - Tinfoil College ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 11:39:45 AM »

You are an absolute moron. This, combined with your incoherent political ramblings makes me glad you are in no position of power on this planet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2012, 11:44:53 AM »
If a move is to be made, it should be the day after the IB, at the latest.  The new staff needs to be able to hit the ground running for the following 2 months on the recruiting trail.  Now, one of the numerous problems we'll face is the status of the coach we hire.  If it's Petrino, best case scenario.  He has no ties and can form his staff and take off.  If it's a Gary Patterson or Charlie Strong or someone currently coaching, the questions are...will the new guy stay and coach the bowl game?  Would they leave but their staff remains to coach the bowl game?  Is that coach going to bring his entire staff with him or will he use all or part of our current staff?

But...if they plan on firing Chizik, do it as soon as the IB final horn sounds and move on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2012, 11:49:10 AM »

You do realize that once we sign those kids on signing day and if we fired the entire staff, they would have free reign from the NCAA to transfer anywhere they wanted without having to set out?  That Blakely kid we have, yeah, he left b/c of Meyer leaving and Muschamp getting hired. 

That is exactly what we need, sign 25 kids, fire the staff after NSD and then watch 10 to 12 of them walk and we wind up 10 to 12 scholarship players short down the road.   Unless you want us to suck permanently, we could do just that and claim "Auburn Tigers...Forever Young!" as our new cheer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2012, 11:59:42 AM »
You do realize that once we sign those kids on signing day and if we fired the entire staff, they would have free reign from the NCAA to transfer anywhere they wanted without having to set out?  That Blakely kid we have, yeah, he left b/c of Meyer leaving and Muschamp getting hired. 

That is exactly what we need, sign 25 kids, fire the staff after NSD and then watch 10 to 12 of them walk and we wind up 10 to 12 scholarship players short down the road.   Unless you want us to suck permanently, we could do just that and claim "Auburn Tigers...Forever Young!" as our new cheer.

Rod Stewart likes this idea
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2012, 12:04:45 PM »
Rod Stewart likes this idea

bob dylan says fuck you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2012, 12:12:05 PM »
bob dylan says fuck you.

But no one could understand him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 12:16:21 PM »
You do realize that once we sign those kids on signing day and if we fired the entire staff, they would have free reign from the NCAA to transfer anywhere they wanted without having to set out? That Blakely kid we have, yeah, he left b/c of Meyer leaving and Muschamp getting hired. 

Thats not true. They would have free reign to transfer, as anyone can any year. However they would have to sit out a year. 

Blakely had to sit a year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

noxin

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »
2) Can you imagine the media shitstorm about "AU lying to recruits"?

Remember how bad they ripped bama for not reporting the textbook scandal until right after signing day?

Oh wait....

Dsiclaimer:  I agree it would be a bitch move, just like to call out the bama media whenever I can
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 12:23:14 PM »
Thats not true. They would have free reign to transfer, as anyone can any year. However they would have to sit out a year. 

Blakely had to sit a year.

I understand but our team is getting butt fucked every Saturday.  NCAA has provisions for these types of things. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »
I understand but our team is getting butt fucked every Saturday.  NCAA has provisions for these types of things.
What like an Anal Plug?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 12:42:22 PM »
What like an Anal Plug?

Hey, don't laugh.  Those things feel really good if you take....wait, I mean....they have to sit out a year.

What?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions