Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NCAA 09

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: NCAA 09
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 02:39:51 PM »
I thought about that one instead of the PS3, but I have heard nothing but bad reviews about it.  You may want to check it out before buying just in case.
I looked into it, you could be right, but for the most part most of the complaints were similar to this...
EA Sports has pumped up the “wide-open gameplay” of NCAA Football 09 throughout the game’s promotion and with good reason. With bigger holes, more cutback lanes and speedy scatbacks galore, NCAA Football 09 frequently feels like NCAA Football 89 -- from the fun, poppy presentation, to the bang-bang gameplay, to the default three-minute quarters to the game’s throwback, arcade-like feel. While this might turn off some gamers who enjoy the thousand-button realism of more recent EA Sports offerings, it will thrill the NES generation whose sports gaming passions were weaned on action-driven titles like Tecmo Bowl and Ice Hockey.
I think I might actually enjoy this more, being that I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer by any means. I mean, I do own a Wii instead of an X-box 360, so that should tell you about my gaming habits. I think the novelty of the Wii controls in a college football game is really about all I need, but I could see how more hardcore gamers would disagree.
I'm a bit skeptical now, but I'll probably end up getting it anyway.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 02:50:57 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 02:43:13 PM »
I looked into it, you could be right, but for the most part most of the complaints were similar to this...I think I might actually enjoy this more, being that I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer by any means. I mean, I do own a Wii instead of an X-box 360, so that should tell you about my gaming habits. I think the novelty of the Wii controls in a college football game is really about all I need, but I could see how more hardcore gamers would disagree.
I'm a bit skeptical now, but I'll probably end up getting it anyway.
All this equates to is "more fun for non-regulars sports game players" and "more points for the hardcore gamers."  It equals out. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 02:51:05 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 03:22:00 PM »
All this equates to is "more fun for non-regulars sports game players" and "more points for the hardcore gamers."  It equals out. 

Taylor I will have the full rosters for 360 tonight.  Will show you how to download from me.  Anyone else with a 360 that needs them let me know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 04:00:03 PM »
Taylor I will have the full rosters for 360 tonight.  Will show you how to download from me.  Anyone else with a 360 that needs them let me know.
I love you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 04:01:27 PM »
I love you.

I know.  But I'm spoken for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 06:40:33 PM »
I completely suck at pass defense.   That is all.

:silence:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 06:49:09 PM »
Just bought it. I will review tonight.

Anyone know how I can optimize (i.e. download rosters, music, etc.) for the kiddie version (Wii version)?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 08:54:54 PM »

Anyone know how I can optimize (i.e. download rosters, music, etc.) for the kiddie version (Wii version)?

If you had gotten the real mans version I could advice. But no, I have no idea how to to rosters or music for wii.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 10:53:29 PM »
PS3 Tag = autiger518  Send me invites fuckers.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 11:39:28 PM »

Chad, go to IGN.com.  They usually have good and reliable info.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 11:45:03 PM »
Yeah, I got it, and played on it a bit.

As expected, it fulfilled my need for an NCAA game in which the Wiimote was involved, and that was about it.

The graphics on this are utter shit though. I think maybe worse than NCAA06 I had for X-Box (The last NCAA game I had).

You can run the normal play book, or you can run a generic playbook with plays like "Deep Pass" or "Option Left". I suck far less when using those plays.

Overall, it's probably what you'd expect. Don't get it if you can get the X-box version. It works for me though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 11:47:16 PM »
Yeah, I got it, and played on it a bit.

As expected, it fulfilled my need for an NCAA game in which the Wiimote was involved, and that was about it.

The graphics on this are utter shit though. I think maybe worse than NCAA06 I had for X-Box (The last NCAA game I had).

You can run the normal play book, or you can run a generic playbook with plays like "Deep Pass" or "Option Left". I suck far less when using those plays.

Overall, it's probably what you'd expect. Don't get it if you can get the X-box version. It works for me though.
The question remains, is it fun?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2008, 12:07:08 AM »
The question remains, is it fun?
Yeah, I mean Tecmo Bowl is fun.

Oh, also, Jordan-Hare doesn't look right. the field looks right, but the stadium's all wrong, unlike I know the 360 version of 08.

Also, getting rosters for the Wii version is apparently a pain in the dick.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 12:08:20 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 11:18:35 AM »
Yeah, I mean Tecmo Bowl is fun.

Oh, also, Jordan-Hare doesn't look right. the field looks right, but the stadium's all wrong, unlike I know the 360 version of 08.

Also, getting rosters for the Wii version is apparently a pain in the dick.

Chad's ghey WII.
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=32061
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2008, 10:11:09 AM »
So I got it.  And played it.  Here are observations:

The custom stadium music is cool.  I now get War Eagle by the Auburn band whenever I score.

Like Rock Band's ridiculous step-up in difficulty from Medium to Hard, this game ramps up the difficulty pretty significantly when you change levels.  Freshman I scored every time I had the ball first time out. Went up to Varsity and got intercepted three times, had one first down. Could be that I just sucked, but still...

Why the hell does Brad Nessler say "Fayetteville" in the fourth quarter when you're playing in Auburn?  Stupid cocksucker.

Graphics are both good and bad but given the expectations I'm pretty disappointed.  The detail is better, but the movements are herky-jerky. Doesn't look like the players have a lot of speed, many times it seems they are running an inch or two above the field. There's no fluidity of motion during plays.  The movements were captured better in NCAA 06 for PS2.

The Mini-games are okay, but get old.

No pennants?  Hmmm. No historical teams?  Hmmm. That sort of sucks.  Don't know if you can unlock that kind of stuff or not.

Will play more later and have other observations.

I also just sent three friend requests.  Maybe you can teach me something about this game.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 10:26:05 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2008, 08:00:51 PM »
You'll have to get in a dynasty with us at some point!  :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2008, 09:10:40 PM »
You'll have to get in a dynasty with us at some point!  :vn:

I will tonight maybe.  I got kicked off the machine today because the wife and kids got tired of me playing it. 

I did play somebody from LSU online.  Wasn't a kid because he was miked up and I heard the dude.  First play from scrimmage he threw a pick that I returned for a score.  Kicked off, his guy fumbled the return.  Picked it up and scored. Kicked off again, he ran two plays and fumbled.  Picked up the ball and returned it inside the 10.  He cancelled out of the game.  Puss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2008, 09:14:49 PM »
I'll probably get on around 9...  If you want to give it a shot for an online matchup, just let me know, and I'll create a room for us to get a game going in.

I'll call it: KaosAC1

(You'll probably kick my ass.... My D sucks something awfull right now...)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2008, 04:16:30 AM »
No friends request to me? :blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2008, 09:43:05 AM »
No friends request to me? :blink:

Don't know your ID.

And I went to sleep last night.  Crashed and burned about 9:30. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions