Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

4 Games

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: 4 Games
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2012, 04:45:57 PM »
I will say it one more time in the hopes that the ESPN idiots or anyone else that thinks Chizik should be given more time sees it.

The firing of Gene Chizik is not a result of this year.

It is 4 years of the worst defenses we have ever witnessed at Auburn
It is lack of player development.

This season was the catalyst not the symptom.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2012, 04:49:06 PM »
I will say it one more time in the hopes that the ESPN idiots or anyone else that thinks Chizik should be given more time sees it.

The firing of Gene Chizik is not a result of this year.

It is 4 years of the worst defenses we have ever witnessed at Auburn
It is lack of player development.

This season was the catalyst not the symptom.
Just post this:

Since the NC, Chiz is 9-12.  Of the 12 losses, 7 have been by 21 or more points.  More than half, blowouts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2012, 04:50:59 PM »
And out the 9...8 of those were last year.  What direction are we headed?  I wonder...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2012, 05:03:56 PM »
And yet they still don't have a really fucking Auburn helmet...WTF!!

No wonder the fucker can't tackle-Look who's helmet that is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2012, 07:41:43 PM »

Watch that.
WOW!

HE TOOK US TO A BOWL GAME!!!11

You mean like every single other Auburn team has done in the 21st century minus the 2008 team that was Tuberville's demise?

I'm sick of this treatment like we're historically the football equivalent of Vanderbilt.

You have to go back to the 90's before you get to another bowl-less season, and that was back before you had to lose 7 games before you're eliminated from contention.

And we've still got 4 more to go!

:holtz:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2012, 08:32:07 PM »
For me, yeah it would be making a statement that "someone cares" if they announced the move now, but looking back at Auburn's history, no coach has survived a disastrous like this, and the only thing that would shock me is if Chiz did.  I'm as pissed and dismayed as any of y'all, but really am indifferent to when they make the change, or the announcement, because it's going to change nothing for this year's team.     
Count me in the group that wanted to see heads roll yesterday. However, I agree and totally get what you are saying.

JMO but I think the only reason we don't have Chizik's head on a platter right now is that his buyout drops from $10 million to $7.5 million on December 1st. I can see why the PTB are willing to wait 30 more days and save 2.5 mil. Since, like you said, it will change nothing that happens on the field this year. As to why JJ's head hasn't been already served, I have no fucking idea. Maybe his buyout drops Dec 1st as well? Again I don't know.

What I would like to know is that the PTB have already made their mind up and are well on their way to hiring BMFP... err I mean...interviewing candidates as we speak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2012, 08:35:46 PM »
Count me in the group that wanted to see heads roll yesterday. However, I agree and totally get what you are saying.

JMO but I think the only reason we don't have Chizik's head on a platter right now is that his buyout drops from $10 million to $7.5 million on December 1st. I can see why the PTB are willing to wait 30 more days and save 2.5 mil. Since, like you said, it will change nothing that happens on the field this year. As to why JJ's head hasn't been already served, I have no fucking idea. Maybe his buyout drops Dec 1st as well? Again I don't know.

What I would like to know is that the PTB have already made their mind up and are well on their way to hiring BMFP... err I mean...interviewing candidates as we speak.

If Gene was 1/2 the upstanding man he claims to be, he would refuse at least 1/2 of the buyout because of the position he will be leaving us in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2012, 10:19:32 PM »

JJ has a buyout? What fuckin moron came up with that
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2012, 10:23:18 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't having discussions (with Petrino no less) Before firing our current coach nearly lose us our accreditation?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2012, 10:25:32 PM »
JJ has a buyout? What fudgein moron came up with that
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2012, 10:39:17 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't having discussions (with Petrino no less) Before firing our current coach nearly lose us our accreditation?
I wonder how much of that had to do with AU's AD and some BOT's actually being in on the plane and in the meeting?  Hell Lowder's a free man now. I'm sure he can get things lined up and then report back to Yella Fella. Incognito.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2012, 07:04:37 AM »

Negative. 
Two separate incidents that happened at the same time. 
Not related.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2012, 10:08:27 AM »
When OM announced Nutt's termination (which would occur after the season) and allowed him to coach the remaining games, it was the dumbest dumb shit move in the world.

You either fire the guy or you let him ride out the season, but you don't announce that you plan on firing the guy.

Yep, when you divorce, you part ways now! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2012, 10:16:48 AM »
Nope.

It's actually prorated to $208,000 a month.

In other words it drops per month less than half of what JJ threw away to Jacksonville State to not play us...

Maybe they're holding out for November 1st?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2012, 10:38:12 AM »
Does anyone think our Board is smart enough to already have the wheels in motion?  There is no way they don't see the same thing 99% of the Auburn fanbase does.  It's over for this staff (And hopefully this AD) and change has to be made.  If we get to the day after the Iron Bowl and hear nothing....or if they do can Chizik but say "We're starting the search and we plan on doing it the right way and interviewing all qualified blah, blah, blah..." will there be a meltdown to end all meltdowns? 

They have to be on this already....don't they?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2012, 11:14:18 AM »
Does anyone think our Board is smart enough to already have the wheels in motion?  There is no way they don't see the same thing 99% of the Auburn fanbase does.  It's over for this staff (And hopefully this AD) and change has to be made.  If we get to the day after the Iron Bowl and hear nothing....or if they do can Chizik but say "We're starting the search and we plan on doing it the right way and interviewing all qualified blah, blah, blah..." will there be a meltdown to end all meltdowns? 

One would think but who the hell knows for sure? 

Actually I guess we will the day after the SPUAT game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2012, 11:17:42 AM »

Please dear 8 pound baby Jesus!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2012, 11:19:02 AM »
One would think but who the hell knows for sure? 

Actually I guess we will the day after the SPUAT game.

Anybody know if this is true?  I hear/am told that Dec. 1 Chizik's buyout decreases by like $2Mil. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2012, 11:20:05 AM »
Does anyone think Dye is smart enough to already have the wheels in motion?  There is no way he doesn't see the same thing 99% of the Auburn fanbase does.  It's over for this staff (And hopefully this AD) and change has to be made.  If we get to the day after the Iron Bowl and hear nothing....or if he does can Chizik but says "I'm starting the search and I plan on doing it the right way and interviewing all qualified blah, blah, blah..." will there be a meltdown to end all meltdowns? 

He is on this already....isn't he?

Don't know what I was thinking...There....FIXT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2012, 12:13:02 PM »
Don't know what I was thinking...There....FIXT.

Shhhh.  Keep this here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions